Judson University

« See more reviews of Judson University

It is important to find a College or University where education, athletic/physical health, social, and spiritual goals can be pursued. Many schools can offer the desired degree, and several schools can also satisfy the athletic/physical health and social desires, but finding the school that successfully accommodates the spiritual/faith goal best can be the greatest challenge. So many schools are vying to offer good classes and activities, and while those are very important to campus life and educational growth, there should also be a focus toward personal development; not only academically and socially, but also spiritually. Unfortunately, it seems like this spiritual goal is neglected by both schools and students alike, but nevertheless, there should be a higher priority to find a school where spiritual/faith goals can be pursued. In regards to college experience, students should be making the most of diverse classes and activities. Again, the core to finding one's purpose and intended area of study and career should be through spiritually connecting with the God who calls and gifts each person differently and magnificently. Opportunities are available and should be utilized collectively for overall educational, physical, social, and spiritual growth.

My college experience has played a large part in shaping the person I am becoming. The thrill of excelling in my academics is so unlike anything else I have experienced thus far. I thrive on learning the truths of the past and present in hopes that I may apply this knowledge to my own future. My college experience, thus far, has equipped me with the tools I rely on to make great discoveries and grave decisions. I feel that perhaps the greatest thing you can master in college is not so much the material alone, but the ability to use it to your advantage as you face the things life will undoubtedly throw your way. The gems of wisdom that my instructors have so graciously bestowed upon me have become interwoven with my existence, and have shaped my view of politics, economics, art, and religion, among others. These magnificent gems are of tremendous value and worth to me because they greatly aid me in making proper and informed decisions. I am greatly anticipating the remaining years of my college career, the opportunity to study abroad, and the influence the aforementioned will have on my character.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn. If I could go back to being a senior in high school, I would tell myself to enjoy the college experience. There are inevitable frustrations like financial burdens, etc. that will never go away, but don?t allow that to be what you take with you. Spend time with your professors, asking lots of questions. You can learn a lot from their personal experience and they are great references for you in the real world. Prioritize your time wisely, choosing to be involved with your school career. I wish I could go back and re-read all of those old English assignments and re-learn the things that I only learned ?enough just to get by.? Knowledge is something that can never be taken from you, so acquire as much of it as you can. Also, remember to have fun and invest in relationships. Study groups are a wonderful way to be connected in a valued community, as well as being held accountable to your studies. Most of all, believe in yourself and your dreams because they can come true.

Go visit campuses both with your parents and then to an overnight stay at another time. By touring the campus you see what buildings they have and that there are students and classes there. By spending the night you get to see what students on campus are really like. I suggest doing it on a non-preview day because it will give you a better idea of what campus is normally like instead of always wondering if those students were just being nice to you because they knew it was preview day. Showing up at the college of your choice on your first day of orientation can be scary but say hi to people and don't be afraid to sit with people you don't know at lunch or dinner, hang out with your roommate(s) or suitemates or even other people from you building. Get to know the people who will be living around you and don't be afraid to get involved, but still make your school work a priority. Most of all make sure that you are balancing your time between classes, friends, and sleep, and don't forge to call home either! Good luck!

My advise would be to students trying to find the right school for them. The first thing you need to do visit first and try to make an overnight stay. To really get the college experience you need to stay over night and see what happens with the students. Get to know what people do at night and what they say when other people are not around. That is the only way to know what you are really getting yourself into. When you do choose the school that you want to attend make sure you are contacting your academic advisor on a regular basis to insure you get the right courses you need to graduate. Finally, do not be shy. In college you have a fresh start. No one knows who you are and no one knows your past. So make the best of college, make new friends and try not to go home every weekend. Stay up late on a school night , your only young once. Do not be afraid to get yourself out there and always remember that the upper classman may intimidate you but they were once freshmen just like you.

When I entered college, I was an ignorant individual who thought they knew nearly everything there was to know about the world and life. The more time I have spent in college, the more I have learned, and the more I have realized that I know next to nothing. Attending school has shown me how large the world is and has invested in me the strong urge to learn and grow. The academics have been rigorous and challenging, but the amount that I have matured has given me immense dedication to continuing my education even after I graduate. College has also given me career goals and a strong appreciation for other cultures and ways and walks of life. I came to the Chicago area from a small town with a 93% white population. The experience that I have had here has opened my eyes to diversity. Overall, my experience at Judson University has been invaluable to my future, education, and understanding of the world.

Parents don't force your children to go to any ONE college. Let and encourage your student to find the college that best fits their ideas about what they want to do. Don't let money be an issue. If your child chooses an expensive college let them go and they can always take out loans to help them pay. Also, many times college ends up defining who you really are as a person. So, where education is important the environment is also important. Some students would get the same education at two different schools but, one has a better environment for the student to grow and make appropriate life choices. That school with the good environment should be the school of choice. Most of all, be sure about the choice that you are making. Parents, encourage and support your student in whatever decision they are making. College is stressful enough, students don't need pressures from their parents as well.

The college experience is much more than just an education; it is a holistic approach towards the development of a person transitioning into adulthood and ideally maturity. When choosing and appropriate college it is important to consider location, affiliation, education and goals. College is a time of personal choices and to have sucess it is important to understand the options and choose on which college you think will be most beneficial for the time after college. Almost qnyone can get a four-year degree, but not everyone can get an education. Education is a choice. In my opinion you can have alot more fun with 10,000 dollars than blowing it on dropping out of college, so if there is a college you decide on, get done what's necessary so you aren't throwing away a potentially great investment.

Choosing a college that is right for you is about the major you want to recieve but also about the way you want to live. Many schools offer the classes you will need to graduate but what makes a school stand out is the way of life at that campus. I chose the school I am at now because everyone is very friendly, not at all threatening, and morals and responsibilities are taught throughout the school. I feel like I am becoming the person I want to be as an adult, while friends at other schools are in another high school like stage of life. Being at a school where life choices are talked about, I feel like I am learning how to be an adult and I will be ready to face that life after graduation.

When considering where to go to college, I would encourage high schoolers to follow their passions. Find a school that fits your intended major instead of a school that will fit your extracurricular activities and social life. Those things will follow in the footsteps of what you're passionate about. Don't compromise your dreams for a school that fits the budget or what your parents want. Ultimately, you (the prospective student) have to decide what you want to do with your life and follow that calling. As of your freshman year in college, you begin to shape your life, and part of shaping your life is to follow your dreams and find out who you are on your own terms.