Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

There's a wide variety of personalities and interests represented at Hopkins. There are also so many student groups here which is a really easy way to meet people with similar interests. There aren't many segregated groups at Hopkins: Greeks interact with no-Greeks, athletes with non-athletes, etc.

The typical college student at Hopkins is focused. There are many things to be focused on, but most students here will have some kind of plan or MO that they work towards. Academic fixation is common, though there are people here who bring more than just grades and book smarts to the table.

I think Hopkins is generally conservative and some might say segregated. The student body is fractured into different interest groups and as a result events are poorly attended by those not already familiar with the group sponsoring it. People are middle class to very wealthy.

Hopkins is among the most diverse schools in the country. You will find people from a variety of different countries, states, and backgrounds. It's a great environment here and it's nice to branch out and meet people from different places than where you grew up!

People at this school are extremely focused and competitive, sometimes competitively so. There are nice people, but the overall attitude is one of intensity, and there is sort of a general unfriendliness and isolation that is experienced here.

My classmates are diverse in every aspect: ethnicity, personality, studiousness, major, interests, and others - that means there's a friend by my side for whatever mood I'm in, and it gives campus life flavor and keeps things interesting.

My classmates are all extremely intelligent people who are willing to get together for group study, games, or even just relaxing and grabbing a coffe while discussing everything from physics to history to what's the best coffee in town.

Fashion at Hopkins can be described as lackadaisical. Most people end up wearing Hopkins gear. This is either out of school pride or do to the fact that they have recieved too many free t-shirts and now have to do something with them.

Students who go here are really great! They are all pretty easygoing and welcoming! Especially if you are a freshman, EVERYONE is in the same boat- you are all trying to get to know one another and everyone is really social!

Everybody needs to have the top grades and GPAs or else they will not get into the top medical schools, because a huge majority of the population of undergraduates at Johns Hopkins University are pre-med.