Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

The worst thing about Hopkins is where it is situated in the city. Unfortunately it is kind of surrounded by poorer neighborhoods and that sometimes makes it to get out and see the more interesting sites in surrounding Baltimore.

The worst thing about my school is the money. It is very hard to recieve any kind of financial aid to attend this school. Anther problem is that this school has many campus's and not all of them are renovated and up-to-date.

The worst thing about JHU, in my opinion, is the consistent lag time associated with financial aid office. It seemes to take an unrealistic amount of time to have monetary awards be credited to my account.

Competition. Hopkins students are very driven and will do what it takes to be at the top. It's great to be surrounded by intelligent workaholics, but a lot of the time you have to fend for yourself.

Every school has its cons. The worst thing about Hopkins is the competition for good grades. It seems as though my best is never enough, there is always more to give even if it doesn't seem possible.

Professors are often uncompensated for time spent teaching, so it can be obvious that they would rather be in their research labs.

Lack of School Spirit. Probably the entire surrounding areas don't help the lack of school spirit situation.

Students are not very social and very academically- driven. There are not many religious activities offered.

location. too much pressure. better on-campus recruiting would be nice. under-rated. major grade DEFLATION

I would consider the lack of a student union/student center the worst thing about my school