Johnson & Wales University-Providence Top Questions

Jho

There are going to be a lot of personalities and egos that come with learning, thinking that they don't need to be trained nor listen to the Chef when they are giving directions, stay away from the note-it-alls.

Natassia

My classmates are, very friendly and helpful, and i have already made some lifelong friends.

Alicia

My classmates are always different. Just because I have one class with one person doesn't mean they are in all my classes. I am enrolled in different types of classes, major-related and general studies. Taking these classes allows me to see different groups of people and the ability to interact with them and learn from them.

James

My classmates are all after the same success so there are times where egos clash but overall it is fun to work with people from all walks of life.

My classmates are helpful to me when it is needed, and they have become close friend. They are friendly, energetic, and show a strong passion for their profession.

Mary

Each person I've worked with in the Culinary Program at Johnson & Wales has shown determination and passion for what they're learning, which creates a very rich learning experience at school.

Lianne

Most are not serious enough about their future. Only focused on the present rather than the big picture. The rest are motivated and strive to succeed.

Marie

Nice, but more often than not too loud and sometimes dirty.

Jonathon

My classmates, in general, were dedicated athletes, though JWU is not known for it's ahletics, and everyone seemed serious and passionate with regards to their field of study.

Matthew

My classmates were not very hard working, they were more interested in partying than studying.

Alissa

Classmates are all friendly with each other and easy to get along with

Joffrey

My classmates at Johnson & Wales University are elegant.

Christine

A lot of my classmates expect there to be no work when they come to college.

Kaitlin

Helpful and fun to be around and hang out with during and after classes.

Carla

My classmates at Johnson and Wales University are driven, focused, hard-working, mature , personably and extremely fun.

My classmates are always fun. In a Culinary setting there is always someone willing to help you when you need it. the reason we need that is because in our industry, without teamwork, your entire job would fall apart. we do a great deal of our work together, always helping, and or giving constructive criticism.

Brianna

My classmates are hard working and decicated towards making a career in Baking and Pastry Arts. They are helpful and cooparative most of the time. Some party too hard, but if you surround yourself with people who care about the classes, the school, and why they are at school then you learn so much more.

Carina

My classmates are the image of diversity: they come form 67 different countries, vairous different backgrounds, have varying amounts of expereince, and all have different dreams: but all have the opportunity to exceed at Johnson and Wales University.

sandra

as far as classes go i have a variety of classmates every trisemester. but overall i love the fact that there is is this wonderful sense of diversity and a variety of artistic talent and skill which is needed in our industry.

Matthew

My classmates are mainly younger than me, and in them I see a passion and a desire to prove themselves that comes so much easier when one just exits high school and enters "the real world".

Joel

My clasmates enrich my learning enviorment because they enjoy the same area of studies s me. Most of my classmates are helpful and allow me to better understand the subject. Along with them being helpful they also lighten the mood of the class with jokes and funny moments. Over all my classmates are helpful, fun, inquizitive, and diverse.

Sara

We clicked from the beginning, seem to understand that none of us are perfect at anything, and we are all willing to learn new things.

Corey

The student body is very diverse, all ethnicities, sexual orientations, genders, ages, there are a lot of international students as well, from asian countries, that don't speak english, but they're here to learn and the university is in a great position to teach.

Courtney

friendly..But not too friendly. Make you feel a little uncomfortable.

Robert

Hardworking, focused, and determined to succeed and reach their goals. School is suppose to be fun but it has to be taken seriously and focus on acheievng your goals and reaching the job that you want.

There is a wide variety of students at JWU, both intellectually and racially. Intellectually students are either intelligent and devoted to their studies or they goof off in class, frustrate classmates, and try their best to make themselves look like morons. The cultural experience here, however, is fantastic. I have classes with students from Sweden, Korea, China, Mexico, and many other nations. Overall while some of my classmates make me wonder how they got into college others are fun to be in class with and genuinely care about their education.

Anne

They are the greatest people I have ever met and my best friends for life.

Diavana

My classmates are enlightening and entertaining.

Creative artistic chefs.

N/A

Nathan

They are from all over the country with one goal of cooking and they have a tendancy to party.

Hillary

My classmates are all very passionate about what they do and are very ambitious.

Natasha

everyone does their own thing.

lakenyia

My classsmates are all friendly if you need some work that you may have miss they give you their notes.

Attentive

Laura

Very diverse, some are very motivated and competitive while others don't seem to care; there is normally a large grade between the over achiever and the slacker.

Kristen

My classmates are very accepting. They are willing to help if you need it or if you miss a day they will take notes for you. They do not riddicule or reject thoes who are different and strive to make all people feel welcom in and out of the classroom. They will not laugh if a wrong answer is given nor make snyde remarks. My classmates like to participate as well and will encourage others to particiopate

Friendly

Angela

My classmates are outgoing and engaging.

Thomas

Middle to upper income mix of black and white, obstensibly seeking employment in the foodservice/hospitality industry.

Julia

Mostly rich kids. Some snobby with expensive cars, cell phones and computers. Fraternitys and Sororitys think they are better than everyone else, mostly very rich kids. Almost all of the students smoke weed and everyone drinks even though it is a dry campus. Everyone gets along for the most part but culinary and downtown kids are usually seperate in Providence and Charlotte kids all smoke weed and get along

Creative and inspirational, hardworking team leaders.

DeAnn

Outgoing

John

lacking intelect and arrogant and are at Johnson & Wales for the wrong reasons.

Joan

My classmates are...unique in that while some of them are good students and hard partiers some of them are also not so good students and hard partiers and very few are good students who have a balanced social life.

Chayce

They are supportive and fun

Kawanza

BORING

Emilee

creative, focused and fun

Curtis

My classmates tent to eaither want to do well in school or they would prefer to sleep and then hit the bars later.

Ross

Each is unique whose contributions in class add positively to the overall college academic and social experience.