Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte

SaEryon

I really like the school and all the people I have met so far. I feel like the rooms could be better and we should have more access to buy things in our rooms to cook our own meals in our own space. I also feel as if we need more protection with the on-campus housing considering there are homeless people walking through the campus chasing students. Other than that, the school is a very great school, known for majorly culinary and the school is very recommended.

Gamica

It is a place that people from all over and come to learn. The campus from what I have seen is very open and dependable. You are able to explore around campus safely without many worries. The teachers really try and work with you if you are struggling, and make sure you are taken care of. The are many events on campus and off to keep you happy, and healthy. Of course, JWU won't replace home, but it will try!

alauria

Johnson & Wales university is a beautiful campus. Everyone is so friendly and ready to help when needed. The pet friendly community is my favorite part of the university and a huge reason i want to go there in the first place since i can't bear to leave my dog beside. The degree i want to purse is available to me and is an important aspect of my college choosing.

Rebecca

This campus is great. The teachers are amazing and courses are challenging enough to keep you on your feet, but not too challenging where you want to cry with all the work you have. The chefs are fantastic and know the food service industry very well. They never stop encouraging you to do better and really perfect your skills. Everyone wants you to succeed. There is always something happening on campus. There are some fraternities and sororities, but Greek Life doesn't dominate campus. The campus cafeteria is not the best, but there are TONS of shops and restaurants around that fit every budget. Financial aid is given to almost every student. JWU's mission is to provide financial support for everyone to keep tuition affordable for everyone. The education is worth the money.

Ashyia

I believe this school is for someone who plans on commuting ans has 40,000 to give away. This school is way to expensive and have a minimum amount of things to offer. Classroom sizes are relatively small. They have many teachers who have very heavy accents and are hard to understand. To say it is a culinary school the food they offer the students are disgusting.

Junah

Johnson & Wales is a incredible school. You definitely get out what you put in while you are attending the school. No matter what major you are, professors are always available, as well as we have unlimited amounts of help in every aspect of school; academics, finances, jobs, internships etc. I have learned so much as a first year and have experienced so much outside of class with all the events associated with the school, as well as all the companies that visit our school hiring students occasionally. I am so blessed to have been accepted into this school.

Julia

Johnson and Wales Charlotte was my dream school to attend. Once I got here, I was over whelmed with the amount of lab help we are provided and quality time with the professors. All my instructors would be available to help and students join together to tackle the class. Students here are committed to making their environment a home and the city is an amazing place to learn how to be an adult.

tiffany

This is a very prestigious school. There are many opportunities to network with people in the profession. I recommend this school for people who have worked in the industry or who have taken some kind of cooking classes or tech in high school or community college. For someone like myself who had no experience other than my home kitchen. It is a big jump trying to adjust and learn new information so fast

Rayna

J-WU is great! The student activities board always has something planned whether it be school parties, or just a day out in the city, Johnson and Wales is a definitely a home away from home. Since we're kind of like an arts school, you bet whatever they plan will be creative. The teachers are always willing to help, at reasonable hours and never turn their back on you. I'm so glad I chose this school.

Destiny

Johnson and Wales is a very welcoming private school. There are so many opportunities available to students it's overwhelming. The only downside to the school in my opinion is the price. If you come to JWU, please make sure you have a reliable way to pay for school. I know so many people who had to leave, including myself, simply because we couldn't pay. The professors and staff make themselves available to students and are always willing to give a hand. The environment is welcoming, and the campus is relatively small so you begin to remember the same faces you see everyday. Everyone looks out for one another, and people will make sure you're okay even if the don't know you personally. The cafe food is decent. I've gotten to know most of the cafeteria workers personally, and they don't have many choices as to what they can make due to supposed budget cuts. The selection of stores and eateries around the school is vague, such as a Chik Fil A and Subway, and they all close early. The campus is clean, and friendly. There isn't much of a campus life, since the school is new but we hope to expand our athletic and campus life though. Johnson and Wales is a great school, I'm happy to be continuing my education with them for the next four years.

Faith

I love it here. My professors are very helpful and whenever I have a question about just about anything, there is someone I can talk to and they'll have an answer. Although I don't like having to pay for laundry in the dorms and the food isn't always tasteful, everything else is fine.

Michelle

Johnson & Wales is a decent college overall. the location is great for a city, it is right for everything but as far as safety and accessibility for students when it comes to helping them become adjust could use some help. The parking could also be updated and not taken from students on the weekends.

Girkeia

My overall opinion of Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte is that it is quite, nice, friendly, the students have a purpose , everyone wanted to learn, you can get a lot of help for the staff and it is a good experience.

That Johnson and wales university-Charlotte is a good school the students and the faulty are very nice and the school have a awesome culinary school and good housing, classes, and a cafeteria when i went on a tour of Johnson and Wales University the tour was good i meet new people and tried out new food.

Melissa

The total tuition for just one year is over 40k, however, they just recently took away the ability for students to print for free. I feel that it should be a given to have free printing if I am already paying so much to be here. With the amount of money that is being paided, I feel that the school should offer much more or find new means to lower its tuition cost.

Shakeisha

It needs improvement. The concern for students overall college experience is lacking. Students come to college to do more than go to school. Clubs and organizations needs better leadership also, more student involvement. Something needs to be done to increase student involvement on campus.

Myesha

I love it there! Its a close knit community and everyone is friendly and relaxed but gets their work done. The teachers faculty and staff all want you to succeed and are always willing to help in anyway that they can. I'm so excited to start in the fall.

Tavion

I believe that Johnson and Wales university - Charlotte is a very good school so far. The upper class men are very helpful and supportive of the new freshmen attending their school such as myself. In addition, they encourage you to join different clubs that the university have on campus and also give you advice on being a great student. As far the food it was good but later on it made my stomach hurt for some reason so i feel like they need to work on the food better. But overall Johnson & wales is a good school.

Synia

Johnson & Wales is family oriented campus,that cares about each other in and out of the classroom. Engaging in each student events going on cheering each other on to show our school spirit as wildcats. Helping us in the classrooms that gets us prepared not just for our careers but the lessons in life it brings with it.

KerraLena

Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte is a great place to attend school I think their campus is beautiful and the student life is great. I also like that their class size is pretty small and focused compared to other schools. They offer lots of activities for students to be involved in outside of classes and they try to keep the students in the know with campus events. I would greatly recommend others to attend Johnson & Wales.

Destinee

There are various resources available, everything is pretty close together and the professors are very helpful. The only negative I've found is how expensive it is and sometimes I feel like the content we learn isn't really useable. I like the school, however. There's a great variety of people here and they're all pretty nice. I would recommend this school to anyone, especially if they're interested in Culinary Arts.

Thealus

It is a wonderful school; a lot of first time students are impressed with the academics, social life, and extra-curricular activities. I really enjoy the clubs that are offered at this school and I love how interactive everyone can be. Even though I don't go to a lot of parties, it is a very fun place to be when I am with my friends.

Haley

I came to Johnson & Wales for baking & pastry. The chefs and labs are wonderful! I have learned so much and have so much confidence in my skills now. Unfortunately in almost every other department JWU drops the ball. The offices hardly respond to your emails unless you send multiple. One time I emailed HR with a question and did not receive a response for over a month. It is hard to get questions about financial aid or academics answered. I have had some great experiences with academic professors but most of them seem unqualified and act like they are teaching high school students. There are a lot of ways to get involved on campus but much of the information of minors and opportunities is hard to find. The school does have a great reputation in the food service industry that helps with the job search. If you are interested in developing culinary or baking and pastry skills this is a great school. There are better options out there for other majors,

Lashawna

I believe the school is very expensive but well worth it if you take schooling serious. I connected with this school as soon as I heard about it. if gives me distance away from my family but also close enough that when I need them they will be there. This university gives you a lot of help when it it needed and they do care for their students.

Mallory

I am satisfied with my decision to attend Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte. The University has provided me with many opportunities working in my intended field of study. All professors at Johnson & Wales have had real-world experience in their careers, which benefit the students greatly because of how they teach.

Hailie

I like that the campus is surrounded by the city of Charlotte. It makes it easy to explore the city and experience new things around us. Th only thing that I don't like is that there isn't really a campus feel since most of the students live off campus. Most of our students are commuters so if you are a transfer or live off campus you don't really get that involved on campus.

Paris

Its okay, can have better student involvement and activites

Maleik

It’s a great college to my understanding and liking. They have many great opportunities that I would love to be a part of.

Darrell

I think Johnson and wales is a great school, there are a multitude of facilities for students to make use of, clubs and groups going on and lots of things to do nearby to keep students engaged when not directly going to class. Teachers care and are passionate about what they do, they want you to learn and will go above and beyond to that end.

Chelsea

I will be attending JWU next fall, and I am so excited to be apart of the Wildcats! It is an amazing school, and I cannot wait to experience the life inside of a university. It is something that will be life-changing, and it will be for the better! Go Wildcats!!!

Jaciyah

5 star and so ready to attend did my research on this college and can’t wait to be a freshman and it only 1and a half from my parents so that’s a plus Also can’t wait

Overall there is not a doubt in my mind that Johnson & Wales isn't a great school. I'm definitely partial to this school but I don't think anything is wrong with that. I take pride in calling JWU my school, I take pride in being a wildcat. Every class I take, and every relationship I form with my professors is shaping me and molding me into the person I want to be when I graduate. There are things at JWU that I don't particularly like and there are changes to be made for an overall better experience. However, I like JWU and I feel so blessed that this is my school.

Isaiah

Johnson and Wales is a beautiful school and the people are very nice. I’m glad I chose to attend that college.

Natasha

I love Johnson & Wales University. The Professor/Chefs' dedication to the success of their students is amazing. I wish that some academic classes would go more in depth and challenge students more. The opportunities presented to students are endless. I am confident that my degree will land me a job after graduation.

Andrew

My overall opinion of the school is that is a very good place academics wise.The housing for freshman is not the best because there are no kitchens and the living space is relatively small and is shared by 4 students.The cafeteria could stay open later for the students that work.

It's a good school just not in a very great area so students have a lot of access to drinking and drugs, but the class size and teachers are perfect.

Antonaye

I honestly like it because it's a nice school, and it is one of the schools that were meant for someone to attend if they wanted to further their education in the culinary arts. Also the people at the school seem. I'm really excited for my first year in 2020

Layton

I think it's a pretty great school. It has its flaws but in general the staff try their best to make this the best experience for us. The classes are hands on and teach you about subjects that you actually want to learn about, and the professors are here to make sure you learn, it's not just their job, it's their pride and joy to educate us.

Ladaysha

Great school

Desiree'

My overall opinion of Johnson and Wales University-Charlotte is life changing. I may have only been at this school for a year but it has changed me as a person. I juggled between different schools that focused on Culinary Arts and this school won by a landslide. It may be expensive, but it is worth every single penny. I know that I am on the road to success because I go to JWU.

Johnson & Wales University was my first college of choice

Indya

i love this college

Tysin

I really enjoy receiving my education from this university, Attending this University helps us learn who we are what we believe in and what role we play in the world. this sense of self essentials is called personal growth that everyone that attends a college campus should gain. The more you learn the more you grow and know open the doors for new opportunities that lie before us.

Shakira

Johnson and Wales is an amazing school. The campus is very nice and the people are friendly and helpful. I would love to be accepted and enroll into te culinary program because cooking is my passion and i hop to one day own my own restaurant. When i saw the culinary program i immediately fell in love and i cannot wait to go here next year.

Youseline

My opinion in Johnson & Wales University is that is great private college because they offer a lot program that anyone who wish to attend can decide and make the best decision they want . They have the power to improve their business life . How the campus is highly protected and I would recommend this to anyone who like to take online or campus because taking online make you graduate fast and using time management to get all the work done on time. Overall is a great college for anyone to attend.

Jada

I think that Johnson & Wales has a good environment that draws people to. want to be apart of it. There academics are good, and the staff is very kind, helpful, and supportive. There is a lot here to explore and get into.

Christopher

Johnson & Wales University is a prestigious school and can help you be successful if you take advantage. A particularly small school with about 2000 students gives you the ability to interact more with professors and students. Located in the middle of Uptown Charlotte gives us the ability to meet new people and invite elite individuals who are more than successful to come to meet us. The school helps us networks and regularly motivate us to network with others, Overall, It's a good school it helps you learn and engage with professors and gives you opportunities no other University would.

Dasjiah

Overall I love Johnson and Wales. This university offers a lot in the classroom as well as outside the classroom. They always have opportunities for each and every student.

SARAH

I believe it's a great school;very welcoming and friendly. There is always someone there to help with anything academically and financially. The environment is clean and the people seem very kind. Also the restaurants are great uptown in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Candace

JWU provides their students with so many networking opportunities, from class speakers to after school networking events. I accepted an internship position from attending the career fair hosted on our college campus and have met dozens of successful industry leaders. The professors and staff do their very best at making sure all students succeed and even will personally go out of their way to ensure a students success. A tip for incoming students- Make friends with your professors! The class size allows you to do just that and they could change your future if you give them the chance.