Huntingdon, PA
Juniata College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Juniata College

Amily

A perfect home away from home, Juniata College felt like a perfect fit ever since I first step foot on campus. Now a semester in and feeling like an official student, this school is still a wonderful place to be, even with the lacking food services.

Cheyenne

Went to school here for my freshman year but transferred. Beautiful campus with a rigorous academic program. Only cons were that nothing ever happened on campus and the nearest city was 2 hours away and that there was an incident of domestic violence that the school failed to address.

Be more accepting of other people. Try your best not to judge the book by its cover. Take your time to get to know people. Study more than 1 day in advance. Dress to impress, but not to intimidate. Designer is not everything.

I wish i would have known how little in the area there was to do. I am very focused at school; however, on weekends there are not a lot of restaurants or hang out spots around town. It can get boring in Huntingdon very easily.

The school is very diverse in many ways. Anyone who is willing to work and study hard should attend Juniata College. Everyone at school is very accepting.

Patience

I believe that at Coastal Carolina you can go for education but also have a wonderful social life. I have friends who get jealous when I tell them of the fun that we endure here. Sometimes you have to sit back and think to yourself "I have some great friends". There are plenty of wonderful people at the coast. By connecting with the right people, you are sure to have an unforgettable college experience.

If I could go back into my senior year, I would advice myself to do more research on what I was getting myself into. I would make sure that I have applied for scholorships and even make myself think about my major even more. Being a first generation college students wasn't easy. Many of the mistakes that I did make could have been easily prevented.

Juniata has a tight-knit, welcoming community environment where people genuinely care about each other.

Don't be afraid to use your resources. People genuinely want to help you and see you succeed. It isn't a sign of weakness to ask for help or for advice, but actually a sign that you are serious about your future and want to do whatever you can to make it happen. There are an infinite number of opportunities out there but you need to actively seek them out.

Juniata's small size makes it easy for professors to engage with students and form close relationships. It also makes it harder for people to slip through the cracks.

Erika

I love Juniata. I felt at home as soon as I stepped on the campus. The professors are welcoming and helpful.

Mountain Day! This event is when all classes are cancelled and the students go up to the lake and have food, music, and interact with the activities and people there. The best part is...its a surprise! No one, not even professors know when this event will occur! :)

The academics are definitely challenging, but you learn so much, so it is very rewarding. I love that at times I get the chance to take classes outside of my major (or as we call it POE) which challenge the way I think about things and also give me the chance to become a well rounded person.

Marlene

the students here are very unique and one of a kind. we all have our quirk, but it is a fun place with lot of individuals. everyone is very friendly and they make the campus feel like home.

The academics here are very rigorous however, it is very doable to have classes and also have a life outside of class.

Ichiro

I think that Juanita is a great school to go to if you like the feeling of a small campus. It helps especially Freshmen year because it keeps you from being too overwhelmed and gives you more of an opportunity to reach out to advisors and other forms of help so that you can succeed in college.

I think the stereotype for the students at this school is that given the location of Juniata, many of the students will be ignorant or perhaps different from students from other areas of big cities, etc. However, this stereotype is far from accurate. All of the students here are very open to ideas and are from all different kinds of places.

Knowing what i know now about college, I would definitely go back in time and tell myself a few hints about college life. First I would tell myself not to bring the clothes that I originally packed. Yes, I like to get dressed up for class most of the time but I do need more lounging clothes. More storage boxes and hangers are a must especially when you don't have a lot of room to work with. More board games or cards for the weekend parties- especially new ones that most people haven't heard of. It's really fun to make up new rules to make them into a drinking game. Even though my mom says you shouldn't bring all your shoes- take all of your shoes! Finally better life advice, don't go into college with a boyfriend because you're going to find the love of your life playing pool in the student lounge on your first day and you two will be inseparable. Just a heads up ;)

The accepting atmosphere of all races, religions, orientations, and incomes

Juniata College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.