Johnson, VT
Johnson State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johnson State College

Summer

It's a great school with a great variety. I love the atmosphere. Everyone helps each other out. Teachers are always there to help out. Couldn't ask for a better school. There's so many sports and clubs to join. There's plenty of great classes and student life is enjoyable.

Rio

Cool school with a great view. Beautiful mountains surrounding the school. Professors are great and facilities to study and finish work are also great. However, students can become very bored due to lack of campus activities. More students needs to be involved with sports, whether that is playing or just simply coming to support.

Rebekka

The best thing about Johnson State College is the campus is small and the community is super friendly. I don't have to drive across campus for one class. I can walk there within 2-10 minutes from my dorm room or from a different class. The classes are small enough and teachers work with you to help you succeed in your classes and the after school tutoring also works with you and your schedule. The dorm rooms are of a decent size and have more than enough space for all of your items. I do wish that we could cover more than 30 percent of the walls with decor. The food is always switching up and they provide many different options. I do wish that they had sugar cookies all the time!

Michaela

Absolutely amazing. Couldn't pick a better place to be. The aura of the entire campus is amazing. Professors truly care about each student on an academic and human level. The resources to be successful are everywhere as long as you want it. Genuinely couldn't find a better place.

Lucas

After completing nearly three years of college and spending countless hours in classrooms and online, I can say that my education has been the single most valuable part of my life. Not only have I learned precious information from brilliant professors, but I have also been fortunate enough to be surrounded by an incredibly diverse group of intelligent minds whose thirst for knowledge has, at the very least, equaled my own. My interactions with others during such formative years has led me down pathways that I never could have predicted for myself, primarily because I did not know most of them existed! The veritable melting pot that has been my education has taught me so much more than what was spoken in classrooms or read in textbooks. I have learned countless life skills as a result of interacting with and growing alongside such brilliant individuals. Additionally, my connections with people in the wider community through internships and volunteer commitments have led me to discover and to cultivate parts of myself that I did not know about previously. My education has proven to be priceless thus far, and I expect that it will continue to return dividends until at least the end of my days.

I currently study Wellness and Alternative Medicine here at Johnson and couldn't be happier! The program is set up to allow students to pursue a career/go on to further education in Naturopathy but there are many other options within the major as well. Johnson is a very close knit community full of very open minded, supportive individuals that will help you in whatever way they can. The campus is absolutely beautiful and is definitely more geared towards the outdoorsy type, although there is a wide range of people and backgrounds that have found their way to JSC. It was the only school I visited and applied to and I couldn't have picked a better choice!

Erin

Johnson State is a small school with a beautiful campus that offers many degree programs and encourages their students to do their best in all aspects.

Johnson State is a very tight knit community with people from all over the country and everyone truely cares about eachother. The staff want to help the students in any way possible to reach their goals and be the best they can.

If I could go back to my senior year when I was looking at colleges I would do things completely different. I chose to attend a small school that is five minutes away from my parents’ house because I was too scared to go away to school. I regret this decision that I made because I am commuting to school and it doesn’t feel any different from high school. Everyone at school is talking about how amazing college is and how much they love it and I wish I felt the same. Because I am a commuter I have had a hard time making friends and fitting in on campus, and if I had decided to go away to a different school I think that I would have had more fun. I would tell my senior in high school self that I should apply to schools out of state and make that jump on my own. It would have been extremely hard to leave my family because we are so close but I could’ve and should have done it.

Johnson State College is a place where everyone accepts and respects people for who they truly are.

Johnson State College is a unique college. Everyone on campus has a personality of their own and aren't labeled. I like this about JSC because there is a lot of emphasis on judging and labeling in our society, but at JSC we work hard to move away from those norms. The students and faculty at JSC are content and enthusiactic when it comes to learning about what they are interested in. JSC gave me a new look at what college is truly all about; I don't think any other college would have been able to give me this.

There are many significant words to be shared with students who are transitioning into college. As a graduating student I would have loved the opportunity to have someone like who I am today, to tell me what the most important aspects of this transition would be. Over the last two years I have focused much of my energy on getting to know myself, and on how to live a healthy life. Growing up in poverty, I became used to the fact that change happens; especially after attending fourteen schools. As I moved into my freshman year of college, I had the idea that it was going to be easy. I worked very hard to get to college and to continue my education, so hard that I thought when arrived it would be just the same as any other time that I had to change to a new school. I believed that the transition was going to be easier on me than any other typical person. However, I was wrong. Confidence is only good when it is true and realistic. It would have been nice going through this life changing event knowing that it was going to be difficult.

Brigitte

I think It's funny because during my senior year in high school I was afraid of attending college because a lot of people told me that is was hard and even the applying for college and getting in part was to much. I was scared all the way until I decided form high school and left for college and saw it for my self. Looking back from know I would tell my self that applying for college and writing the essays was pretty easy and being on campus and experience the college life seemed pretty good and most faculty in college are helpful they help with everything anyone might need. I was proud of my self and I was even happier that I had gotten accepted. I would of told my self to take it easy and everything would be all set.

I'v known everything about my college sence the day I picked it.

Were I attend College there is not much to do, and it's in the middle of no where.

Daniel

I have come to understand the flaws and limitations of our society and how it c an be improved for the better. I understand myself and my own disability much better and have come to accept myself and my limitation while as the same time striving to advance myself in my education and career prospects as far as possible.

Johnson State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.