Johnson & Wales University-Denver Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Johnson & Wales University-Denver

Brooke

I absolutely love Johnson & Wales University! The campus is the perfect size, and so are the classes. An advantage of having a smaller class is being able to have more one on one time with your professors. Having came from a tiny town and coming out of a high school with maybe a 100 people in it this was a decent transition from small class size to a little bit bigger class size.

Joljer

I love going there, it even is expensive but i would do anything to go there i love it, is all i ever wanted

Tylr

It's great if you like small campuses. There is always something to do if you stay involved. The professors are very helpful if you are having issues understanding the matierial and the President and Dean can be seen around campus, having lunch in our dining hall or grabbing a coffe from our cafe.

It is a great environment to learn in. I always feels safe and the instructors are amazing. The labs are very real-world based. I know I will be very prepared for life after graduation. The community is very close knit and it is guaranteed that everyone will find someone to be friends.

I have had a great experience at Johnson and Wales- Denver. The campus size is small and our professors love what they do. Many of them even work in the field for which they are teaching, this helps to give a different level of educational experience. The class sizes are small and the professors are always ready and willing to help!

ANGELICA

Johnson and Wales University-Denver is great. I am going there this fall starting in September and everyone there is making the transition from high school to college nearly seamless. Just this last Monday and Tuesday I went to the over night new student orientation and the Orientation Leaders made us feel right at home. They organized some seminars to give us a feel of the campus and of the safety and security policies, and also organized fun and interactive games to get to know us better. I had OL Nathan and he was an amazing person to meet. The other OL's were also very cool and fun to hang out with. There was Trinity, Yadi, Marcela, Meredith, along with assistance Jesus and Mario. If you guys go here it feel it is a great choice and I hope you have lots of fun.

Seth

Johnson & Wales is a tremendous academic university with a special focus on helping students attain sustainable careers after their studies conclude. From day one, there is an enfaces on the student’s future direction and success in the community. Faculty, staff and administrators share in this achievement and there is continual opportunity for academic involvement that truly help students find success. The university offers an intensive career development training that continues throughout a student’s time in college. Most programs are also designed so that students must achieve at least one successful internship program while completing their degree. This gives students the opportunity to test out the field they have chosen to study. This also helps create necessary relationships that aid in finding work once academics conclude. Johnson & Wales helps develop an appreciation for achieving a career and not just finding a job. They also help students continually throughout their lives. I have been out of school for seven years now and still turn to the school for career help and guidance. This is truly a unique college experience that cannot be matched.

Johnson and Wales University is a great fit if you are looking for a smaller school community. The academics aren't too challenging as long as you apply yourself and there is always help if you need it. Dorm life is okay but expensive I would also recommend planning on cooking a lot as the dining hall doesn't offer the best food ever. Overall the school is a nice small community with smaller class sizes and professors and fellow students who care.

James

I like it here, I just don't like the rude out of state people. Other than that its been pretty chill here and you'll always find a friend here. Although, you can never transfer from here because they do not transfer credits. It is extremely difficult.

Johnson and Wales University in Denver is a great campus. The education I am getting in here is great and the staff and faculty members are all really helpful and want to see you succeed. The only thing I don't care for about this campus is the students in my freshman class. They are not mature and like to start drama. Because of the students in my grade it makes me feel like I am in middle school and high school still. Other then that though I love this school and all it has to offer. I do wish there was a campus in California though so I could be closer to my loved ones and see them more because it does get lonely out here.

Courtney

120 Very Good 155 Average 116 Poor 13 Terrible 10 All Categories The Denver Campus is very beautiful and looks very prestige and traditional.The class sizes are typically pretty small, but they are very diverse, and for the most part the professors are pretty good at what they do. The food on campus is definitely not the the best tasting and is definitely not the healthiest either. The freshman facilities are not the best, there is no air conditioning in the dorms, the heaters often do not come on when it is freezing, but turn on when its reasonably warm, and my suite mates and I have had to take cold showers basically everyday for the last 6 months. There are programs to get involved with on campus but not a lot, and with the majority of the clubs you have to be a part of a specific major or select group in order to get in. Over all I feel like Johnson and Wales is very average in a lot of ways, and is not worth the $45,000 dollar investment that most of us can not afford.

Shacarra

The campus is beautiful and close to downtown Denver. We have access to online help and the chef/professors are willing to help if you ask. They have the best culinary program out there compare to other universities. Most of the students attending are culinary students, but their other programs are really good. You can study abroad or do your internship anywhere for the most part.

lisa

My overall opinion is that Johnson and Wales University is an amazing school and I am glad i choose this school to continue my education at this university. The campus is small but amazing, easy to get to class and very historic. You will never be bored on campus there is an activity every week.

Marisa

I really love the college, it is different than the college that I was at before I transferrd here. The professors are the most helpful people that I have met and the chefs are even better. They treat you like you are actually inside of a bakery, they make you work hard and they really try and help out whenever they can. I couldn't have picked a better college.

I am currently about to start my third year at JWU and feel that, academically, it outranks so many of the other colleges my peers attend. JWU gives you so much real work and hands on experience that as a student you feel confident to take on any tasks thrown your way. All of the professors strive to see you succeed and some go above and beyond to foster that. I am confident with my decision in attending JWU and would recommend the university to other people considering it as well.

Alyssa

I love my school . Our campus is very diverse and inclusive and you just don’t find that everywhere . Our campus is open and in the middle of an area that is surrounded by diversity as well . You get a little piece of everything at Johnson & Wales - Denver making us one big happy family .

Ryley

Johnson and Wales will always have a special place in my heart. Before my dad passed away he always told me how he wanted to further his education and come here for the culinary program. After he left, I felt it was only right to come to this school and complete our dream. I am now a second year here at Johnson and Wales about to finish my baking and pastry degree. This is my happy place and the school of me and my dads' dream.

Daniela

I love our small, tight-knit community. Making friend is so easy, and everyone is very welcoming and accepting of whoever you are. The staff, especially the security, is exceptional and is always looking out for the students. There are a variety of groups and organizations on campus to join . And the Denver scenery is absolutely beautiful.

Madeline

I think it's a great school. The teacher, for the most part, are friendly. They are helpful and offer insight. The food isn't the best but there is a lot of options. The freshman dorms aren't the best but they seem to improve as you progress through the years.

Keerah

It is a small, but great campus for learning. For those who like rustic looking colleges with a small class amount to learn better, it is perfect for them. Everything on campus is within close distance, making walking to classes each day easy. Colorado also utilizes the bus system, so each destination can easily be reached, drivers license or not.

Yaresly

I am proud to say choosing Johnson & Wales for my #1 college option was the best decision I could've done. This campus is very diverse, very easy to make friends. There is a lot of programs and activities to be involved in. There is always access to resources and the professors make sure there's time to have 1:1 with students which is great. My overall opinion about JWU is this is a great university to attend to and is definitely a university anyone will feel welcomed and safe.

Aryana

My opinion of the school is that it is really a medium sized private university. It was really quite when I visited and beautiful with all the snow with all the snow. Located at the base of the Rockies, JWU’s historic 26-acre Denver Campus is perfectly situated for big-city excitement and outdoor exploration. The class sizes are typically pretty small, but they are very diverse, and for the most part the professors are pretty good at what they do. The food on campus is definitely not the the best tasting and is definitely not the healthiest either.