Johns Hopkins University

« See more reviews of Johns Hopkins University

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Johns Hopkins because of the generous financial package I received. I applied to a bunch of big named schools and got into almost all of them. Johns Hopkins happened to give me the most money and because my family could not afford to pay $54,000 a year out of pocket, there was no question.

I wanted a school that didn't have a core curriculum and had a creative writing program. JHU has a loose liberal arts requirement for classes outside my major that didn't force me to take any classes I didn't want to, but also encouraged me to try new things.

A freshman Writing Seminars and English double major, Lauren describes why she chose to attend Hopkins.

A sophomore Philosophy and Economics double major, Jackie, describes why she chose to attend Hopkins.

A senior Neuroscience major and theater minor, Michelle, describes why she chose to attend Hopkins.

A freshman Film and Media Studies Major, Josh describes why he chose to attend Hopkins.

A junior Political Science major, Julia describes why she chose to attend Hopkins.

The Public Health Major. Look it up.

I wanted to go to a school that had a great international studies program, great study abroad opportunities, and lots of freedom in scheduling (like no core requirements!), so Hopkins was a great fit!