Elgin, IL
Judson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Judson University

Jacob

I enjoy it so much I encouraged my brother to attend as well.

I enjoy it so much I encouraged my brother to attend as well.

This is my second year at Judson University I love it! I enjoy living on the campus an I love the teacher to student ratio it is so perfect. This year even my cousin has joined me at Judson so now it's a family affair! So that really tells you how much the family loves Judson!!!

John

Did not feel academically challenged, easier than I had thought college would be. Felt like they admitted whoever would even apply. (theory as to why I had complete morons in all of my classes)The business department does not even have a business building or proper technology for a place of higher education. A lack of school spirit is strongly felt around campus and a lack of community involvement by the school. Many of the own residents of Elgin do not even know that there is a university in there town. Students tend to generally be very nice and welcoming just be careful not to party or you will be judged. It's a great place for people who are more than just strongly committed towards there relationship with Christ and want a career with ministry . A beautiful small campus with buildings within walking distance. In between a river, a highway, and a big avenue so going places like the store or restaurant Requires a car. If you don't have a car consider your college experience at Judson two fries short of a happy meal.

sasha

It has a wide variety of students here.

It has a wide variety of students here.

I would tell myself to be more attentive in looking at many different schools and do not push off things till the end. I look back and tell my self I could have been in graduate school by now, messing around in school the first years with dropping classes because i didn't feel like studying was not such a great Idea. I wish I could have stayed more focused and and stayed on track with my first years. this is my 5th year in college and I transfered to a university finally but I had to start as a sophmore. Just keep working hard and never say never!

how much it cost and the dorms could be better

If I could give advice to my younger self I would tell her to take that career development course the first semester instead of only taking gen eds. I would also tell her to be more open to trying new things and exploring more in both academics and clubs. Being a commuter it can be hard to meet new people since it’s mostly just show up for class and then leave when it’s over but it’s OK to stick around and see what’s exciting. College is considered the best time of a young persons life and just because someone is a communter doesn't mean they have to miss out on all the events going on or meeting new people.

This is a very Christian oriented school with strong values and ethics. A waver is required by all students to sign during registration that basically bans "partying." The school emphasizes academics and school work. There are no sororities or fraternities so this is a school for serious students who aren't interested in drinking or other social activities normally associated with college life. Very down to earth in both academics and social clubs.

Krysta

My classmates are kind, helpful, funny, and appreciative.

My classmates are kind, helpful, funny, and appreciative.

When I entered college, I was an ignorant individual who thought they knew nearly everything there was to know about the world and life. The more time I have spent in college, the more I have learned, and the more I have realized that I know next to nothing. Attending school has shown me how large the world is and has invested in me the strong urge to learn and grow. The academics have been rigorous and challenging, but the amount that I have matured has given me immense dedication to continuing my education even after I graduate. College has also given me career goals and a strong appreciation for other cultures and ways and walks of life. I came to the Chicago area from a small town with a 93% white population. The experience that I have had here has opened my eyes to diversity. Overall, my experience at Judson University has been invaluable to my future, education, and understanding of the world.

Judson is a Christian University. Students who are non-believers might feel out of place. There are a lot of strict rules that reflect the Christian faith and life here, and it may be challenging for those students who do not align themselves with the Christian faith to appreciate and abide by the rules. Students who are looking for "easy As" don't belong here. The professors assign a lot of work and take their courses seriously.

Adam

It is a small, private, Christian university that is strong in it's faith and beliefs as well as its liberal arts education.

My college experience has been life changing in that it has helped develop me into an adult as well as open doors for the future. I feel like a part of the campus and it is hard having to choose to attend or not just because it is expensive and I may not be able to pay. I feel so attached and a part of what is going on around the campus. Dorm life has opened me to new people and new experiences that I would not have ever been a part of. Look through my last two years I know I will be prepared for whatever life has for me after college. I have a strong faith to build on, a strong family, great friends, and a solid college education to begin a career with.

Someone who is interested in God or wants to learn more about Him, while attending a college with a strong community.

Dan

Judson University has been a very tough trial and I am unsure how I will be able to pay for the next two years.

A student who learns better with a strict set of rules placed before them.

The most frustrating thing for me is the required 8am classes

Judson University is a an institution whose open arms and thoughtful encouragement spurs its students to set higher goals and achieve greater things than they ever thought possible.

My school is perhaps best known for its close-knit community, caring and encouraging faculty, and strong spritual support systems.

My college experience has played a large part in shaping the person I am becoming. The thrill of excelling in my academics is so unlike anything else I have experienced thus far. I thrive on learning the truths of the past and present in hopes that I may apply this knowledge to my own future. My college experience, thus far, has equipped me with the tools I rely on to make great discoveries and grave decisions. I feel that perhaps the greatest thing you can master in college is not so much the material alone, but the ability to use it to your advantage as you face the things life will undoubtedly throw your way. The gems of wisdom that my instructors have so graciously bestowed upon me have become interwoven with my existence, and have shaped my view of politics, economics, art, and religion, among others. These magnificent gems are of tremendous value and worth to me because they greatly aid me in making proper and informed decisions. I am greatly anticipating the remaining years of my college career, the opportunity to study abroad, and the influence the aforementioned will have on my character.

Alisha

The more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn. If I could go back to being a senior in high school, I would tell myself to enjoy the college experience. There are inevitable frustrations like financial burdens, etc. that will never go away, but don?t allow that to be what you take with you. Spend time with your professors, asking lots of questions. You can learn a lot from their personal experience and they are great references for you in the real world. Prioritize your time wisely, choosing to be involved with your school career. I wish I could go back and re-read all of those old English assignments and re-learn the things that I only learned ?enough just to get by.? Knowledge is something that can never be taken from you, so acquire as much of it as you can. Also, remember to have fun and invest in relationships. Study groups are a wonderful way to be connected in a valued community, as well as being held accountable to your studies. Most of all, believe in yourself and your dreams because they can come true.

Anyone and everyone is welcome at Judson University. I attend the "Rockford" campus, which is the accelerated program so it is challenging, but allows me time throughout the week to study. The professors are culturally competent and Judson has a "Come as you are" motto. It is a school committed to helping people grow closer to God more than anything else.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I am not able to get financial aid until I am at least 25 years old. I am still considered a dependent on my FAFSA so I am not able to receive finiancial aid because "my parents are legally obligated" to provide financial assistance for me.

Judson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.