Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

I love the help our school offers for each class. In just about every subject, there are help sessions where TA's are there to answer any questions students might have for that subject. They are offered throughout the week at multiple times so that students can sign up according to what their schedule permits. Some of these sessions also have a maximum amount of students allowed to attend to ensure that each student gets enough attention. The professors also make themselves extremely available with convenient office hours where I've always found I get all my questions answered.

The best thing about my school is that it's very well-known and therefore can offer students great opportunities that might not be available at other colleges. I've had the opportunity to hear lectures from an accomplished screenwriter and an astronaut, among others. My astronomy teacher won a Nobel Peace Prize, and our theater department is run by the actor John Astin. The professors are extremely knowledgable in their fields, thereby providing the best education possible.

I believe that even though Johns Hopkins University is a large school in a city setting, the best thing about or school is that every person I've met wants you to do well and succeed. Everybody is extremely nice and I get along with students and faculty to the point where I am surprised at how friendly everyone is. No one cares about ethnicity, financial background, gender, religious views, or anything, if you are a nice person you will get along with everyone.

In high school, I went to a public school which centered on nothing but sports. The majority of its attendees were shallow athletes who knew their alphabet and how to count to ten, and not much more. When I came to Hopkins, I was blown away at the fact that theses people actually had brains in their heads, and I could have legitimate, intellectual conversations. I had never in my life been able to have such amazing conversations with people my own age.

The best thing about attending Johns Hopkins is the reputation that it has throughout the world. I enjoy all my fellow students who attend Hopkins and can easily relate to me intellectually. It has always been my desire to live and study along others who have the same academic and career goals as I do. The high quality of education that I am receiving now plays into the reputation that Hopkins has, and therefore, is the best thing about my school.

I like the fact that as we are meeting new people each day, we are networking. These are the people that might get us that job or that big break that we will be looking forward to in the future. And they also may be working with us in the future. It is a very small sort of family environment which can be nice at times and you also never feel like no one knows who you are. Everyone knows who you are, so there should be no reason to be ignored.

The best thing about Johns Hopkins was that while learning from some of the most qualified professors in the world, you also learn how to be an adult, to challenge yourself and fulfill your full potential in life. Hopkins forces its students to take a leap of faith into the unknown. You really dont know if you are going to suvive the experience, but when you do you feel like a new person that can surive anything the world throws your way.

Personally, I think it's the students. Since I've already described them, I'll mention something else. The next best thing about JHU is arguably the Fresh Food Cafe (FFC). The FFC allows for students to have one of several meal plans. Mine is unlimited, so I can eat at the FFC as much as I want. It has great food that comes from local farms, so it is healthy and delicious.

The academic environment here is great. I can take a wide range of classes and I know that the quality of each of those classes will be great. I also know that I can pursue any academic endeavor and that there will be faculty and students that are willing to discuss the subject with me. Almost everyone I have encountered here takes pride in being intellectual.

The best thing about my school is the amount and accessibility to a lot of resources. I say resources because you can always find the answers to your questions by using resources. If you have a paper or project to do using the resources such as books , research, and newspaper can help you get the information you need to get the assignment done.