Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

K-State may be in Kansas, but in my opinion its not a hick school. I am from a city that has almost half a million people and although I may see more guys wearing cowboy boots and more silverado trucks, I would never say that my school is a hick school. As for having nothing to do, I disagree there as well. Manhattan may be small but the people are friendly and its small radius is packed full of fun. There were very few nights my freshman year when my friends and I were bored...very few.

No. One stereotype cannot even describe all the students on campus. There are different religions, cultures, sexual orientation, students with different majors, traditional and non-traditional students, faculty, staff, everything! There are so many students. We aren't all hicks just because Kansas State has a strong agriculture program. There are so many other things behind Kansas State!

I think it would be incredibly difficult to accurately stereotype any university or organization that has more than 20,000 people, so no I do not think the stereotype is accurate. Of course unless that stereotype is a bunch of purple bleeding, family oriented, fun loving driven individuals with a passion to succeed and innovate!

No. Yes, there are quite a few ag kids and kids from small towns, but there are also a TON of kids from cities. As for the party school part...Manhattan has it's fun! :) I personally grew up in a town a lot smaller than Manhattan so I think there is a heck of a lot to do. People that can't find anything to do are lame.

Well, we do have students from very rural places in Kansas, as well as all over the Midwest. For example, I constantly saw a student who wore cowboy boots tucked into blue jeans, a huge belt buckle, a flannel shirt tucked in, cowboy hat, and a horseshoe mustache. That aside, the rest of us are actually quite normal.

In some ways, yes but not over all. KSU has a population made up of students from all over the world, including China! Also, you can find some pretty neat stuff to do, from jumping around to live bands outside your dorm room, to participating in campus socials that include japanese dancing and wax hand making.

All stereotypes are generalizations. Every stereotype stems from some aspect of truth, and though not everyone falls completely under any one stereotype everyone shares some commonalities with one stereotype of another. So, are they accurate? No. But they are worth paying attention to.

I don't think these are accurate. There are more Ag students but that's just because the Ag school is so big here. There are tons more different types of students and alot more diversity than some people expect. There are things to do all the time so I never find that I'm bored.

That depends on what the stereotype is. Overall, k-state does pride itself on it's community. Typical stereotypes for greeks, and jocks may be true, but i think any school can say the same. People in general are friendly.

There is a large population of students from rural areas, as you would expect from any university in the midwest, however KSU does maintain a good diversity of cultures, majors and political opinions.