Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Too competitive

nerdssss

They're all pre-med. Which is and isn't true. A lot of the science and engineering kids are pre-med, but there's also a lot of International Relations and Writing Seminars kids who are nowhere near pre-med. Another stereotype is that Hopkins kids don't have much fun. That's unfortunately slightly true. Hopkins is intense, and the territory goes with it. Your idea of fun may not be researching the enzymatic reactions of certain protein receptors on a weeknight, but that's just what some kids do, and is quite common. Nevertheless, even the dorkiest/nerdiest kids (and Hopkins is full of them) find less academic routes to stress relief, including ultimate frisbee, ballroom dancing, and volunteering, to name a few.

The stereotypes are that all Hopkins students are awkward. There are a lot of Asian kids, which doesn't really matter, but it's a stereotype and it's true. Another stereotype is that all Hopkins students do is study. Another stereotype is that all Hopkins undergrads are premeds.

JHU has a strong stigma for being "cut-throat". It is generally known to be a place where "fun comes to die" because students are too engulfed in their work. Students are thought to be consumed with their work both in the classroom and in the research labs.

Typically people think JHU students are all pre-med, all only interested in grades, and the kind of people who spend all of their time in the library. There is also a common stereotype that the school is very cut-throat in terms of competition

Everyone is pre-med or an engineer that either has no social skills or is really cutthroat. Also, everyone tries to graduate as soon as possible to get out of Hopkins.

That it is very cut throat and that there is a ton of work. That students don't get along with each other and are only trying to get ahead.

First of all, that everyone is pre-med. Second of all, that everyone is cutthroat. Third of all, that everyone spends time studying.

People say Hopkins students are cutthroat, hard working, and antisocial. Also, people think it is a place where there is no fun.