Kansas City Art Institute Top Questions

Tempest

Kansas City Art Institute is small, and the coursework is rigorous, but it feels like home.

Lynn

A diverse place where one can become amazing.

The Kansas City Art Institue is the place where any artist, no matter the talent or style, can flourish with helpful guidance and a unique sense of pride.

My school is a private 4 year college for the arts. It has an amazing campus. The work is challenging sometimes, but it keeps me on my feet. The kids are also amazing. The school is so small everyone knows each other. The staff is wonderful. They are very skilled and know how to teach. I am very happy I go there.

Luke

The most intense, satisfying, and educational experience of your life.

Hailey

The Kansas City Art Institute is a very prestegious, liberal, and exclusive school for the fine arts.

marc

the art institute is challenging, and if you arent flexible and open minded enough to see and trythings from another point of view, you will have a hard time.

Zoe

Small and friendly--almost like a family or small community. Everyone begins by working together as a Foundation student, so all students really get to know one another before going off into seperate majors. Students engage in studio from very early in the morning until very late at night, so they definitely develop life-long friendships and strong bonds. The campus is beautiful and green with quite a few historical buildings used as classrooms and adminstrative buildings.

Alejandro

A private art school that is designed to push you in directions that you may not have taken by your own initiative, while providing a space to grow and explore all aspects of art.

Kansas City Art Institute is a place of close nurture and tough love, because we all know we've got potential, and they're here to help us realize it and get it out into the world successfully.

My school is amazingly perfect in every way for me because it describes my own career based plans for the future.

casey

Kcai is fun, future conscious, agressive, and friendly; you'll never feel like you're away from home, the community spirit is amazing.

The Graphic Design is isolated from the rest of the school and is business oriented and focused while the Rest of the other majors are somewhat unrealistic and disconnected from the rest of the world.

There is guidence but no one will tell you what to do, you MUST THINK FOR YOUR SELF and formulate your OWN OPINIONS about art and the world around you. it is "very punk rock" as they say.

Stuart

Get up every morning, and get to work.

Mihwa

studio intensive and less spending outside of studio

Small Art school, emphasis on creativity and production, realises importance of acadamics, fun activities like drag show/political debates ect, very liberal, very diverse, trying to be greener (hard for some traditional art practices), very expensive but worth the money because you are exposed to so many new and unique ideas, nice green campus (landscaping), art everywhere, in big bustling city, not too dangerous, people who don't know who they are or what they want to do drop out quickly.