Johnson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Johnson University

Brian

JU is a place to activate your ministry and what God is calling you to do.

Alexander

Johnson University is a small school. However, what it lacks in size, it makes up for in character. The students are a variegated mixture of people from all across the world, with students coming from Pakistan, Kenya, and Myanmar as a start. The people are phenomenal. Everyone is friendly, and it is a fantastic environment to be a part of. While it is a religious college by nature, Johnson University excels Academically as well. Johnson boasts one of the top rated education programs in the state of Tennessee, and its alumni are known for their work ethic and passion. However, in spite of this quality education, and it being a private university, the school is incredibly affordable. It was rated as one of the most affordable colleges in the United States in multiple reviews. It is cheap, quality education from a phenomenal institution. Johnson University has been able to keep the education so cheap because of the generosity of the alumni. The alumni of the institution believe in it strongly, and therefore, pour money back into the school to keep it thriving financially. This again speaks to the quality of the school. And finally, the school is very accepting. While Johnson University is a religious institution, it is not discriminatory against people. The students are taught to love and care for everyone, regardless of whether we agree with what they believe or not. There is not a dogma against certain kinds of people: We are just told to love. The professors have even gone as far as having people from the Middle East come and live with them, just so that they can love them and pour into their lives. Johnson University is a wonderful institution. The quality of the students and professors is unparalleled, and the quality of education is just as high. It is an incredible school, and I love being able to attend.

Nathan

Johnson is a Christian university and is near Knoxville, TN and plenty of beautiful outdoor activities. The instructors are very engaging and everyone is friendly and helpful. The education level is right up there with many of the bigger universities. I have attended several universities and I feel that this one is like coming home. As a doctorate student, I needed to be very careful about choosing a good university and this one has not disappointed.

Bethany

I would not want attend college anywhere else. Johnson is not just a college, but a community and a family. I would recommend Johnson University to anyone interested in attending a Christian college. The professors are great and they are always available to help their students. On top of that I believe that our campus is one of the most beautiful and it is surrounded by the beautiful mountains!

Keegan

I love it here. If you want a small campus with a great community, Johnson is the place for you. The professors are great. There are multiple varsity sports teams as well as intramural sports. We are close to the city of Knoxville so there is a lot to do. We are also very close to Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains.

Brennan

I fell in love with Johnson University the minute I walked on campus. The scenery is amazing with a gazebo on the lake and the sunsets that make you actually say ah, out loud. The campus itself is located off the beaten path of the every day life of Knoxville Tennessee, but is an easy journey up the street to be in town. The administration, students and professors were all very kind and considerate and are generally out to make sure you are happy and healthy. I have always wanted to be a name at a university and not a number and I believe I have found that here at Johnson.

Samuel

Johnson University is a very nice university. Being a Christian institute, I have been able to pursue my career in a welcoming environment. The small campus size brings a home like feeling to the students on campus and allow for everyone to know each other. The students are typically very friendly and helpful. All professors live on or near campus and so are readily available.

Andrew

It was amazing! I just got accepted, looking forward to attending in the fall!

Anna

Johnson University is a private Christian University with two campuses: one in Tennessee and the other in Florida. There are also opportunities to take classes online. Attending this university means you will gain a Major in Bible along with the other major you choose. They provide a good selection of majors ranging from communications to counseling to preaching. Remember, if you choose Johnson, it is a Christian University.

Abbey

When I went to visit Johnson University I felt very save and accepted even just as a visitor. I am very excited to start my future at Johnson knowing I can focus on starting my career and the college life. The dorms are also very nice and make me feel at home even though I am 7 hours from home.

Steven

Johnson is a great place to live and learn. I have a family and we live in the duplex housing. We love living on campus and enjoy the events and getting to know other students and families on campus. The professors are always available if we need them and there is an academic support for when students need a little extra help. Johnson University is a great place to get an education.

Johnson is a community of wonderful, smart individuals who care about one another. The campus is well kept, and beautiful. There is a pond with a water fountain where my children like to feed the ducks that call it home. The students are often seen between class talking and laughing with their friends. I also like that there is no drugs or alcohol allowed on campus. It is refreshing to go to a school that supports sobriety.

madison

Honestly, i really liked Johnson. It's a great fit for any and everybody. You could walk straight in and feel like you've been going there for years. Everyone is so friendly and spontaneous. Everyone there makes sure you are helped or if there is anything you need they would be more than happy to help you, great school!

A great school the Professors are always available to get lunch. the people there are very welcoming. The campus size is small if that is your thing then you will love it. Sports at Johnson are limited to basketball, soccer, and volleyball. However, there are constantly pick up games of other recreational sports. This environment may not be perfect for everyone, but it is definitely perfect for me.