Knoxville, TN
Johnson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johnson University

Adam

Students at Johnson Bible College are friendly, outgoing, eccentric, eclectic, and Christian.

I suggest finding a college that fits your personality and educational needs. Find a college that has available the activities you enjoy participating in. Don't let anyone make your decisions for you, but think for yourself. The right college for you might be different than the right college for your parents or siblings. Find a college that is academically challenging, but also give you the opportunity to socialize and live in community. College community life is a very important aspect of the college experience. It is in college where you make your lifelong friendships, so find a college where you will be able to participate freely and express yourself in the college community.

Bethany

Producing great minstry minded people to serve the Lord where that may be.

Producing great minstry minded people to serve the Lord where that may be.

I think that finding the right college is up to the student attending. When the prospective student is looking I think that they should look into things at the school that would accomidate their interests and social life as well as their academic needs. I think that a student should really think about how a schools atmosphere makes them feel. If they want to feel apart of a community or blend in and not be noticed then that needs to be considered. It is all a matter of preference and that is what needs to be evaluated but the prospective student. I think that the parents should give opinions but ultimately let the student chose the right place other wise the student will end up unhappy in the long run. The parents need to consider that there are difference between when the parent attend and when the new student will arrive. Things change and so do their kids. Parents can't expect for their children to be the way they once where.

I feel like the school did a good job of letting students know what the college is about before even attending so if a student is surprised then it is because they didn't listen or read information that was available to them.

Erin

My classmates are interactive, fun, helpful and plan nice!

My classmates are interactive, fun, helpful and plan nice!

Make sure to visit the school sit in on some classes. I didn't even consider Johnson until I came to the school. So keep your options open and make sure it offers what you want as far as career, teachers, finacial assistance and classmates go; all of these things are very important!

I wish I would have known that the teacher ed. program made changes to the program frequently.

Brent

My classmates desire to change the world.

My classmates desire to change the world.

Johnson Bible College focuses its instruction heavily on career-related teaching. If you want to go into ministry, no place better than JBC exists.

Realize that no dream is determined by one choice. Students often worry that choosing the right college wil determine their futures. The student chooses his future; his college choice merely paves a path to reach it. The best college for you is the one that will best prepare you for what you hope to do and become. The second best, third best, or even tenth best college for you may just as easily direct you toward your dream. Do not worry that this one decision will determine your future success or failure. You are constantly on the journey toward your future. What matters more than your college choice is your decision to actively pursue your dreams day after day. If you do so, you will reach your dreams regardless of what college you choose.

Visit the school during a regular term that is going on so you can see and visit with the students. Check with Financial Aide your a senior in high school.

Alicia

Our former president (Dr. Eubanks), who retired in 2007, held the longest term for any college president. He is also a wonderful man who did so much for the school. Johnson is really best known for him because he truly was the deifnition of a Christian.

The best way to make the right college decisions is to make a list of pros and cons. It is not which list is longer but which list holds the most weight which will help to determine what school is best. For example, I am a very picky eater and did not have a car my first year. Therefore, a school that offered different meal options on campus would be weighted heavier than one that did not have a good meal plan but various restaraunts nearby.

Everyone was very frindly without being fake. My school was 7.5 hours away from my home and I went only knowing 2 people so it was easy to fit in and make friends fast.

The most unique thing about Johnson is the environment here. I transfered from a public university and it's almost as if when I stepped on campus the birds were singing, the sun was shining, and everyone was smiling. People enjoy being here and you can see it in the way they carry themselves.

My best advice in choosing a college would be to not listen simply to what the school tells you they offer and how it is run. Rather, ask the students themselves how much they enjoy their experience at the college, what they like and dislike, and what extra-cirricular activities are offered there. And don't ask the students there are orientation day who are instructed to build up the school and say only positive things, but ask students who don't have to hold anything back. Another great idea is just to sit in on a class and experience it for yourself. You can tell a lot about a school and it's atmosphere by sitting in on a class or two!

The most frustrating thing about JBC is if you transfer in or out of johnson your credits likely will not transfer to another school (unless you went to another Christian college) and if you transfer in, even your general education classes likely will not transfer as credit at Johnson. I know because I've been there, and I've been playing catch up since I got to the school and will still graduate a semester late.

Bethany

Christian atmosphere with friendly professores who are always willing to help you.

Visit the college the student plans on attending. Stay in the dorms so they can get the feel of the college community.

Someone who wants to grow in their faith with Christ and knows that God is leading them to help grow His kingdom here on earth.

Mason

To students I would say: Go away for college. To parents I would say: Let them go. They need it. Whether or not they are ready isn't the point. You grow up pretty quickly when you don't have on your own with no one to bail you out. As far as the right college goes, today the main thing that matters is that you actually have a degree. I would also say that it is important to get involved in campus life and activities. Peopole who don't get involved don't enjoy college life.

The community here at Johnson is my favorite part. I also like that the professors live on campus. That's dedication.

I wish that I would have known people that went to this school or came with people I knew. I knew nobody coming in. I survived and am enjoying it though.

Johnson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.