Johnson & Wales University-Providence Top Questions

Someone looking for a good education in a city environment. Someone who doesn't want that enclosed, "campus feel"

A person that should attend this school is someone who loves to learn in small teacher:student ratios, loves the outdoors, and doesn't mind doing community service work for others.

A person who should attend Johnson and Wales, is someone who is pationate and deticated about their future and who wants to succeed because the school offers many posibilities that open the doors for students and give them the hope they need to acheive their dream job goal.

Aniya

I think the best candidates for Johnson and Wales would be outgoing people because from the moment you get on campus grounds for orientation you have people in your face trying to get to know you and get you involved and I think a shy person might feel overwhelmed. Johnson and Wales is also a very lively school and it focuses a lot on the reality that most students face such as unprotected sex, STD's, homosexuality and binge drinking and certain people might become uncomfortable with these topics.

Someone who is interested in culinary arts especially; there is a whole section of campus dedicated to culinary arts majors. Classes/labs provide hands on learning.

Candace

The kind of people who need to attend this school are the misfits. If you have never had a place where you feel like your belong or you feel like there is something special about you but your are not quite sure what then you should come to Johnson and Wales, they will find a place where you can belong.

A student interested in large schools and a variety of culture within the university. Also someone who is looking for a career in culinary arts or business. Great school to start your career off but if you are not sure about your career yet you may want to think twice because it is a little expensive.

carl

people who are more into the fast party life

This school is really open to anyone from all backrounds and ethnisities. The only thing is that they really must want to learn because this school does not play aound. They are very serious about their students education and will do what they can to help.

You need to be a person that gets along with everyone. This is a very diverse community that we live in, which really prepares you for the real world. You need to be driven for success if you are to truely take advantage of all of the opportunities availble to you on campus.

Well if their intended major is here, someone who likes to be involved in actvities. There is something for everyone!

Diana

Someone attending this school should be independent, a hard worker, and be punctual. The classroom settings there are as serious as being in a real workplace environment and any inappropriate conduct is not tolerated.

Dedication, determination, and responsibility are traits needed to have to attend Johnson and Wales. It is a whole new ball game when attending college. Being determined and responsible are crucial because Johnson and Wales is a university that you need to keep track of certain things. Making sure papers were filed and payments were paid off are some examples. Your parents will not be there to do it for you. You have to take charge and get your tasks at hand done. If there is no dedication than there will be no drive to get anything done.

Valerie

Someone who knows what kind of career they want after theu graduate. Someone who is artistic, hard-working, likes a big school, able to network and get invovled easily.

Really any student could attend this school. They have a very wide variety of courses and classes for any kind of student.

Anyone can attend Johnson and Wales. Providence is a very diverse city full of fun and exciting things to do everyday. Johnson and Wales is the same way, plus with the variety of majors offered at the Providence campus you could be a culinary major and your roommate could be a fashion major. Johnson and Wales is a great place for any person no matter what their interests.

F

Business, Hospitality, and Culinary majors are the most prominent majors. Many of the culinary students end up staying after their two year degree to earn a Food and Beverage Degree. Most of the students are from the east coast yet there is a good mixture of cultures and diversities from all over the world within the student body.

Someone who is dedicated to classwork and friends. Many individuals meet their friends of the future here and gain the experience need to continue in their career.

The person coming to Johnson & Wales college should be self motivated, and willing to get out and experience fully all that the city of Providence has to offer.

Anyone that is goal orientated and is ready for a challenge

Someone who knows what they want to do and wants to start right away in classes for their major while skipping the basic irrelevant courses. This is a career college and provides everything you need to graduate with your ideal job.

Someone who really knows what they want out of their life would be the perfect candidate for JWU. Applicaants should be driven and willing to put in the hours necessary to maintain their grades. Those looking for a management position upon graduation would also be well suited for this University. Also, aspiring chef should see JWU as an excellent match as the culinary program here is superior.

Sherrise

Anyone should attend this school who has an interest in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Travel/Tourism, Sports , Entertainment, Event Planning, Technology, Fashion and Business among other majors this school provides. Anyone who wants to be well connected and have soome of the greatest networking skills known to mankind. Its a great school and it also is important what you make of it.

Fun people who want a REAL education (internships, professors with knowledge in the field). Students who like a diverse and fun city.

They should be open-minded, ready to make friends and work hard.

A person who is looking to learn a lot about a specific or non-specific field, who is willing to do a lot of work, and a person who is determined. This school has many social activites and a large diversity of people. If the person has these qualities and wants a good, well paying job after he/she graduates, then this is the perfect school!

Someone who enjoys cities and having fun, but career oriented.

Some one who knows what they want with their life. The need to know what job they want and were they want to go. To come here undecided is a waste of money.

Marletta

People who are extremely driven to work hard academically and professionally should attend this school. Someone who is willing to attend and participate in class, and who also takes their studies seriously. Also, the person should be willing to be involved in community service and who wants to be involved with campus activities, so that they can learn to work individually as well as being apart of a team environment.

Shirley

Fun loving people ready to take a positive step into their future. People who can handle having a extreme social and academic life. driven and focused people. Ready to learn something new everyday be it from teacher or fellow students and also people who dont mind severe weather, 6 hr labs daily, and people ready to make friends and have a rewarding fun college experience.

Johannette

I brag with my portfolio. J&W has given me great opportunities to build my portfolio and show off the skills I have learned. People love to look at the owrk that i have done and ask me all sorts of questions. It makes me proud to go to J&W. I get two great opportunities to do internship, externship, co-op, or studybuilt so that if you don't, well you have to leave, or like many freshman find out, this is a serious school and they have to really think about why they are there.

carolyn

driven, focused people. people looking for an easy option after HS should walk away. the school used to be focused and specialized, but the desire for more students and loose acceptance standards has caused an influx in kids who just want to drink their lives away.

Someone who needs help academically, and whom is not very strong academically. This school helps a lot to give you a second chance at earning a better education.

Jackie

Someone who is very passionate about food and being a chef. You have to be determined and crazy about food to really get everything possible out of your education here.

Any one can atternd this school, it's like any other school but they concentrate on culinary arts, so if you like to cook or would like to learn you should attend this school. Also they have a multiple of Business, Hospitality and technology majors.

Earl

The type of person who should attend this school is one who is career driven, focused, socially active and wealthy. All these things are what helps to make a good student. Yes of course you could have one without the other but it will just make things a little harder for that student.

someone who is very open and open to trying new things. its in the middle of a big city and its hard for someone who is shy to be used to something like that. lots of partying as well

Darnell

The Kind of people that should attend this school are career driven people, people that know what they want to do and where they want to be in life.