Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

social desert. high pressure. academically overwhelming. nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one to go with. The pressure to study is so high here that no one ever does anything else but study. seriously. No memorable spring break trips, no fun trip to new york. The most that ever happens is friday or saturday night (choose one) at a club or so, but even that is rare (few times a year, if that). otherwise, top tier education, a high profile name that'll get you anywhere, and a small cozy campus.

My school is a social mecca; jocks, nerd, poets, hipsters, indiepunk all are able to sit down and talk. It feels like its one hundred percent okay to be who you are here because everyone is so intellegent and able to accept people who are different and value their unique perspective.

Johns Hopkins is a unique, beautiful school, where I feel students truly experience college academically and socially, where they are challenged in and out of the classroom, being surrounded by people from all different backgrounds, which give students a real well rounded education.

Hopkins is a place where serious students come to take the next step in their lives. There are people here who want to have fun, but everybody is working hard. The resources here are unparalleled, the library is great and the campus is beautiful.

Johns Hopkins University is an elite university for the driven student who wants to excel despite a plethora of challenges, which include, but are not limited to, strong competition, lack of social life, and living in a dodgy neighborhood.

It's really pretty! The campus is one of the biggest reasons that made me pick Hopkins over Cornell. It's small too, which is very convenient (about 10 minutes from end to end) although it doesn't look small at all.

Hopkins is a school where you can truly take advantage of every academic venue while still finding new outlets for fun, exploring and just meeting some of the most interesting people from everywhere.

Johns Hopkins University is a school which has a very demanding workload and its' vigorous competition constantly stresses out students who don't feel like they are as good as others.

Private university with a small-world atmosphere conducive to making friends, high academic standards, and diverse extracurricular activities.

Imaging green landscapes with brick pathways and Georgian architecture. Cherry blossoms in the spring. JHU looks very smart and intellectual.