Kalamazoo Valley Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kalamazoo Valley Community College

Kyra

It's what's to be expected of a community college. It's not bad. The classes are small and personal. It feels like a close community, but it might be harder to make friends here as opposed to a four year college because no one lives on campus. The teachers usually know what they're doing and are happy to help.

Avalon

I dual-enrolled at Kalamazoo Valley Community College. I spent four years total there. Of my 93 credits, and 29 classes, only a few of my professors hadn't either previously or currently taught at Western Michigan University. Therefore, I essentially received a Western Michigan University education at a community college price. Overall, I acquired an amazing education, met a lot of wonderful people, both peers and professors, and learned valuable information both in a classroom setting as well as "real world" experience.

Patricia

It's a great college! The professors are always available to students after class hours, there are always events going on, whether it's a choir concert, a student seminar, or a meet in the library. The atmosphere is so nice and you never feel like you don't belong there.

Lindsey

I would recommend it to anyone starting off college from high school. I have only been there for one semester because I just changed my profession and KVCC does not provide it, which is cosmetology. I always feel safe. There are emergency phones scattered around every corner of the building, there are emergency poles in the parking lots under almost every light, and to pick up the phone or press the button, someone is there within 30 seconds to a minute of getting the notification. I have wonderful teachers and they are available to me whenever needed and everything is at easy access.

Donna

Teacher care about the learning of students. Staff helps to get registered in correct classes for the degree going for. Financial aid department makes sure all the financial needs are meet helping personally to fill out paperwork. I would recommend going to Kalamazoo valley community college.

Katherine

Kalamazoo is a safe place to come and learn. The staff is always pleasant and ready to help. The teachers are fun and engaging in their lessons and want to see you succeed. Campus grounds are beautiful and sport a wonderful collection of running or biking trails.

Linnea

The school is great. Classes are straight forward and most of the professors are helpful and fun. The students are a little crazy, but what college doesn't have crazy students. Tuition is great, book prices not so much. Overall KVCC is a decent school for what it was meant for. I am saving a lot of money here and it is a great in-between step from high school to a 4-year.

Therezine

Kalamazoo Valley Community college is a very good community college that will help you get on the right track for your degree. they have small classrooms so your on a first name basis with your teachers and they are always one email away to help. the overall atmosphere here is very helpful.

Haley

I love attending KVCC. Most of the instructors I've had have been very helpful. I've only had a couple of instructors that I didn't like. The other ones actually wanted to help me learn, and help me to do better in what I am doing.

Kyle

Overall, Kalamazoo Valley Community College is an excellent college! It is only a community college; therefore, Kalamazoo Valley Community College does not have as many extracurricular activities available. However, it has tremendous professors with a lot of knowledge in their areas of study. There are also small class rooms that make it much easier to communicate and learn.

Emalee

I transferred to KVCC from another community college, one I wasn't fond of, and the changes were everything I needed. This school is wide and open; classes are easy to find- unless you're me. You're still in luck however, people here are so incredibly nice so whomever you ask, they'll point or WALK you to your next location. Every professor I have had is very nice and understanding to students that each of us have a life outside of school and that we may not be there every class- this has saved me many times. I would recommend Kalamazoo Valley to anyone freshly stepping onto campus it is a very nice transition from high school to College.

Nicholas

It is an alright school. Nothing to complain about. If you want a decent community college it's not a bad place to go to. Prices are reasonable, staff is friendly, teachers care about you being successful and the work load isn't too hard. If I had to refer a friend I absolutely would.

KVCC is a very nice community college. The majority of the professors are very helpful and are easy to work with. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. There are many great studying areas throughout the entire campus. The classes are a lot easier to afford and are definitely worth the taking. There is no campus housing though.

Marlena

It is a very diverse, opportunistic school. Unlike my high school, many students and staff are from different ethnicities and from all over the world. Many opportunities are also offered at KVCC, such as extracurricular groups, financial aid, and academic aid both in and outside of the classroom.

Zoey

Kalamazoo Valley Community College is a great place to go to school. They don't offer on campus housing because they are a community college. With all the different programs that they run, I think that it is a really nice place to go to school. I don't participate in school activities so I am not one to say if they are good or not. All I know is that there are some really talented art students that attend there. On many of my walks to class, I am able to look around at the beautiful artwork done by students who attend the school. I think that this is just a small way that the school shows they love the students work. I also really appreciate all the spaces that they have for relaxation and enjoying nature.

Alexis

I'm in my second year of attending Valley and I absolutely love it here. Everyone is so nice and kind and the instructors and staff member are very encouraging, helpful, and attentive to your needs. If you ever need any help, classmates are very social and willing to help those struggling in certain areas of a class.

Morgan

Kalamazoo Valley Community College has a nice set up and is a great community college to start at. The teachers are accessible and only want to help you learn and grow. The campus is extremely relaxed and has lots of beautiful courtyards that are well kept. The students often work together and the teachers often work with the students too. The class sizes are great, with not too many people in a class. Overall, I would recommend Kalamazoo Valley Community College to anyone who is wanting a cheaper, smaller scale start to college.

Lindsey

My overall opinion on Kalamazoo Valley Community College is fantastic! I absolutely love the learning environment and the professors really take the time to explain their curriculum, and make sure you are understanding the material given. I always feel safe on campus and would recommend this college to anyone! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Adam

KVCC is a great campus with knowledgeable teachers. The classes serve their purpose and there are opportunities to further education through other colleges on the campus of KVCC. It's a step above most community colleges and has many options in just beyond cafeteria food.

It is a nice school willing to help out their students. They do their best to make themselves available and most of the teachers are really great. It can be difficult to get an appointment with a counselor that knows how to help you, but once you do they are great. Some of the software and curriculum they use could be updated.