John Tyler Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for John Tyler Community College

TaMera

John Tyler Community College is a safe and clean school. The campus is beautiful and the teacher are passionate about teaching. The counselors are also passionate about what they do too. All of the staff wants what's best for you and helps you step by step to complete your goal. I love it here. I wish it was a four year school.

Janay

John Tyler is a great college to attend for students who are still trying to figure out what it is that they truly want to do. As for me, it was a good fit until I began to grow more into the person that I am and understood that it was time for me to move on. It is extremely affordable and the professors are always there to help you whenever you have a need for their assistance.

Rebekah

I loved John Tyler Community College. My Professors were amazing, class sizes were small and my education was great. It also saved me so much money and helped prepare me for a four year college! There are a variety of clubs and social events that helped me meet new people and create good memories.

shelovesmyi

John Tyler Community College is a pleasant and peaceful environment. The teachers are always there to support you in class and outside of class. Teachers also teach the material very well with the methods they use. There's not a lot of commotion around the campus like a university. Overall, it is a simple, but amazing experience.

Lekeyshia

John Tyler provides a great education while saving money. They try to give the best educational experience.The teachers are accessible. I highly recommend looking at rate my professor before choosing classes that way you can save some time and money. Overall John Tyler is a good school and has good articulations with colleges in the state of Virginia.

John Tyler Community College is very diverse. In each class room you can find any number of different personalities, religions, race, sexuality, ect. JTCC also offers a wide array of different class options and time schedules so that everyone can have a chance to succeed. John Tyler Community College's staff is also very helpful and full of good advice. Over all JTCC is a wonderful college. However, I would like to see more student activities that can help tighten the bond between the students and staff.

Matthew

I love being a John Tyler community college! There are plenty of opportunities when you come here to this college. They offer many clubs and extra-curricular activities for you to join in on while you take your classes! Here at John Tyler, they truly do care for you and only want you to do the best work that you can, so keep John Tyler into consideration and join in on the fun!

Candice

I have a very high opinion of John Tyler. The class sizes are small, which allows for high student-teacher interactions. All the teachers are more than willing to bend over hand and foot to do anything they possibly can to help students, which is amazing. The advisers are a godsend, and the academic help is beyond amazing

Hunter

John Tyler community college is ok. People only go if they don't have a lot of money and or screwed up in high school and have to build a GPA. There is a large mix of people but you won't meet many of them because there is no party scene at all and it is a commuter school. Good if you're on a budget but is definitely not a college feel. However, most professor a fair and if you show up and try they will work with you.

Kiran

It's a great school to go if you're trying to figure out what you want to major in. They offer a lot of opportunities for students to get involved, such as a huge number of clubs, art contest, and also they have fun actives. For example, a movie night or plays. Also, it's a great and cheap way to get all of the basic classes out of the way, so when you do transfer you can focus on your required classes for your major.

Demetris

It is a great stepping stone to advance in your career.

Alec

It is a great school with a great staff and is a great value for the price of admission and education saftey is never and issue and teachers are always available. There are many different ways of study to be made available to student to help them succeed and get to the next level along with two campuses for more accessibility to classes

Sherae

Overall the school is great. The teachers and staff are helpful.

Brianna

My overall opinion about John Tyler Community college is that it is a great stepping stone to going to a 4-year University. The faculty is always willing to help. The class sizes are reasonable, and you should always be able to ask questions. The very best thing about coming here first is that you will save a ton of money. Community colleges are often 1/3 of the price of four year universities. So overall, John Tyler is a great college and i recommend it to seniors to really save some money!

Audrey

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far at John Tyler Community College and I'm happy to be working towards getting my Associate's degree while saving thousands of dollars. I'm excited to be able to then transfer to almost any four-year university in Virginia. couldn't have done it without John Tyler!

Overall I really have enjoyed John Tyler Community College a lot. The atmosphere of the school is wonderful and fun. You do not feel pressure to do anything you do not want. So far all of the teacher that I have had have been so nice and wanting to help. They are always willing to help and are understanding that sometimes life happens and things get in the way. The facility is great and very nice. I have not had many problems with the school, and most people have been understanding and wanting to help. I have a problem with the financial aid office being a little pushy and not wanting to help, but the Dean can help out with things. The Deans are great and always seem willing to help and follow through.

Stirling

Its very nice. there is always someone to help you out when needed. the people are kind. The campus is easy to get around at and there is a lot of security to help you out with anything. The process is very easy also. You won't get confused on anything.

Jade

John Tyler is a very nice school. The campus is usually well- kept. They try to involve students in multiple activities and email the students to inform them of the activities that are happening during the week or the upcoming week. The professors I have had maintain a constant office hours and usually reply to emails in a 24 hour window. Overall, John Tyler is a good school to start off with.

Matthew

During my time of being enrolled at John Tyler I was generally happy with the experience, the school was local to my residence, it was clean, it wasn't to big being a community college. The on campus staff friendly was nice and attentive, when I need help form the either the Admission staff, Finical Aid staff, and even my professors, they were willing to help me as best as they could. I also appreciated the class hours and flexibility with class hours and scheduling. They also had plenty of lounge areas both in side and outside and decent sizes library. Speaking of the library, the librarians were very helpful and knowledgeable, they typically had three or more in the library to help students out. My one grief was that I had with the library was that you had pay a small fee to print paper. I was a little disappointed that John Tyler Community College doesn't offer the specifically program that I wanted to do, this would Automotive industry classes and Certification certificates; however it was once offered years ago. Overall I was happy with my experience at John Tyler Community College, but I do wish they did offer the Automotive industry classes, because if they did I would still be there now. I do recommend this school to an individual who wants a small, local, easy to navigate college, with friendly staff and professors and its not as costly as a typically four-year public or private school.

Alexandra

They are trying very hard to make improvements to the campus so that more resources are available to the students. The teachers and learning environment are great. They offer great services to help with next steps. They have started trying to make books and class materials cheaper for students.

Michelle

Great thriving place to get your feet into the door of educating yourself. I think that the locations were great, they both offered rigorous programs and many varieties of classes to choose from. Amazing people teaching from the heart. I'd recommend people going to a 2 year before a 4 year any day.

Shantavia

Its a nice school to start off at. There is easy access to school parking and there is a cafe on campus to enjoy. The professors are efficient at teaching and there is always a tutor for a student needing help. Overall, I enjoy this college and the experience it has brought me.

Taija

It’s more of a standard school. While the layout is beautiful, it’s definitely not a university or anything like that. It sort of feels like I’m still in Highschool. The teachers do car about student succeeding buy I almost feel that they should care more because a lot of the times, transfer students run into difficulty, and I feel the advisors might not handle it the best.