Huntingdon, PA
Juniata College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Juniata College

Kristen

Graduating from high school a couple years ago, I will be completely honest and say that I was not ready for college and the pressures of deciding my future. I could not tell you what I wanted to do or who I was going to be, figuring that by automatically going to college that would all change, this was not the case. College opened up so many avenues and opportunities, but I wasn’t mentally prepared for everything that came my way, but I tried my absolute best. For example the professors wanted you to succeed, but unlike high school they weren't going to hold your hand and because of this I learned how to learn. I got heavily interested and involved in art, product advertising, and photography, mainly I was beginning to start to think like a designer and my classmates were my customers and consumers. To keep them happy I would have to learn their likes and dislikes, communicate with them and respond positively, learning all of this within my first semester. Community college was a wise investment because now I have my foot in the door to my future.

Noah

My classmates are friendly, intelligent, and wonderful people. Each one is unique in their own special way, but since my school is very small, we are like one big happy family. We all participate in campus wide traditions together that have been a part of Juniata College for many years. We all are known for our excellent academic prestige, and carry on Juniata's reputation for having the best and brightest students around.

Through my short year and a half at Juniata College, I have accrued a wealth of information so far. The liberal arts education that I am currently receiving is, "by any measure," among the best in the country. I have been advised by many counselors, students, alumni, etc. that the school I attend will prepare me for post-graduate education more than any other school available. Beyond the stellar education that is synonymous with Juniata College, is a broadening of horizons in culture and social life. I have been a part of countless cultural events on campus where I have met so many wonderful people. These events were not only educational, they were also a blast to be a part of. From coffee houses, plays, and comedians to distinguished speakers, diversity panels, and holidays, I have certainly been introduced to worldly experiences. I have also had the pleasure of being a player on Juniata's Football Team, and this year I became a captain. I am certain that I will never forget these four years because the experiences I've had already in a year and a half are ones that are unforgettable.

It is difficult to find a bad quality in Juniata College. But the one bad thing that comes to mind is its surrounding environment. There are not many recreational things to do around the town of Huntingdon, which forces students to either stay on campus or go elsewhere to have fun. This is not a major problem, but students that are used to the glamour and fun of big cities would have to adjust to the smaller, simpler atmosphere of Juniata College and Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.

Belinda

I grew up as an Asian American where both parents are immigrants and neither attended college. As a result, graduating was not an option; it is a necessity. For me, college was no different than high school. I expected a heavier workload and classes ought to be more challenging, yet my attitude towards education remained the same. I anticipated classes I was required to take with work that meant no more to me than a grade. What I did not expect was for college to be the opposite. I have heard stories of successful men and women who used college as a tool to shape their life’s goal. When I applied, I did not know my life’s goal; college cannot shape what was not there. After only one semester, my vision of the future has completely changed. The classes that are offered direct my interest easily towards chemistry. I am surrounded by professors who are inspiring and dedicated. The energy in the college atmosphere challenges but intrigues me to contribute. It is not easy, but I am not complaining. College presents me with the challenges of life that I want to solve; college led me to my goal.

Juniata College provides a small, close knit community with rigorous academic departments, notably for chemestry, that will unceasingly challenge, inspire, and encourage mental and self development.

I wish I had known that Juniata College provides a very weak student activity life outside of academics and that clubs are not as demanding as I assumed.

Meagan

Juniata is a very nurturing school that takes pride in its students. Despite the rural setting, I could not have picked a better school. I am learning concepts that build off my high school learning experiences but simultaneously incorporate new ones. The opportunities for students to listen to other's opinions and hear their stories of success are endless. Although I am only in my freshman year, there are various opportunities already being thrown at me for both short term and long term goals. While smoe college students face distractions of partying and drinking, I can choose between partying and my school work. Peer pressure rarely exists on campus, tus creating a more relaxed environment for people who would rather focus on schoolwork. At Juniata, people can do work and party when they have time, but schoolwork takes priority and people are always around to help.

My school provides students with a close learning environment. The professors have proven they are available to students during office hours, email service and in rare cases home numbers. They push students to think critically and to question with reason. Simultaneously, the closed environment allows students to know their classmates on a more personal level. When you walk around campus, you are not walking around various strangers but rather people that are approachable and come from all aspects of life.

Depending on soomeone's hometown, the relaxed country setting can be difficult to get used to. People from metropolitan areas such as New York and other major cities may experience somewhat of a culture shock. Some students who are even from suburban towns have difficulty adjusting to life in such a rural area.

Vincent

My college experiendce has really taught me responsibility more than anything. Naturally, the courses that one takes helps to prepare them for the line of work they are interested in, but more importantly college teaches people what it is like to live in the real world. College teaches accountability to courses, projects, any jobs one might have, to your roommate, and to your self. If you do not feel like attending class, no one will get on your case about it, but when finals week comes and you score poor, you suffer the conquences for your actions. The college experience has been valuable so far because it makes you become proactive in order to use all of the resources avaliable to you. Professors possess nearly unlimited knowledge, but it is up to the student to seek out what is needed. College is a period of growth and maturity that is very necessary in order to successfuly handle the transition from home life into real life.

The best part of Juniata College is the small class size. Several of my classes had between ten and fifteen students, which is an ideal amount of students for me. With the small class size, it allowed for large amounts of interaction with professors. They (my professors) were always avaliable before or after class, and emails were always answered in a very timely manner. Small class sizes were a crucial factor for me in my choice to attend Juniata College.

The most frustrating thing about Juniata College is the lack of activities to do on campus. They have ample amounts of clubs to join, but the campus does not have very many places for students to meet and conjur.

I graduated highschool one semester early due to having extra credits so I took the spring semester of 2006 off to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I decided that going to Mount Mary College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for fashion design would be a good idea. I soon found out that it was not right for me. I decided that I would have a very limited career path and most likely would not be very successful if I was planning on staying in Milwaukee. Then I decided I would go to UW-Oshkosh for business. Business is such a broad area of study I just picked something to pick it. I then decided Oshkosh was not the school for me, nor was the program. If I did not attend either of those schools I would not have discovered what I wanted to do. Some look at it as failing because I dropped out, however I look at it as trial and error. And I can proudly say "Hey, I tried that!" Now I finally know what I want to do with my life.

Benny

Out of my college experience I've gotten to meet now people and learn new things i thought i wouldn't think of knowing. College for me is a really cool place to be because it makes me feel like I will accomplish a lot. I think college to me is very valuable as, well as important, because without it I wouldn't have a good job or I would have a nice house to live on and watch my family grow.

Kinga

I believe attending college is vital in today's society, without a college education you cannot develop your skills fully. Although I go to a community college I believe there has been so much I encontered and learned already. Continuing my college education I feel there is so much more that I am going to attain. The material I know will stay with me forever. Knowledge that one may establish , no one may take that away from them. My parents always valued education and taught me that life without is very difficult. I consider myself very lucky to get the education I am getting. I value every moment I get to learn because I do realize many people do not have that oppurtunity to do so. I also want to do what makes me happy in the future and love what I do. Having a good career and being stable in today's society is very important. Thank you for giving me this oppurtunity to talk about what college means to me and my experience so far, and also for letting me further my education some more.

Asia

Juniata College is best known for it's amazing faculty and students. You won't meet better or more helpful people anywhere else inthe world, and I firmly believe that.

Juniata College has taught me who I am and has helped me realize who I want to be. My mind has been opened further than ever before and my goals become closer and closer everyday. College has introduced me to many new and amazing people who have helped me to see my true potential. Juniata has changed my life in so many amazing ways and it has changes my life forever.

The work load is definitely the most frustrating thing about Juniata, but that's what I wanted in a college, so I can't complain. While it can easily get out of hand, as long as you keep track of your time and work hard you won't have too much trouble.

Courtney

My college experience provided the greatest opportunity for self-growth. I realized my academic strengths, and most importantly found my true career passion in the human services. In addition, my friendship circles formed through the on-campus living experience served valuable life lessons and provided some of my most cherished memories. During my undergraduate education I took advantage of two study-abroad opportunities and studied in Europe for two summers. I've come to see how valuable these experiences were in cultivating cultural competence. I was afforded a unique experience to travel in Europe, an opportunity many people may never have. Each experience in college, whether studying for an important exam or traveling in Europe, gave me an opportunity to better myself and grow, both academically and personally. Without the exposure to the education and on-campus living experiences, I would not have the motivation to continue to graduate school, partly because the self-growth I experienced in college helped me define my career path and refine my personality. When I consider my undergraduate career, I will forever characterize it as my time of 'becoming'. Becoming a student, a friend, a social worker, but above all, becoming myself.

Juniata College provided not only a serene and beautiful campus landscape, the faculty also enhanced student's learning experience. Professors always made themselves available to students to answer questions.

I brag most about my accessibility to my professors. The small university setting made this possible. Professors and faculty knew who I was and my career goals.

Juniata College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.