Kalamazoo College Top Questions

Leo

Someone that is looking to expand their social observationalism, their conscientiousness, and their ability to create and believe in goals they normally would see as out of reach. Kalamazoo College works best for an individual who has the ability to be steadfast in their self-image and believe in their own opinions while at the same time accepting challenges to these self-aspects for the positive outcomes such trials can have. Kalamazoo College fits someone who can think rationally and practically even when pushed to what that person believes to be his or her limits.

Kellea

Kalamazoo College is perfect for someone who really wants to focus on their education, but prefer a small, informal class atmosphere. This is the place for people who like to challenge themselves and explore new ideas and concepts. The absence of Greek life means the party atmosphere is minimal on campus so studying on the weekend will not be an issue. This school is perfect for people who aren't afraid to be themselves.

A person who is a self-starter and very academically driven. Time-management skills are essential in order to succeed at this school as the work load can get to be quite demanding. Also, a person who attends this school should be open to different life experiences, cultures, and points of view, as diversity is one of the school's emphases and our study abroad program is very utilized by the students.

A student attending Kalamazoo College needs to be interested not only in academic pursuits, but also with those that shape him or her into a well rounded citizen of the world. Community service, international study, green living, and extra-curricular activities are strongly encouraged at Kalamazoo College. This institution aims to shape well rounded individuals and is very effective in doing so. Graduates of Kalamazoo College leave a large mark on the world. An attendee of "K" should be open to being shaped by the marvelous opportunity set before them.

Someone who likes small classes, doesn't mind an extremely liberal college and someone who can afford the outrageous price ($40,000/year without scholarships after room and board). It will benefit those looking for a job after graduation rather than those going to graduate school, as it would be easier to get a higher GPA at another state university and essentially have a better chance to get into a better graduate school. I am in law school currently.

Liberal, open-minded individuals.

Anyone who wants a good, small liberal arts school.

Those who don't mind sacrificing their social life for their school work.

Joan

Someone who is very driven, likes to be a well-rounded individual and is good at applying everything back to their field of study. Someone who can roll with the punches. Someone who likes multiculturalism and individual attention and can stand being under a microscope. Someone who learns best through experience - it's a heavy influence here. Someone who really enjoys school, academia and education and analyzing, criticizing and questioning things. Anyone who wants to go on study abroad. Someone who wants to learn how to think for themselves instead of what everyone has told them.

"Weird" people. People who don;t mind being isolated.