Kansas City, KS
Kansas City Kansas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kansas City Kansas Community College

Myriam

My overall opinion of KCKCC is that it sucks as well the worst year of college of my life. The dorm life was horrible, Im so happy that I got my own room thou rather than having roommates. The dorm was apartment styles and withina few weeks the sink water was low, the air conditioning worked when it wanted to. Since i was on the bottom floor of the building, spiders were seen at least twice in the course of two week, either in thenkitchen, bathroom of my old roommates and I room. BED BUGS were there before we got completly settled in. I didnt start noticing them till a month after school but my roomates who shared a room had them the first day. We told the RAs, they had a guy come to check on it, he claimed there was nothing, but we looked oursleves and they were still there, so we had to buy spray to get rid of them. The other students that lived in the dorms were dangerous to be around. There has been cases of students fighting, rooms got snuck into, girls been assulted, a student got shoot one morning by his roommate because the other roommate owed him 10 dollars for like 2months. A lot of the student really believe they were gansters or something. They would yell outside their window trying to make you go into their dorm all the time which just made it ignoring specially cause I have a boyfriend. I have a full ride scholaship, and at first KCKCC had this lame meal plan. The way it was set up for me was that the school allowed my scholarship to give us, the scholars, 100 dollars amonth. Yeah -___- , i know. I lost a lot of weight and becam sluggish because I bearly ate, had to go to mcdonals across the street nearly everyday. I didnt want to drive 25mins everyother day back to my parentes to get some food. but a few months into the new meal plan, they stop doing it because students were "taking advantage of it", whatever that means. My roomate had her crack headed, just out of jail mama live with us for a whole semester. I didnt say anything to the RAs at frist because my roomate breifly said that her mom wouldnt stay for too long, she just needs to stay for a few days. But it wasnt a few days. She started oving a lot of her stuff in the house, took up the whole living room area and would knock on my window and not her ghetto daughter at 3a because she would leave late at night and had no keys. When second semester came and I saw all her stuff still there I had enough and didnt care, I told the RAs that roomate got fined and her mom left. I was happy. The teachers were hard to contact, some of them didnt have their contact information on Blackboard, not even office hours or email address. Which made everything about the school more harder for me. Jesus, I can keep going for a long time, all in all, KCKCC wasnt the school for me, at all. I wasnt safe, got depressed more than I ever did in my life, lost about 12 pounds because they cnacelled the meal plan without warning, studying was hard because my roommate had her mom live with us for a full semester, teachers were hard to contact, other students on campus were dangerous and some had firearms. I really hope the RAs look at the dorms througly, notice if someone who isnt suppose to be there is therem looking for weapons and drugs substance, etc.

Jasmine

I honestly love Kansas City Kansas Community College. I have attended this college on two different occasions and each and every time a student needs help there is always a staff or faculty member willing to help. The staff is always very friendly and also informative. The professors are always on time, they are very understanding and always available. They even give you their cell phone numbers to help over the phone. Each and every work assignment is explained thoroughly and there is also an example. Overall I am very pleased with KCKCC.

Breeawna

They are very well known for offering degrees and programs that most people think are only available at universities.

I would tell myself to take it more seriously: don't put big projects off until the last minute, pay more attention to the teacher instead of your friends, put in the most time and effort you can, not just the bare minimum to scrape by with a passing grade. Getting into college isn't always easy, and that is your key to the real world, the rest of your life. Basically: take it seriously. It's not just a social playground or a waste of eight hours of your day. It's a tiny step towards the rest of your life, treat it as such.

Anyone! It is a very diverse campus. There are people from several ethnic groups, several activities and clubs, and everyone is friendly!

Kimberly

I would tell myself that I don't need to stress so much about having everything figured out right away. It is okay to be unsure about a career path, and there are many opportunities in college to explore different interests to find out what fits best. I would also tell myself not to worry so much about the cost; there are lots of options to help pay for college, and even if it takes a little longer than planned, the important part is to keep going. Overall, I would tell myself to have fun, explore as many opportunities as possible, and enjoy college life.

This school offers many online/distance learning courses, which made completing school much easier for me.

dominick

To study harder life isnt promised so make sure that I push myself and do whatever it takes to make sure i accomplish all of my goals.If i can go back into time i would make sure i finisher higher,get assignments done quicker,to jump higher to everything to the best of my ability

Karlee

It is around alot of things you have more oppurtunities and alot of student activities. Teachers are pretty laid back as long as you try. There is student police on campus 24/7.

The school seems to never be on top of things the same person will tell you three different answers to you questions they change things everyday. They are not organized. They will tell you in the dorms you will have your own bedroom and then three months later say you have to share a room with someone.

Kelsey

I would have told myself not to rush to make a quick decision about college. As a high schooler, I remember being pressured to know what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I would have told myself that it is alright to not be sure what career path you want to have for the rest of your life. The decision to go to college should not be rushed, you can take time to figure out what makes you passionate. I would have told myself rushing into a career will not necessarily mean that it is the correct choice for me. I would have said "Take your time, talk to your counselors, and do what YOU want to do, not what your parents want you to do".

I brag about the flexibility. There are a wide variety of classes available and they are offered on campus, both in the day and the evening, and they also offer online classes.

There are many students going there, so the staff sometimes seems disorganized. Kansas City Kansas Community College seems to have problems with cancelling classes that students have enrolled in already for various reasons.

Drew

I would have told myself that I need to go to college for myself and no one else. When I did get to college, I should continue on with my goals and take care of myself rather than other people. I also would have told myself to pick different goals becuase the degree that I was going for would not have made me happy.

I really like the small class size at this college. This allows more interaction between the teachers and the students.

I would have wanted to know what types of classes that I would need to take for a certain degree. I began taking classes that I really did not need to take, thus it took longer to get my degree.

Nicholas

A gathering of students from many different backgrounds who desire to begin or finish another step in their educational career, and instructors who are prepared and willing to help you accomplish these goals.

As a high school senior, my main goal was to move as far away from my parents and gain my "freedom." In doing this, I became a little too focused on my freedom than the goals I had made for my college career. If I could give myself some advice, it would be everything that my parents had already told me but I had been too stubborn to listen to. I would tell myself to stay focused on my schoolwork and enjoy the freedom later. I have learned now that the small amount of freedom I experienced then could never compare to what I COULD have now but do not. I would hope that I could take advice from an experienced version of myself a little easier than I was able to take the same advice from my parents.

Every class grade will stay with you forever. Make sure to take each class seriously or else you will end up paying more in the long run in time and money. You can be successful in everything as long as you put in a little more effort than you feel is necessary. It's always better to do more and do better than to do the minimum and sell yourself short.

Kansas City Kansas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.