Johnson & Wales University-Providence Top Questions

The best thing about my school is probably the environment. The New England styled architecture and both campuses are comfortable to be around.

The best thing about Johnson & Wales is the career advice and assistance that you obtain or receive from staff members.

The curriculum given at Johnson & Wales is more hands-on than most other universities. This allows students to gain the knowledge and experience to advance in their industy before graduating.

Alexa

This school places a lot of emphasis on getting experience in the field and learning from individuals who have a lot of experience in the industry. being a Baking & Pastry major, a large portion of my classes are lab classes, in which I am in the kitchen with a class learning from a chef who has spent years in the industry. All of the chefs are friendly and insanely helpful if you reach out, which I love.

Banjery

The best thing about JWU is that it that the classes are recreations of the food industry. It doesn't feel like is a classroom it feels more like im working while getting a great education. Also another best thing about JWU is there resources of the field of study im choosing. The school has such a great network that I'm not nervous about not getting a job in my career after graduation.

I like that it is located right in the city because it is easy to access a lot of facilities and meet new people and experience new things

Small classes, easy.

Jamia

The best thing about my school is the nine day rotation; this helps students to get a feel of the quick thinking and learning that is needed in the culinary field. Also this helps for more information to be given and then the student can choose their concentration, after experience the other classes.

Candace

The best thing about Johnson and Wales is the friendly, diverse nature of out school community. We have people from all over and there is nothing in a classroom that can teach you how to deal with people of other cultures better then actually dealing with people of other cultures.

Jarrett

The best thing about Johnson & Wales (JWU)) is the people. When you go to school, you get to meet a wide variety of races & ethnicities. Meeting these people have giving me a perspective of a family-oriented campus.

Jonathon

Johnson and Wales has an excellent faculty. Every teacher I have had so far has an extensive history in their course and are able to provide real-life experience and advice for their students. They are generally passionate about what they are lecturing and don't assign pointless work. Classes don't have more than forty students, so the professors are well aware of who their students are and how they are doing in the class. best of all, most of the faculty are full-time and are easily reached for questions and appointments.

My school is one of the few schools in America that offers "Travel Tourism and Hospitality Management" as a major. This school also offers a ver good program in this field. I am very glad that I will have many opportunities for experience and success in the city of Providence.

The best thing about JWU is the beautiful campus. The culinary excellence building is beautiful, and everyone is so friendly. Theres always something to do whether its a program in the residense hall, or a movie in the Rec center. It is so much fun!

Amount of things to do on campus, and the free activities that the school holds.

Derrick

I think the best thing about Johnson and Wales is the diversity that they have there. Their many possibilities to travel toother countries to study and the internship programs. There access to where I live is also a great thing. If I did not have this university in my area I would not be able to attend as my mother and I could not afford to send me to another University.

The real life experience all of the instructors have. Each Chef Instructor has had real world experience in the industry and relate this to their students all day everyday. Since my major is so industry specific this is important and these words will reign true for years to come.

Tayla

The best thing about my school would have to be the teachers. I've gone through 5 different teachers so far and I've thought each one of them was amazing. They have a great way of teaching and working on things with the students here. Most of my friends from home already hate most of their teachers and i'm very thankful for the teachers I have.

Maura

Johnson & Wales is an easy school. The professores are understanding and give out easy work .

The experience of the Professors other than being just teachers. The majority of the Professors have actually worked in the industry and use their personal experience in their instruction. Learning from someone that has actually worked in the field you are interested in is far better and easier than learning from a book. It also allows you to understand the pros and cons of the field while adding to your list of networking contacts.

I've visited the campus and stayed for two weekends. I've gotten a small taste of wat life would be like there if i took classes there. And i love it. Johnson and Wales was the school for mel since the day i first visited Providence. And if i choose i can travel to any of their three other campus's. I'm excited to begin my career in Baking & Pastry Arts with Johnson & Wales.

The best thing about my school is the faculty. All the teachers have experience from working in the field that they now teach.

Johnson & Wales provides a quality education in a bustling city atmosphere, but with out the high crime rate, or public distractions of many bigger cities.

Jacquelyn

I really like the courses my school has. They are totally focused on your major. I also like the fact that they are hads on. I enjoy the environment of my school. I feel comfortable here.

Trinece

what I consinder best about my school is the classes that I am enrolled in and the people that i choose to be my friends in tis society, but most likey the best thing i consider about this school is my education and my determination in school.

I consider the labs to be the best part about the school because it's hands on experience in the kitchen, though it is not like a REAL kitchen, it is still giving the students a taste of what we will be doing.

sandra

the proffesors, the food and the fact that the teachers here are very dedeicated to what they're doing.

Tatiana

The best thing about my school would be the labs because the are fully equiped with things yoou will see and work with in a real kitchen.

N/A

The best thing about my school is being aurrounded by people from different parts of the world. Working in a kitchen with a person from Korea and a person who is from Boston are two very different expierences that I am grateful for. It gives me the oppurtunity to learn more then i would have if everyone was from one part of the world.

Teale

I really like the fact that the relationship between faculty and students is very close.

Eliana

There focus on your career, you'll never study anything unnecessary. They find you jobs and help with anything they can. The professors all want their students to LEARN and do well. The focus is knowledge.

Hillary

Everyone here is focused on similar goals and they are all willing to help if you need it.

Yun

The professors are very friendly and very informative. They are very well-known of our industry and they advise us very well.

MEGAN

THE LOCATION AND THE TEACHERS , THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND TO GO OUT IN THE WORLD TO BECAOME WHAT YOU WANT TO BE AND MINE IS THE BEST CHEF I CAN BE!

Shade

The diverse group of people that attended the school and meeting a lot of cool friendly people

I think that the percentage of getting a job attracts many students. For example, If you are a technology student then you have a 100 percent chance of getting a job when ytou graduate. This is one of the main things that drew me towards Johnson and Wales University.

Marletta

I think the best thing about Johnson & Wales is that there are so many great professors who actually care about their students and their education. The professors here also really care about the students futures, whether it is teaching them how to create their own resume or providing them with information for their careers, or even in the real world.

My co-op and my roomates

Shanika

The best thing about my school is the education and learning experience that I am gaining. I major in Culinary Arts so most of my classes are labs in which we do extensive hands on learning on our own and with groups. And the best learning experience I gain in my labs are how they are set up to run like actual restaurants, so we practice everything we would actually do in a real working environment.

The best thing about my school is the learning experience when I'm in the classroom .

Jon

The best thing is def the having fridays off and the great work load that really is not that much.

carolyn

the reputation the name has in the industry and the teachers.

I think that best thing about JWU is that they are extremely career oriented. There are classes where you can get hands on experience and they teach how to get into that career.

The best thing about JWU is the faculty/student relationship. The students here are very artistic and free spirited, and the faculty supports the students in their creativity and curiosity to try new things. For instance, in the College of Culinary Arts, students have the opportunity to try new menus, concepts, and dishes to express thier culinary creativity. The faculty goes above and beyond to harness our willingness to learn.

Jackie

The hands-on experience you get from classes. As a student, you are doing exactly what you will be doing in the field, but in a more comfortable enviroment.

The friendly, upbeat atmosphere.

Dan

I think the best thing about my school is that it puts your future in your hands. All of the proper connections are made by the school but its the students responsibility to make and keep the connection.

Extremely career focused

Spencer

This school is good for those who intend to pursue a career in culinary.

tom

the 2 year degres it offers