Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

Hopkins is a school that is a good fit for a lot of people. It is a medium sized school with about 4,400 undergrads. You get to know a lot of people on campus, especially in your year, but it is big enough where you can meet new people every day. It's an impressive school with lots of majors ranked in the top 10 in the country, even outside of the natural sciences and engineering. It has stuff for everyone.

All of the students at JHU are passionate about studying and learning. I think that the administration could treat its students better. The size of Hopkins is just right. People ask me if I am going to be a doctor when I tell them I go to JHU. I spend most of my time in Cafe Q the coffee shop in the library. I think that the administration often overlooks its students and seems not to care about them.

I think that if I didn't love my friends to death I would hate Hopkins, they definitely allow it to be somewhat bearable. I think that Hopkins is a socially segregated school and groups seem to break off instantly, like as soon as we get to school, which is sad. Honestly, I would not advise anyone who I care for to come here.

i think one of the hardest things is the attitudes of people coming in. most seem not to have picked hopkins as their first choice; they either didn't get into some other school or friends/family pressured them to come here. but that means their attitudes right off the bat are at risk for being a bit negative and pessimistic.

The best thing about JHU is the student body. It is so diverse and made up of entirely unique and interesting people. The size is perfect, in my opinion. It's small enough that I recognize faces most everywhere I go, but it's big enough that I see new faces all the time.

It's a beautiful campus, that's the first impression. And Baltimore is a wonderful city to live in. Yes, you have to have common-sense, just like in any city, but Baltimore (despite it's murder-rate) is a welcoming, quirky city that you'll love to get familiar with.

Johns Hopkins University is a great school because of its diversity and wide range of activities, both academic and extra-curricular.