Birmingham, AL
Jefferson State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jefferson State Community College

Kerri

The advice I would give to myself back as a senior in high school, is to stay focused on the big picture. When I first attended college I found myself having a great time. The freedom of being on my own and the advancement into adulthood really catapulted my time in college. I found myself in brand new surroundings, diverse student life and alot to take in at once. Yes, I learned from my classes, but found myself with a fuller focus on life outside of class. Knowing now that it takes submissiveness, not just the desire to learn and grow to get all you can from your learning experience.

The worst thing about the school I attend is lack of campus involvement. Other schools I attended had so much to offer through campus involvement and academic clubs as well as social activities. Though there are certain ways to be more involved through the school, it is very limited and more of a hassle than a help to further your education through learning experiences outside the classroom.

I don't believe there are many potential students who should not consider attending Jefferson State Community College. The way the campus and classes are set up provides diversity and flexibility to most any student willing to advance. However, at this school the classes are smaller and less campus oriented. If someone wishes to attend a school with great student involvement and campus participation, this particular campus has such offers, yet they are limited compared to many schools and universities.

William

I would have said to stop procrastinating. When I was in high school, I procrastinated on a lot of things from homework, to studying, to college applications, and to scholarship enteries. If I did not do this, I probably would have been in a four-year school.

I believe that the worst thing about Jeff State is its age. The school is about forty years old and needs to be transformed into a 21st century college.

I do not believe anybody not attending a community college depends on how you are academically. For some, it is two-year program to transfer a four-year institution.

Jefferson State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.