Johnson County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Johnson County Community College

Reece

I think Johnson County Community College is a great school, I think it is a great place for students that aren't sure what they want to do but they want to start their college career. I have enjoyed all of my classes and have the best professors. The professors really care about their students and their success.

Vanessa

I really love it here. I really wish it was a 4 year University because i would stay until the end. However, students hardly interact outside the classroom and it is hard to make friends. this should be made easier

sophi

Excellent School! If I had the option to go back and chose a different school; I wouldn't change a thing! The professors are incredible and it's oveas that they are there becases they love thier job. And to top it off, JCCC is one of the most environmentally active schools in the nation! More School should be like JCCC

kimberly

I could have chosen a couple other community colleges to go to but I'm glad I chose this one. It has great professors, people and a beautiful welcoming campus. They have the best councelors to help you figure out anything you need help with. Never have a had a negative thing to say about them.

Jacqui

Johnson County Community College is unique because it fosters a sense of comfort and connection while still providing a top-notch education. It is also extremely cost-effective. The staff goes out of their way to ensure that all materials are affordable for students. Small class sizes promote quality learning environments. If you ever have a question, staff members are easy to get ahold of and are always happy to help. Everyone at JCCC truly wants you to succeed. I love being a cavalier!

Erin

It's nice school. It's a cheaper way to receive all the credits you need, which is awesome. The campus is nice because it's easy to find your way around there. They have a decent food court with Chick Fil Ah. However, I take a good chunk of classes online, so I can't say much more about the school. I have been there a few times for some tests and show, which has always been a good experience.

I am a non-traditional student, so I am not on campus as much as a typical student. I am usually only there for classes, labs, or study sessions. Overall, I absolutely love the campus! It's is updated and new. I feel safe no matter what time of the day I am there. So far, the professors I've had are all very nice and accessible. They do care about their students and do whatever they can in their power to help them.

Alex

I really like it. Small classes and cheap. Affordable for general education classes. People are pretty friendly and the school hires teachers that have a lot of experience and are knowledgeable. The teachers are also pretty available. Nice campus with nice features, easy to find your way around.

Margaux

Johnson County Community College is a great school to go to in order to save money and get your general education classes out of the way. I have been at JCCC for about a month and although I don't love the social aspect of the school, I am excelling in my academics. The teachers so far have been amazing. The food court and cafeteria also rock! A piece of advice would be to take classes with any friends that are also going to JCCC because the environment is much different than high school. And always remember, JCCC is the starting point, it always reminds me that there is so much good to come! Go Cavs!

Abigail

I have found this college to be an amazing experience. Everyone is very friendly throughout the campus. The professors are highly knowledgeable and are ready to help. The buildings are in amazing condition and provide a safe and interactive learning environment. I would refer anyone to attend this school.

Justin

No campus housing, that is ok. Many options nearby. Professor don’t waste their time with those that are wasting time, they will only work with those who strive for their(student’s) goal. The overall campus is beautiful, a lot to see and explore as a student or visitor. We have a beautiful art museum, beautiful grounds and currently an arts center is being built, can’t wait.

Brenan

JCCC is a great way to go to college on a fixed budget. The professors are great. I feel the quality of class is probably just as good as a regular 4 year university. My class sizes are never over 25 students and professors are always willing to help a student out. I would recommend going to JCCC if you are unsure about which major you want to choose or if you are still testing the waters with college. It has been an enjoyable experience for me and I am excited to say I am a Cavalier.

Jacqueline

Johnson County Community College is a great school, I would be so lost if i didn't get the opportunity to attend the college. Often times students are lost and not sure where to start after graduating high school. JCCC is very friendly and informative and lead you in the right direction!

Vanessa

JCCC is all around amazing. Professors aim to be as helpful and reasonable as possible, and the advising staff always seems ready to drop whatever it is they're doing to help students who need them. Campus is beautiful, and the on-site Nerman Museum of Art has installations scattered throughout every building. The atmosphere is relaxed, even with 30,000 enrolled students.

I transferred here at semester and love it! All my professors are very helpful, and I haven't met a person that says otherwise.

Oscar

Great College with great faculty who are always trying to get the best out of there students. The building them self's are modern with that new building smell that welcomes you in as soon you enter those doors. Most buildings are connected through the second floor which make it great for students to get around during colder weather and extreme heats.

Grace

Johnson County Community College should be one of the top ranked colleges in the nation. For the price, it offers incredible learning opportunities, the faculty I have had care, and class sizes are small. There are a lot of different groups and clubs active on campus, and many chances to get involved. I wish it was a four-year school because I would stay and get my bachelor's degree in a heartbeat.

Robert

In my personal opinion, JCCC or Johnson County Community College is a pretty lovely college but I personally wouldn't call this the piece de resistance. You come to class every day, do your work, and go home. Although, I am a participant in the clubs here and I have made plenty of friends here. I would highly recommend this college because it is cheap, safe, and a very positive school overall.

Kaitlin

My overall opinion of Johnson County Community College would be that there a lot of positives and negatives about this college. I feel like it is kind of awkward when there is a person in my class that is over 40 years old. The parking is terrible as well. One positive thing is that help is everywhere and help is always available to the students.

This is a good for a beginner for their first experience in college. Community colleges are usually a better route to go since they are cheaper and are usually in the neighborhood. The parking space is usually crowded and varies from time to time. Acquiring the questions you want answered are usually in their end of the mark. Overall, it is a pleasant area and a very well managed facility.

Blake

I will be attending Johnson Community College in February 2017. I graduated high school in May of 2016 and this will be the first time that I have been away from home and out of the state of Arkansas. I would greatly appreciate the chance to receive the $1000 scholarship to further my education and help provide additional support for my family. Thank you for the opportunity. Thank you, Andrew Jaco

Ethan

I attended Johnson County Community College my senior year of high school in 2016-2017. As I had already finished my high school coursework, I went to JCCC to get a head start on my college career. I only have positive things to say about JCCC. My professors were always knowledgeable and available, the other students were nice and caring, and the campus itself was stunning. During the fall and spring times, there were always people out in the courtyard playing volleyball and having a great time. I am glad I was able to attend JCCC because it gave me an opportunity to get a head start on my classes and it also allowed me to adjust to the college lifestyle and time management that goes along with that.

Hanan

I really think even though they're a community college, they have a lot of potential to help students strive in their future. Its a great and positive environment to be around. I enjoy the clubs they have in store for students and their professors are very helpful.

I love this school. I am only able to take online classes because of my work and both the majors that I want to complete are offered online. There are only 2 classes that I have to take on campus because they require a lab. So I love that about it. The prices are great and affordable. Thanks so much Johnson County!!

Johnson County Community College is a wonderful institute for high school students who are unsure of their next move, or even want to take a few general education courses with fantastic teachers. JCCC is also home to returning students that want to continue their education. Regardless of your age, the professors teach really sharp students.

haley

As a student of Johnson County Community College, I highly recommend JCCC. Since I have became a student of JCCC as of Fall 2016, I have not only been overly satisfied with the community college but, I am more than honored to be a cavalier! The atmosphere of the college is calm, fun, yet exciting. It is filled with amazing faculty, who are always challenging and aiding their students to the best that they can! Johnson County Community College ensures the safety of its students and always encourages students to challenge themselves with their studies and extra curricular activities. JCCC not only aids in the student's basic necessities, but, always ensures to encourage and aid the students of the college to apply themselves to their studies to the best of their abilities! Johnson County Community College is the place to be! It is an honor and an exciting time to be a Cavalier!

Calon

Though it is a community college, the rigor required to excel as well as faculty support is phenomenal. From the top-notch facilities, extensive secondary learning and certification classrooms, and even to the on-campus acclaimed contemporary art gallery, Johnson County Community College is your next step to becoming what you have always wanted to be.

Saner

Johnson County Community College is an amazing school! The reason for that is because it is a huge campus with the potential of being a University. It differs from other great Universities because the students are loving and friendly, the staff is caring of the individuals academic progress, but most of all they want to help in personal life as well. The financial aid staff makes sure the students are well taking care of and go out of their way to make sure the student receives education regardless of their income. JCCC is a school filled with love, care, knowledge and attention that most college students want! Especially, coming in as a freshmen!

Lucas

Great community college to start at. Small class sizes with teachers who are helpful. Plenty of parking. Students range from high school age to older people. Most of the students are under 21. The teachers are usually there to help and the small class size makes it easy to get to know them.

Addison

It is a great school. It’s smaller than a university which is ok for me. I like how the class sizes are small so you can have one on one conversations with the professors. You can always find help if you need it. The classes are only hard if you make them hard! Go to class, study and you will be fine! I love it here so far.

Madison

Overall, I would have to say my opinion of Johnson County Community College is worth going for an Associate’s Degree or even just getting general education courses out of the way. If you’re from Johnson County, you should consider starting school at this Community College. I know it’s not always the most appealing thing if you’re just ready to go out to a four-year university, but this option was good for saving money and staying focused on school for the future.

Sandra

Johnson County Community College is honestly a great school! There are a variety of things that you can get involved with, like clubs and programs as well. The options seem never-ending. There are so many resources that are beyond helpful & the staff is also really friendly. This is a school I would definitely recommend!

Antonio

My overall opinion of Johnson County Community College is ten out ten. I was fortunate to attend two field trips to Johnson County Community College in my junior and senior year. I enjoyed it , wish I can attend it next year with this scholarship which will make a huge difference.

Noah

I find that Johnson County Community College is an excellent community college with a high acceptance rate and extremely low costs. The professors all care about their students, and they have a passion for their fields that is unmatched in nearby universities. If you wish to get your associates degree before university and live in Kansas, JCCC is the way to go!

Malachi

The atmosphere is very relaxed and welcoming. Class sizes are small and most of the time the teachers know you by name. The facilities are modern and updated regularly. The technology is also very modern (i7 cores for computers.) All in all a good pick for a great price ($99 or so per credit hour)

Tarkiss

Johnson county community college is a great college in Kansas city. They have a great teacher, and tuition fees are reasonable. If anyone plan to go to 4 years college they can do prerequisites here which is cheaper than to university .

Taylen

Johnson County Community College is a great place to receive an affordable education; however, it doesn't offer the traditional college experience. The students and staff are all very nice from whom I've met and the campus is beautiful! I also love the small class sizes that allow face-to-face conversations between staff and students. Overall, I think Johnson County Community College is a great place for anyone to attend!

Molly

Johnson County Community College has been an excellent place to go to school. There is an unfortunate stigma surrounding many community colleges, saying that they are for those who are not good enough to attend a university. However, the education and the environment in and around the campus are exceptional. I feel comfortable and safe at school, the classroom setting is great for learning, and the professors are always there to help. It is a community unlike no other and I am grateful I decided to attend this college.

diana

I love attending this school. I am attending this school through a duel enrollment program going back and forth between my high school and the college. The administration there is so helpful and kind and the teacher I've had so far has been one of the best teachers I have ever had! Going to this school instead of taking a lot of Advanced Placement courses at my high school was the best decision I have ever made!

Abraham

I think it is a great community college. While some community colleges only do the bare minimum, Johnson County Community College strives to help its students reach their full potential. The professors I have encountered are genuine and approachable, and the community college takes student safety and sense of security very seriously.

Maria

I really wish that Johnson County Community College was a four year school. The majority of the classes I take are honors class, and they are spectacular. The class sizes are very small, which allows students to develop relationships with their fellow classmates as well as teachers. The honors program staff is very invested in their students' futures and are helpful.

Kalyn

Johnson county community college is a great place to start your academic career while you figure out what you want to major in. It is also very helpful and amazing for community affairs, there are classes such as Spanish for work environments. Its an amazing place to go if you're searching for a degree or just want to take a class for fun or for something in particular.

You do not live on campus so sometimes it is difficult to get involved or get to know people. Academically it is amazing, I have had amazing teachers. I did very well at JCCC. I went out of my way to make friends, but am not involved in many campus events. JCCC is very safe, clean, and comfortable. I am very blessed to be able to save lots of money by attending JCCC.