Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

Kansas State is in the middle of the state of Kansas, with a rich foundation of agriculturely involved students, which come with the baggage of a conservative based attitude towards life and with no intension of changing there values or morals. Most of these individuals do not understand the values of the poor or working class, and have been priveleged with money . There is a radical group of individuals on campus that works to educate others about lower class values and interests, our group gets alot of criticism from faculty and other students, its our way of fighting the system.

First, fill out any and all paperwork as soon at it becomes available. This will potentially save you from fines, fees, and most importantly not getting the dorm room you want. Second, even if you know many of the students from you high school, meet new people. Take advantage of any opportunity to do this including; WildCat Warm-up, Greek recruitment, summer camps, athletic teams, and clubs. By meeting new people you will have study buddies, friends to head to the rec with, and so much more! Last, come visit, you will know if KSU is the right fit!

While there are not many buildings on the Salina campus, each building has its own purpose. Whether you're a pilot doing...pilot things, FSHS student, engineering, etc.; each building caters to your needs. People generally congregate in the College Center where lunch is served, as well as where the Admissions staff resides. The Student Life Center looks like a house of glass with its many windows and is there for you to get your workout on. A powercat can be seen almost everywhere, which is a K-State staple and makes you feel right at home.

Kansas State University is a home. In one sentence, that would be how I describe my school. It is a big school with a small town feel. Moving to a different city can be challenging for many students, but Manhattan can make a person feel right at home. Their entire town is involved with the campus. It provides so many opportunites to meet new people and be involved that it makes a person comfortable.

Our campus is beautiful. Simply put. The huge limestone, castle-like buildings will awe anyone who steps foot on campus. It is beautiful year-round, and wears every season with grace. Most of the buildings are over 100 years old, giving K-State an established and mature feel. Everywhere you look, students are sporting their KSU gear, signaling to newcomers the importance of Purple Pride.

K-State has a beautiful limestone buildings and being a campus that changes with the landscape. In fall the campus glows with the changing autumn leaves. In winter, the campus is highlighted with hints of snow and in spring everything is in full bloom and luscious again. Regardless of the time of year K-State's campus is booming with people who are extremely friendly and outgoing.

Amazing the best school I have attended so far from the one on one help from real teachers instead of TA's. To the people that you meet everyday on campus, I mean the feeling you get when your at a game and everyone is cheering KSU Wildcats. They really want you to exceed in what ever field of study your in.

Kansas State University is a place that not only teaches a person who they are and is teeming with vast opportunities acadmically, professionally, and personally, but most importantly eliminates feelings of nervousness for new students and replaces them with ones of determination, excellence, and community.

My school feels like a small town in which you might not know everyone, but you probably only have a couple degrees of seperation, because people here love to meet new people whether it be in class, a party, a football game, WalMart, or the library.

Kansas State University is a well-balanced, friendly school where, from my personal experience, a person is not pressured to join specific groups and a school where there seems to be many opportunities open to the students.