Baltimore, MD
Johns Hopkins University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johns Hopkins University

Sheneice

Always contact the college of choice ahead of time, to find out if there are any open houses taking place, and try to visit the school during those times. While visiting try to sit in on classes that maybe taking place those days. Converse with deparment heads, professors, and current students to get a fill of the academic and social atmosphere.

Allison

There are a bunch of really talented musicians here at Johns Hopkins music school.

I stongly suggest making a visit to the school. Take everything into account. Distance, finance, academic competitiveness. Talking to the financial advisors and your future teachers will be very beneficial to your choice. Also read up as much as you can. Make sure that you have a plan to pay for school and that it is not too far fetched. Also, make sure you love what you are going to school for and that you feel that you couldn't be happier anywhere else. Then you will know that you have made the right decision.

That they don't give nearly enough financial aid.

Vanessa

It is best known for it's Lacrosse championships and for most students pursuing to be a doctor. It is also very competitive when it comes to Pre-Medicine courses.

There are so many opportunities for success outside of the classroom. Many professionals are guest lecturers in classes and allow students to apply for internships for hands-on experience.

Make sure that you visit the University and ask to spend a night with a host student in their dorm. It is very helpful to live in the life of a college student at that particular University so that you can see how it really is. Also, try and attend some classes so you can see the different teaching styles and the academic rigor of the classes. Also, make sure that you are comfortable with the surrounding areas of the University. Make sure that you feel safe and that you have proper stores ( grocery, pharmacy, etc. ) for your convenience.

Kaitlin

There is not much of a social scene. Everyone is too academicaly focused.

When deciding which college is best for you, don't be afraid to choose a school that is a little out of your comfort zone, whether that be due to distance, culture, or academics. College is about more than a higher education. It is about challenging yourself in order to discover who you really are and all that you are capable of. If a school appeals to you, don't let the fact that it is too far away from home or has a cut throat reputation hinder you from going there. These challenges only make you stronger and allow you to uncover qualities and abilities that you never knew you had. Once you have chosen which college is best for you, make sure to get involved in everything it offers, whether that be volunteering, clubs, sports, or travel abroad. You won't have another time in your life where you will have as many resources and opportunities in front of you, so take full advantage of them. And don't be afraid to be the first one to introduce yourself. College is where lifelong firendships are made, and you don't want miss out.

mary

asian, driven, hard workers. they're nice, but have their personal goals on their minds. it's hard to make good friends.

It sounds cheesy, but it's true- follow your heart. Honestly, most students don't know exactly WHY they chose the university they're attending- they just know it "felt right." If you are lucky enough to know what you'd like to study, make sure the schools you're interested in are strong in those areas. Don't talk yourself into thinking it's "okay" that a school doesn't have a strong program in an area of interest. Also, don't overlook daily facilities like housing and dining halls. Even the most academically-focused person has to eat and sleep every day, and no matter how intellectually-renowed a school may be, no amount of knowledge is worth 4 years of bad cafeterias and hard mattresses! Make sure you know what's most and least important to you- academics, culture, social life. Every school has strengths and weaknesses, and finding one that concurs with your personal priorites can help make the most of your college experience! It sounds simple on paper, but the quest for the perfect college is windy and confusing. The most you can do is stay positive and enjoy the ride!

hard working, self-disciplined, please be nice! willing to work a lot on your own and get no sleep

David

I was very intimidated when I applied only because Johns Hopkins University has such a well known name and I knew all of the students and faculty were at the top of the profession, but once I started school, everyone was so nice, friendly, and willing to help me succeed.

If you know what you want to go to school for, apply to schools that are well known for their programs in the area you want to study. Don't apply to a school because your friends are going there or you heard they throw crazy parties at that school. Apply to a school that you know you will do your best at and succeed. It is important to visit a school and try to sit in on a few classes before deciding you want to attend because it is extremely important that you like the school/campus and area, know some of the professors and their teaching styles, and also feel comfortable with the students. Just because a school is expensive does not mean that it will be better for you. Listen to schools others may recommend to you, but if you visit the school and know you don't like it, you may want to consider another school or apply to the school as a backup. Also, do not judge a school if you have heard a friend didn't like it, who knows, you may fall in love with the school and end up there. Good luck.

I believe that even though Johns Hopkins University is a large school in a city setting, the best thing about or school is that every person I've met wants you to do well and succeed. Everybody is extremely nice and I get along with students and faculty to the point where I am surprised at how friendly everyone is. No one cares about ethnicity, financial background, gender, religious views, or anything, if you are a nice person you will get along with everyone.

Kelly

First, students must take the time to do their research about each prospective school that they are looking to attend. Campus visits are strongly recommended--sometimes decisions about attending a school can be made in the first five minutes of visiting a campus. If you know anyone who attends any schools that you are looking at, make sure to use them as a resource. See if you can visit them, sit in a class, see the dorms, and use them to answer questions--don't be afraid of asking too many! People want you to have a positive college experience--it's the best years of your life! Secondly, if you are looking to play a sport in college, remember that you are at school to go to school. Choose the school based on the academics--not because of a coach or a team. Third, if you know what you want to major in, google it. Schools will pop up that you may not have considered--take the time to look at all of these schools and their respective programs. Finally, have fun with it! Explore schools from different regions of the country--you never know what you may find!

The fact that anyone who graduates from here will have the opportunity to get a really good job & has access to some of the top professors, research facilities, and opportunities as an undergrad at Hopkins.

Some professors fail to recognize that students do things other than attend class, and so often assignments are given without a lot of time to complete them, or changes are made to assignments hours before they are due. Also, it seems like exams are scheduled very close together during the academic year, and some professors expect students to spend all their time studying for their specific class.

I wish I had known how to study. I have had a difficult time mutlitasking between sports and school, but having finally made the awful decision to give up something I love, I have been able to get much better grades the last semester not playing soccer. It's been an amazing transition, I've had time to study and am finally getting good grades. I just wish I could have learned to multitask or at least have learned to study much better.

I really boast about the people that I am surrounded by at this school. Everyone has such an amazing work effort and it inspires me to do well in life. I am developing into an amazing worker and my ambition is stronger than ever. I enjoy telling people what type of person I have become because of this school and the people I am surrounded by.

I have really learned to make the best of what I have. The lessons I have learned along with the education I am obtained is priceless. Make sure you pick a school that challenges you; pushes you to work. If you do this, you will achieve a feeling of accomplishment that is irreplaceable. I have spend countless hours in the library, sacrificed parts of my social life, and am will be knee-deep in loans when I leave. But it something I feel is totally worth it. I work hard and play hard and when I let loose, it is well deserved and I feel great. The feeling of such achievement...to be pushed as hard as I am, is unexplainable when I feel the intrinsic value of such a feat. My dad passed away 3 years ago and ever since I have had money issues, along with my own emotional hang ups. To push through and conquer, to make him proud, along with making myself feel like I am worth something is the best feeling in the world. Experience everything, let yourself feel every defeat, and let yourself fullly enjoy every success.

Johns Hopkins University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.