Marion, AL
Judson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Judson College

Jacquelin

My overall opinion of Judson College is not a positive one. While the academic part of Judson was wonderful, the rest of my experience was not. They messed up financial aid, the staff is ridiculously hard to meet/contact. They love giving you the runaround, and students have more privilege if they are considered a favorite.

Cassidy

The decision to become a student at Judson College has been one of the best decisions that I have made in my entire life. Many doors have been opened for me concerning my career since I became a student at Judson. I really enjoy the small class size which makes it easier to be comfortable with participating in class discussions. When you take the time to show the professor that you are serious about your work in the class, many of them are willing to work with you to make sure that you are successful in your college career.

Kristina

I absolutely love this college. It's located in an extremely small town in the middle of nowhere, USA. However, the atmosphere and academics and people are the greatest. The Christian aspect is no joke and very important. The classes are small and very one on one with the students. Judson cares about its students and this is a very special place to be

Brittney

Since 1838 Judson is best known for it's traditions. We have sisters on every corner willing to help you with anything. Also, we have step sings which is where all the students and the alumni line up on the steps of the school and sing the songs that they have been singing for ages, it is truly a moving experince to be a part of. There are senior traditons that only they can participate in, which in turn motivates us to stay and pursue our college carrer. I could not be more in love with my school.

If I was to give myself advice for college life it is that you will make it through, and it will be worth it. Being away from the stress of home will be reliving. Yes, you will miss grandma, and your dog, but you will be fine. You will meet amazing women at this college and you will always have a helping hand. It will become your home, and you will find yourself not wanting to leave. Don't be afraid to ask for help, ever. Your work study boss is the kindest woman you have ever met. Do not procratinate on anything! You will need to work on your field hockey and basket ball, for hockey day and parents day cause you aren't that good honestly, haha. This school will mean more to you than you could have ever imagined.

There is not many frustrating things to say about Judson. The only thing that i could complain about is the dorm room I live in, which is not the usual freshman dorm, Kirtley, I am in the Junior Soph dorm, Barron, because of freshman overflow. They are trying to fix. It has mold problems in many places, and a slight bug problem. There are also not many parking spaces.

Christina

If I could go back to my Senior self, I would give myself the only advice that matters, and that is the Gospel. I would remind myself of the reason that I'm here on this earth and the reason that Jesus died for my sins- to glorify God. I would remind myself that this life is NOT about me, it merely includes me . I would remind myself to live my life in such a way that every decision and choice I make serves as another step closer to God.

I wish I had known of just how truly incredible that Judson College actually is so that I would't have wasted my earlier High School years looking into any other College or University.

If you don't enjoy traditional values, the importance of living in community, or a Christian atmosphere then you shouldn't go to Judson.

Judson College has a welcoming atmosphere unlike any other school.

Judson College has a welcoming atmosphere unlike any other school.

My classmates are like sisters to me.

Dear Megan, As you, step onto Judson College campus remember to have an open mind to others and not to judge. You never do know what battle that person is fighting. You will experience battles yourself through college and as you face those battles remember there is always a lending hand. Do not be afraid to be vulnerable. Vulnerability is actually a good thing, holding your feelings in is never good. College is not easy and you will struggle in classes however, grades do not define who you are. Try your best not to procrastinate though, for it is not a good habit to start. Your sophomore year you will encounter a trauma that no individual should have to face. You will be sexually assaulted. Do not let the anger pour into your heart. Instead,use the story of what happened to you sooner. You will save more lives that way. Remember, God has a plan for you and that his delays are not denials. It is God educating your spirit to the finest temper of which it is capable of. Always follow your heart, when you feel peaceful then you are being a righteous woman to God. Love, Megan

Kelsey

Judson is best known for its wonderful traditions.

Judson is best known for its wonderful traditions.

I would take my senior year more seriously. I wasn't set on going to college becuase of my recent boyfriend. I would not let anybody else make my decisions for me, I would stand up and make them myself. I would start planning ahead of time instead of waiting till last minute. I always hear "I wish I could go back in time," I myself may always say that but honestly I don't mean it. Yes I went through a lot of hard times in my senior year but everything that happened to me in the past makes me who I am in the present and I wouldn't change that for the world.

Amber

Assuming that I could go back and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself only one main piece of advice. I would suggest enjoying every moment I had left to spend with my father, my family, and my friends. Leaving home for college was possibly the hardest task that I had ever completed. I left everything I had grown to know. I had left my comforts, my friends, and my life to start anew. Do I regret the decision? Never; Do I wish I would have spent more time with my family? Most definitely; I believe that was my biggest flaw as a senior; I couldn't wait to leave. Now as I reflect upon the matter, I realize that leaving was the last thing that I wanted. However, the past is in the past and cannot be changed and truthfully, I do not believe I would not change if given the opportunity. As a result of leaving home and becoming my own individual, I have gained self-dependence, professionalism, and leadership. Judson College was the best decision of my life and the mere thought leaves me with no doubts about my decision.

From the moment that I stepped on campus, I knew that Judson College was for me. Judson is unlike any other college in the state of Alabama in the way that it is an all woman's christian college. The number one thing I consider the best thing about my beloved college is the opportunity to succeed in all ways possible. From extra-ciricular activites to academics, Judson provides everyone the opportunity to advance their knowledge, build character, and gain necissary proffessional skills and abilities.

Judson holds no stereotype when in reference to who can and can not attend the college. That is, other than gender stereotyping. Unfortunately males are not allowed to attended. Never the less, Judson is home to a very diverse group of students. Due to being a christian college, standards are set just a bit higher. Therefore the "kind" of person to attend Judson should be serious about the future, open minded about learning, and be willing to make life long friendships.

Christina

High school cannot compare to college. Great advice I would give myself is to not procrastinate, apply for even more scholarships, get involved more in the community, and learn as much as possible. I would also tell myself to build up reading skills and learn how to study and to keep information as I am taking it in. I would even tell myself it doesn't matter what you look like or what friends you hang out with in highschool, in college no one cares. Everyone looks after theirself and minds their own business.

I wish I had known about it a lot longer. I'm glad I know about this school now and I am glad that I am in it. I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Judson has a very positive atmosphere. The school is so small, everyone is friends with everyone. What makes Judson so unique is the traditions. I really love the traditions here. The teachers are very caring and wanting each student to do their best. Since the school is small, there are small classes. This is perfect for teachers and students to interact on a one to one bases.

Jessie

I have learned a lot about friendships and overcoming lack of sleep for over 24 hours straight. I will be honest, and it is very obvious in my answers for this survey, I am not exactly satisfied with the college I currently attend. I feel that this college tells students many false statements to get them to come to the school so they can get the tuition money. I also believe that this school should have a undercover investigator observe how this school runs and determine whether it be shut down or not. I am not trying to be pessimistic, I am simply stating what too many people of my school feel. I feel like we do learn somewhat, but at the same time we are being judge on our different ideas and lifestyles. It has been valuable to attend here because I have learned a lot about who I am and what I want.

That you are only allotted a certain athletic scholarship, they do not give full athletic scholarships.

People who like to socialize and be around a lot of people shouldn't attend this school. People who like cities, malls, and restaurants shouldn't attend this school. People who like big classes should not attend this school.

Judson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.