Jones International University Top Questions

Shirley

The academics are very good because the classes are designed to meet the need of every student attending.

Even though I am online only, my professors know me by my name and not by just a number. My least favorite class has been English but thats just because I have never been much of a reader, but yet the professors that I have had in English have been helpful and made the class interesting which helped keep my attention. I study a little bit everyday so then I know that I am not crunched for time when it comes to getting an assignment done. I am a Business Accounting major and I enjoy my classes. Its not a lot of math classes back to back I get a wide variety and get to mix it up when I want. I think the academic requirements are JIU are specially designed to help us learn all we can in our future field of work that we are all aiming for. I feel JIU is all about being there for the students and helping us obtain our degrees in whatever we have chosen and they do encourage you to do things that will help increase your chances of getting a job after you get your degree. They offer many resources that we can utilize to get the best that we can out of JIU and after we have already graduated.

Troy

Generally there are 10 to 15 students per class. This gives the instructors the ability to know their students on a more personal level and coach each student in areas that need improvement.

Tonia

Professors indeed know my name, My favorite class is BBA classes, with my least favorite is probably art. Typically if a student wants to excell they should study a minuim of 25 hours per week. Class participation is encouraged to get the most out of your classes. I tend to hold intellectual conversations outside of class; I am sure many JIU students do as well. I am majoring in Business Adminstration/ Accounting. Jiu is geared towards get a job, excelling at what you do and what you know. They prepare you for the future.