Johnson & Wales University-North Miami Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Johnson & Wales University-North Miami

Michala

Johnson & Wales University is a great campus. I was very encouraged to go there by a professor during an college tour. The staff and faculty members are very nice and helpful. The campus itself is very diverse and I love it. I believe it’s great to have a diverse campus that way students, teachers, and staff can connect with each other from different places around the world.

Ronald

Arriving at Johnson & Wales- North Miami presented an opportunity to ascertain college life a superfluous amount of miles away from Maryland my home town. My initial opinion upon entering the campus was believing the students would be really amicable and create a healthy classroom environment. I also believed that the food would be really excellent considering I'm studying at in my opinion the best culinary school for me to attend. After the first day I couldn't be more correct, I made friends instantly; the social events that Johnson & Wales University offers creates opportunities for its students to not feel alone and actually enjoy their time at the university offering supervised parties, movie nights, comedy nights, and even a chance to showcase your talent for the other students. Game clubs and sports clubs are highly regarded to their students as a chance to find hidden talents and a chance to meet others with similar interests. The culinary classrooms were the foremost for me because the chef's were professional and even attempt to relate to their students in order to create a comfortable working and learning environment. The instructors even offer one on one lesson if you are not grasping certain concepts because they won't allow their students to fall behind. Their lunch program is excellent offering scrumptious cuisines every hour for their students similar to a buffet. If dinner doesn't satisfy you then no worries because JWU is surrounded by a large shopping center full of restaurant and a grocery store. The dorms are very spacious and offer their students to decorate how they seem comfortable; Johnson & Wales is now considered a second home for me.

Markesha

Jwu is definitely a close-knit school. Everyone here is extremely nice.I honestly love attending this school, the class sizes are small and more intimate than most schools and you really get to know your teachers and peers. The staff here are kind and always willing to help you never feel alone here at jwu miami.

delvondra

i loved JWU its a fun place to be while also learning you career. We have a small class size and no matter what you Professor or chefs would always be there for you. Jwu is near so many shops and stores, so you wont have to go so far. And we are always taking trips to disney or universal or just having activities around the campus.

Jesseca

I can honestly say that Johnson & Wales is a great school. JWU has taught and helped me grown to be the person I am today. When recommending the school, I tend to target my closest friends and relatives. And as I am still a current student at JWU, they never fail me. I am always learning something new each and everyday.

Anthony

JWU is a very diverse community of students and faculty. With a smaller campus, you can connect with people that are not part of your major. The professors have work experience within their field of teaching: while bringing an entertaining guest speaker from that area of study. The campus has multiple clubs and organization that you can join, or you make your organization. Also, has numerous opportunities to get involve in community service. The school is useful in helping students get internships in their major.

Camryn

For fashion and other majors I would not recommend this school. This school mostly focuses on culinary. The fashion program is disorganized and lacks opportunity to branch out in the industry. The business classes are great though! The professors know a lot! The campus is kind of boring, food is decent, housing is okay, and classes are decent too. Overall as much as you pay you could probably go elsewhere.

carlos

it has what it says. it does what it means. it puts what it offers. it is a exceptional school. this school helps, not the friendly-type but the real genuine true people where they WANT to help or else they wouldn't be called Johnson & Wales University for no reason.

Jasmine

When I received my acceptance letter for enrollment to this school I was more than thrilled. Visiting the campus during the summer had me so excited. But actually attending school in the fall seemed okay. Some of the excitement went away. Seeing that there aren't many tools and networking shops for my major was a bummer. The professors can be distant with the students at times too. Overall my experience has been okay.

Daniel

A visitor, it is an amazing campus with a whole lot of potential for all people and a wide variety of majors and people. Diversity is a big part of the campus, so if there is something you are looking forward to do while on campus, odds are n that you can find a group of people to do that thing with.

Akim

Great school to go to strictly for hospitality and culinary arts related majors. The school has other majors but they are not worth the money. Being that the school is know for its culinary arts program, they mostly focus on the improvement of that program most time.

Tavaris

It's a great school with a great staff but I would love the scholarship to afford it

My first year was a lot of fun. I would say I overall enjoyed my freshman year at JWU. The only complaint I would have would be about my financials. I barely received help and was only offered help was when I needed to turn in paperwork or payments at the beginning of this school year and now at the end..

Alvaro

Since I started in September 3 my experience here at Johnson & Wales has been going great so far. Classes are great, I’m learning a lot of things since I've been here. Overall the community is great so far, lots of events and activities happening on and off campus, plenty of clubs during the weekend.

Regina

The location is very nice. The food could be extremely better in so many ways. They would need to add more greek life such as AKA's,Delta's and more. Besides those things there Johnson and wales North Miami campus is awesome. Sometimes it'll be nice if they could interact with students more.

DeJana

The school itself is a small campus which has benefits including more intimate classroom sizes for students. I feel comfortable interacting within the class and the professors are always available after or before. The homework load is light but it provides enough knowledge to educate me. On campus I feel safe, security is always around the neighborhood the campus is in is safe. The dorms are very spacious and were clean when we moved in. I thought that since this was a culinary school, that the cafeteria food would've been a little bit more appetizing but it's not really all that. I do like their smoothie bar and cafe, though, that's a nice addition they have. Clubs and activities are minimal, I would've liked to be more involved on campus, but there aren't enough activities that spark my interest. Our school is D3 so we tend to lose most of our basketball games but for some reason, we always seem to celebrate. I don't mind though, I have fun regardless. This school is equip for people that aren't big fans of a large university and also for people who strive for a culinary degree. They have a limited number of majors and they don't offer minors. I picked this school because of their fashion program but I ended up picking business as my major. It is located in North Miami and coming from Chicago I enjoy exploring the city as well as the nice weather everyday. It motivates me to go to class.

Samuel

I love this campus and it improves my abilities to know how to run a restaurant out in the field. JWU is a very diverse campus with people from all over the world here so nobody is treated like a stranger. Students here are actually willing to help each other out and understand the problems and equations in class.

James

In my opinion, Johnson and Wales North Miami is a pretty ok school. The school is very big on its culinary and baking programs. The school is very good at networking. Campus life is pretty friendly Since the campus is so small the people are close-knit. Overall it is a pretty good school.

Anedriana

The North Miami campus of Johnson & Wales University is great for someone who prefers the small class environment. The university is placed in a very diversified community with tropical weather. I appreciate how resourceful and helpful the university is and how there are professors who are still in their industry, which helps give that "real world experience".

alexis

Johnson & wales is the best school in the world, they are a really hands on school, they help prepare you for the career that you are going for. There staff is amazing they really help you out in and out of class, and they actually form a bond with you they don't treat you like a numbered student.

Rhema

My overall opinion of Johnson and Wales is that it is a very good school. It definitely my type of school just because I don't really like a big school it is the perfect size for me. I also like it because its has the major that I'm interested in which is International business. The people are really nice and welcoming. I can't wait to start in the fall at Johnson and Wales.

Jason

Johnson and Wales University is a great college. The academics and the culinary program are top of the line. The housing could be a little better but hey, it’s college. The food can be excellent but it can also be subpar. Overall I enjoy the school and will continue my studies here.

Adrian

If you are a person who has a family and is attempting to get a college degree in either culinary or business then I believe that Johnson and wales would be a good school for you to look into. There isn't a lot of off or on campus things to do that are associated with the school. The sports teams aren't that exciting except for golf. Also the campus is very small so you usually know everyone around campus. All in all if you are student coming out of high school I wouldn't recommend it.

Mia

Johnson and Wales in North Miami is a good school. Living on campus has its benefits, such as the stores and mini shopping malls around the campus and the academic building isn't far. You can make a lot of friends here. The professors, faculty and staff here are really helpful and are there to help you learn only if you are willing to put in the effort.

Jamila

JWU North Campus has 1,500 students including representation of 43 states and 115 countries to create a diverse community. While the school provides instruction for a numerous degrees, its specialty is in Culinary. On a recent visit, my family and I met with several chefs that displayed skills, shared experiences, and provide intriguing topics of study. They were so enthused with their craft and excited for the next group of Fall students. The focus of this school is not only academic learning but also the work environment experience alternating between the two every eleven weeks.

Elexis

My overall opinion on Johnson and Wales is that it's a great school so far even though it's only my freshman year I'm enjoying it. The classes are very engaging and easy to learn and communicate with the professor's everyone there is friendly and the environment is great.

Brianna

Johnson & Wales University is a pretty but small campus. The classes are small, about 20-30 in one, but I like them that way because it allows the teachers and students to have that educational relationship. The school is also very diverse which is what I was looking for in the school I attended. This school is like my second home and I'm proud to attend it.

Keijen

I love Johnson and Wales University

Bill

I took more gust; but heard and seen it looks awesome. There I hope there will be professors or teachers that can help improve my skills; for the new world I will step in to. I will hope not alone to make new and meet old friends. But teachers or professors will be there when I need them. When I am out sick and miss a lesson. They stay and try help me ketch up, on what I miss.

Arianna

I LOVE IT!!!!!! I think there the school of my dreams. I can’t wait to go. I’ve already been buying all the living things I need. The campus is beautiful. The people who have gone are humble. The place is just full on amazing!!! I can’t wait to be part of the wildcats!

Quin

I think the school is amazing. the Downcity campus is lively, and serves as a beautiful backdrop for what is a great school. Johnson and Wales University is awesome. The campus was beautiful. The people seem very nice. I believe I can excel in this college. I have always wanted to study culinary arts and this will further my dream of that. I know I can achieve great things there.

Kamari

Its really great i would really recommend students to do that