Johnston Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Johnston Community College

morgan

Good campus, nice overall staff. Good library. *Terrible vending machines *BAD communication when it comes to letting students know if they're classes are wrong or financial issues *NEVER calls back from voicemail *SHOULD REALLY BRING BACK THE ART PROGRAM- HUGE MISTAKE

Caitlyn

The school is great! Our Campus is very clean and classes are easy to find! The Professors are very helpful and available for questions at any time. I feel I am receiving a great learning experience here that will better me in the future. Our counselors are knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to transferring to another college to continue our education in the future.

Ashlyn

My overall opinion of Johnston Community College is that the faculty and staffs are really nice, everyone on campus is friendly. The campus is a nice size campus. The classroom size is a plus. I enjoy having a campus that's close to my house. Transportation is also a plus.

Leah

It is not a large university. It does not have the national basketball statistics of other colleges. It does not have the most advanced technology, the most learned scholars, or the most current textbook system. However, Johnston Community College has one trait that many large universities do not necessarily have: proficiency. I first began classes at JCC as a Career and College Promise (CCP) student, which meant that I was able to earn college credit in high school. This helped me to maintain a good GPA and to finish a large portion of the general education classes that I would need to take at a four-year university. Now, as a high school graduate transitioning to adulthood, Johnston Community College is continuing to help me achieve my short-term goal of finishing my general education classes, so that I can transfer to a four-year university to pursue a career in social work. Not only is Johnston Community College proficient where academia is concerned, it is also reliable in its personal services. I know that if I walk across JCC's small campus in the dark, the security will carry out their duty to protect me. I know that if I am struggling with my classes, the Language Lab and tutoring center will labor alongside me and help me to the best of their ability. I know that if I have a question regarding my transcript, GPA, financial aid, or outside services, the registrar and admissions offices will try their hardest to get me whatever information I seek. Johnston Community College has provided me with more learning opportunities and experience than I would have ever received elsewhere. I have made several lasting friendships and many business-associated connections that I would not have had without the amicable atmosphere. I would recommend Johnston Community College for any student who is trying to save money and determine their career interests without wasting time and effort. I would recommend Johnston Community College to those seeking a school that is proficient in opening doors to possibility.

dimistque

Average little community college. Infested with scary geese. There's lots of room for improvements with the online classes. Classes and professors are satisfactory, but there isn't a whole lot of choice of classes. Particular 200 level classes are sparsely found, or not held at all. Good for a general degree, but don't expect to find enlightenment here.

Bobbie Lynn

I attended an Early College Program at Johnston community college and after completing my degree with them, I re-enrolled for my next degree! I love the small, cozy feel of the campus, and the professors are down to earth and always willing to listen.

Chasity

I love it here!!

Skyler

It is a great school many high school student are able to attend johnston community college being as low as a freshmen in high school. The school provides you with so many great professors to help succeed and graduate with a two year associate degree.

Savannah

Very involved professors. It is a small campus with a decent amount of students cmoing in and out. Most are here just to get their core classes and then transfer. The most involved class on campus is our ASL class. We do not have many student-life activities except for the occasional outdoor movie and the fall and spring fling; which consists of food trucks, games with cash prizes, and booths sponsored by classes and certain clubs.

Jackie

Throughout my time at Johnston Community College. I have volunteered in the Girl programming club which seeks out opportunities to expand programming knowledge and allows students to develop and fine-tune skill in programming. I have joined the Engineer club in which help students seek out an opportunity to expand their science and engineering knowledge. I have also, recently become a full member of the National Society of Leadership and Success. This organization has helped me seek new opportunities and has aided me to reach a higher level of confidence in becoming a leader myself. I can truly say that Johnston Community College has not only helped me grow as an individual but has open many doors for me.