New York, NY
Jewish Theological Seminary of America

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jewish Theological Seminary of America

Ariel

I have always been very focused and by my senior year I thought I knew what I wanted to get from these 4 years. I thought that everything was about getting the perfect grades, scoring the best results on a test, everything was focused on the academics. And then I took a gap-year and my whole perspective on things changed. I realized within that year that while getting good grades and working your hardest does matter, it is not the only thing that matters. The year gave me time to reflect on the lifestyle I had ,and I realized that one has to enable themselves onself to be an active participant in society; to be able go out into the world and volunteer and use my knowledge to help others, and travel, and pick up knowledge from your surrondings that was just as important as a classroom education. I would tell senior year self to make sure not to lose track of that. College is demanding and the hours are long,but you cannot let that prevent you from entering the world. It is easy to get sucked into the bubble but it's more rewarding to break free.

My school gives students the best of both worlds. Because we are in the Joint Program between Columbia University and The Seminary we given the opportunity to learn at two of the most prestigious institutions. We are truly getting a well-rounded education being able to study the Jewish religion and combine that curriculm with what we are studying at Columbia. We get a double-degree, dual-campuses, a small community within a bigger one, and so much more after all two is better than one!

When I am talking to my friends they don't want to hear about classes and schoolwork, and to be honest who can blame them? We all have a lot on our plate and they already have heard a lot about my program, the classes I take, and the workload I have. Therefore when talking to them I talk about the opportunities that Columbia, being in New York, provides me with. There are more internships available, more plays, more sights to see. College is more than just the education you recieve in the classroom.

Jewish Theological Seminary of America administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.