Kankakee, IL
Kankakee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kankakee Community College

Gabrielle

It's a good school with caring professors and excellent staff. The staff are the most caring people I have ever Met, I have had many professors who genuinely care and work with me for better grades. I think the class selection is poor and there should be more options but the class sections we do have, are really intriguing. They did not really have classes for my major but had many writing classes that could potentially apply to it! Overall, would recommend because community college is an excellent first step, especially if you are undecided and tight on money!

Amy

Kankakee Community College is stepping stone in a person's life. It is a place meant to find yourself. You may find that you want to move onto more education after this place, or you may find that you no longer want to pursue your education. Either way, you will be fine because Kankakee Community College has provide the tools you need in order to be successful in life, at an extremely low cost.

I absolutely love going to KCC! The professors have always been so helpful, but they also understand that we are human too and have our limitations. They help us through our struggles in order to prevail onwards. My classmates have always been nothing but kind to me, which is an extreme change from high school. We're all going through our own struggles, and we only do what we can to encourage those around us to be better. The class sizes are small, which is perfect for in depth discussions. The students diverse in every way, which makes for great ways to widen social circle. In all, I would recommend this college to anyone and everyone.

Lillian

I believe kcc is a very affordable way to get a head start in your career. It is reliable and effective for those looking for an education.

Zachary`

I tell them that it is an easily accessible campus, with nice facilities and many courses offered.

Any person who doesn't like to work. Plain and simple.

Sign up right after high school. Don't take a break. Don't take Makowski for algebra. Save your money and do more useful things with it than drink and party.

If I could go back in time and teach my high school self somethingtht I didn't know as a senior it would be to try harder, and apply myself more to my work. I would teach myself discipline and the meaning of hard work and studying. Knowing that in college it doesn't get easier I would make sure that I developed good study habits and concetrate more. I would also tell myself to enjoy my time there, with friends... and to not take anyone or anything for granted. I know they say that high school is the best four years of your life, and they're right... to an extent. College can be the next best four years if you let it. It all depends on finding out what you want to do for a career and loving it. That way you can truly enjoy school, I would tell myself that the hard work will be worth it in the end. Don't give up if you're working towards what you love.

I wish that I would have known what it was like at a state university and I wish I would have experienced campus life. It's one thing to go to college, but at a community college you don't quite get that campus life feel of things. Also I wish would have known that no matter where you go the courses are going to be tough, and you're going to have to work at them.

There's really not much that I could brag about to them, many of them go there with me. If anythng I most likely brag about getting to live at home and have my parents take care of my expenses.

Erin

KCC has an amazing staff; everyone from the deans to the professors to the janitors is always willing to help you out.

Above all things, I would advise myself to not let school tire me. I have been attending school almost non-stop since my sophomore year in high school, including summers. Looking back, I should have allowed myself those summers in order to be a kid, rather than a mini-adult. I have noticed my grades slipping slightly during my past few semesters, and I believe the biggest cause of this is my being utterly burned out. I've over-expended myself, and that's a very unwise thing to do when one plans to be in school for a long time, as I do. In short, I would advise me to pace myself.

My school is very close to home. I carpool with a friend, and we can usually get there in about a half-hour. Living in the country, as I do, a half-hour is very close.

Regina

KCC is a very welcoming, helpful and great college to attend if you are just starting college.

If I would go back straight to my freshmen year and tell myself that I can do anything if I want too! Let no one or anything put your dreams and desires back. Do let a teacher, advisor, family or friends say you are not smart enough to enroll in a class if deep down you know you can. It will change everything. You are capable of anything you want if you start focus. Later on in high school keep doing your best and start focus. Especially in your junior and senior year do not lose track of your studies and see what classes you can take in high school that might help you not have such a big load in college. Enjoy high school but when you are all done with the important things you need to get done. Everything is going to be good and keep your head up in and start focus.

Kankakee Community College was very convent to me because it?s only a thirty minute drive for me. It has a lot of courses that will help benefit you if you are still unaware of what you would like to do when you enter college. If you are aware of what you may want to do in college it has lots of set courses to go into. Advisors are very helpful and do their best if they do not know the answer to find it out. Plus this college helps you transfer out to other colleges and universities pretty easy!!

Kankakee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.