University Heights, OH
John Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend John Carroll University

Juneann

So far the I have gained many new friendships. Also I have gotten a whole new look on the world from my college experience the school is so diverse and multicultured that I have learned alot already only in a few weeks. i feel as though the education and moral values that this school teaches me will help me prepare for my future as a doctor and make me a better person.

The best thing about John Carrrol is the fact that it is a small, yet diverse school. The school is comprised of many different students fom all over the world.

Someone who wants to get a good education while still having fun. A person who is compassionate and diverse.

Chanel

Catholic and has many core classes

Catholic and has many core classes

I have learnt to become more independent and how to live away from home. I have matured.

When you graduate, it is a very well recognised school

Charolette

I learn how to be more independent and responsable. What you put into your college education is what you get out of it. I want to also show my kids that no matter what obstacles you are faced with you can over come them. When I first entered college after high school I had my first child, my main focus at that time was to provide for her, therefore i left college to get a job. I was a child that was raised on welfare, and in the projects. I want to get my child a better look at what life had to offer her, and a different enviorment. If I had to start all over I would have stayed in college. Currently I say it not to late, therefore Im ready to complete what I started.

Jessie

My college experience has been very rewarding and different. I have learned a lot, and not only about academics, but also about myself and the world around me. It showed me that anything is possible and the world is full of chances to achieve beyond anyones imagination as long as you work hard.

John Carroll has very close ties with the community and with the businesses in CLeveland. It is said that in CLeveland employers will choose a JCU grad over a candidate with similar qualifications who went to a different school because they know JCU provides a quality education and that candidate will be a well-rounded individual.

My college experience thus far has really helped me to findout what kind of person I truly am. When you are put in a situation where there is noone there to tell you what you should or should not do you are really able to find out what kind of person you are. Theey say the definition of character is how you act when noone is watching and I believe that is true especially in college, because noone is watching. I found out that I have a strong character and can make decisions on my own. The value of that lesson alone has made my first year of college a great experience for me. I cannot wait to see what my next three years have to offer in terms of growth and development as a person so I can become someone of exceptional character outside of college in society.

Karen

My college experience taught me how to be more independent and to find out things by myself. Throughout my high school schooling I have always had my parents are my sisters so going to college gave me the chance to find out what I could do on my own. I have also learned how to better my time management skills which helps with juggling extracurriculars, a job, classes, and homework. Responsibility is another big quality that I got out of my college experience because I have to keep job and get certain paperwork in for my programming board position. Throughout highschool the advisors usually walked you step for step but in college it is your job so you have to do it yourself. Living on campus has helped me live in a community with people I have never met before. I have made some really good friends that will probably stay friends after college. Finding a strong group of people that will help me whenever I need it or someone to just laugh with during stressful times is a great thing that makes the college experience well worth it.

I wish I knew more about what they excepted for class credits for over the summer from other schools. I wanted to take some classes over the summer at a cheaper college, but the school won't except it because of the college I was going to take them at or because the syllabus was not good enough to be excepted. I would have graduated on time if I took certain classes earlier because they were not going to be excepted from a certain school once I reached a certain credit level.

The advisors don't really seem to care too much about helping out the students. The advisors are professors so most of them only seem to care about their research. I feel like I'm disturbing them when I have questions. A lot of the science classes are only offered in certain semesters so it is very hard to graduate on time. Trying to figure out a schedule that works with the alternating semester class schedules is like a puzzle. I won't be able to graduate on time because classes clash eachother and are only offered certain semesters.

Amelia

Unique to John Carroll is the size of the classes and the religious affiliation. A few other schools I considered were the University of Michigan and Michigan State University, both larger state schools with large class sizes and no religious affiliation. I am very glad I chose John Carroll because I feel I am better able to excel with the help of my professors. It is very easy to get help on homework if you need it and they are always there to help. I don't know if I would have done as well at a larger school.

I would tell myself to get more involved in campus activities. Even though it is hard for me to step out of my box and be outgoing since I am naturally a shy person, I would have benefitted more if I would have started getting involved early. I will definitely use this information for graduate school and in the workplace in the future. Also I would tell myself to work harder. While I am not displeased with my grades because they are necessarily "bad", I know if I were to only put in slightly more effort, I could have done better. I am proving that this semester by working hard and hoping to get all As.

Those that are serious about their education should attend this school. Because of small class sizes, professors can afford to pay more personal attention to students than in larger schools. This means students have to be serious about their work and laziness will not go unoticed by professors. Smaller class sizes have enormous benefits over those of larger sizes at large universities. Professors can meet with students one-on-one and help them from falling behind. John Carroll also provides a rich social atmosphere for a wonderful college environment.

Angela

An atmosphere with a welcoming feeling to studnets willing to gain knowledge and wisdom to spead to the future of America.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would aware myself of alot of bumps in the road ahead. I would make more study time and less play time. I would encourage myself to engage in more school functions and clubs that could possible make myself more well round in a variety of feilds. I would insist apon not being so late for school so much because it brings apon bad habbits for the future, for when it really matters. I would tell myself that I have one more year to bring up my grades to get into the best college I possible can the first time around and not a two years after gradution.

The most frustrating thing about school is knowing that when I graduate I am going to be in a massive amount of debt. I can only afford so much before my debt is too largely to pay back in a life time. The reason I attend college is so that I can get a job to support my future children and family. If a student has alot of loans to pay back then how can college life be enjoyable with that riding on their mind constintly.

Katerina

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say these 3 things: Make sure you figure out financial aid awards first while choosing a school, make sure you know what you want to study is a good choice to transition into a lifestyle, and get involved - start your own club. With these three things in mind I would be able to choose a school that would have both excellence in academia as well as financial aid award benefits that match estimated need. Choosing what I would want to study and seeing myself in that future tense I would know where and with whom I'd like to associate with and create a change in that field instead of floating around for 2 years until you have to declare a major. I would do more soul searching and take interactive tests to find out my strong points before hand. Lastly I would start my own club with something I love and that the school may not have, like chess. Chess teaches the art of strategy and that what you do with your time is important. If you put effort in you get results.

The worst thing about my school is that there isn't enough non affiliative groups that can connect new students coming in to the campus. It feels like you just started a new school and no one knows anyone and it's difficult for the students who don't know how to get involved. It's harder here to connect with students unless you either already know them from your neighborhood, major, or socio-economic background. Most of the students dress similarly to each other and focus in on only a few interests which doesn't allow for much diversity.

A person who isn't from a catholic background because the learning leans toward conservativism versus knowledge for its own sake. Someone who is lower class or middle/lower class because you won't be able to match everyone else and do everything the other students seem to do.

Alise

My school is best known for its undergraduate studies in business and education. Personally, I chose this school because it has proven to pass 98% of the students that take a teacher's license test. My college is known for preparing their students for their future careers in their fields.

If I could go back in time, there are a few pieces of advice that I would give myself. First of all, I would pay better attention in my math course because it would have greatly helped me in my college math class. In addition, I would have worked harder on my writing assignments. These papers would have been good practice for the numerous papers I have to write in college. Also, I would have told myself to get more involved right away in school. I would have liked to join the clubs and extracurricular activities right at the beginning of the semester. I probably would have had an easier time meeting new people and making connections for my future. I feel that if I would have made these choices, my first semester in college would have been a little easier for me.

Before I came to this school, I would have liked to know that each class requires a large quantity of writing assignments. In high school, I was always told that college would be hard and I would need to study for numerous hours. However, I was not really told about the the additional writing that is involved in each class. If I would have known this ahead of time, I would have spent more time in high school preparing for the writing courses in college.

John Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.