Kalamazoo College Top Questions

Matthew

The small classes and engaging professors allow you to not only get the most out the money you spend, but it forces you to learn and approach problems in a new way. You'll really get to know your peers and your professors through events inside and outside of the classroom and that really helps provide for a unique "college community" experience.

William

Academics - it prepares me for a wide-range of post-graduate options and specifically for medical school.

Colleen

The prestige of the school. Well know throughout the country

The professors and the education. Also, study abroad is great!

The best thing about Kalamazoo College is that it helps its students to discover their passions. I can't think of a single classmate of mine who didn't have a specific issue or subject that got their juices flowing. "K" creates a positive environment for its students to experiment with new subjects in order to discover something they love.

Joslyn

The community that is creates, both at the school and outside of the school. Being a student here makes me feel like I a part of a family, one that will continue to influence me long after I graduate. Even if it is just a sense of being part of a family, being at K makes me feel like I am getting truly a unique experience from my 4 undergraduate years, which is what I was looking for when I was searching for schools.

My friends. They are always there for me.

Collin

The emphasis put on quality learning and to think individually. There is also a sense of community; Upperclassmen are really great about interacting with underclassmen. The campus is very small, adding to the sense of community for the most part (sometimes it can seem a bit like high school though in that everybody always knows other peoples business)

Larisa

We learn to think for ourselves and to think outside the box. I believe we get a more well-rounded education than my friends at other schools do.

Erik

I think the diversity is the best thing about my school. There are so many students from dissimilar backgrounds and cultures that it makes class a fun place to be. The next thing, to play along with diversity, is the foreign study program. About 85{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student body participates in foreign study, which is amazing. I went to Madrid, Spain for 6 months and had the time of my life discovering more of the world and experiencing different cultures.

zachary

Study abroad-good break from school and allows the students to see the world.