Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

Not at all, we have a very big varity of majors avaliable here at K-state.

Not at all.

n/a

The farm school is false. yes we do have a agriculture division of the school as well as a Rodeo team, but that doesn't make us a farm school in anyway. We have students from all over the country and even the world that attend Kansas State. True, The students at Kansas State are very friendly. It is hard to walk across campus and not have people to smile at or say hi to. If you need help with something other students are more than happy to help and the faculty will go out of their way if you need some extra help in classes. Also there are so many different activities to get involved in it is easy to meet people when first starting school and make new friends. The next one is False. Yes the school is in Kansas but that doesn't mean there is nothing to do. Manhattan is a pretty large town and there is a shopping mall in town for the girls who like to shop, and there is also stuff to do around town, We have pillsbury crossing which is a creek that is popular for cookouts and hanging out on Hot fall and Spring Days. We have Tuttle Creek Resivor where there is a boat rentel place for spending the day out on the lake. For those who are looking for some night life we have Aggieville which is a strip of bars, and clubs and resteraunts to hang out at . Some are only 21 and over, but others will let you in if you are 18. We also have a movie theater, mini golf course, and other activities can be found around town.

K-State is most definitely a friendly place. There are small world connections between so many people on campus, and everyone is always willing to make a new friend. Although not everyone is majoring in Agriculture curriculum, K-State offeres programs some unique programs dealing with the College of Ag that are the only ones of their kind in the country, like Bakery Science. In all honesty, there are such a wide variety of students and majors that K-State doesn't fall into many stereotypes.

No. K-State has a variety of faculty and students from all political and ethnic backgrounds and offers support in the form of extracurricular clubs and activities to ensure that everyone can find their own niche and feel comfortable. Also, the college of agriculture is, in fact, a large and esteemed presence on campus; however, K-State offers many other majors. A large number of K-Staters pursuing business degrees, for example.

NO! I'm from Johnson County and there are plenty of kids also from there and areas like it. There are kids from small towns (more so than other Kansas Universities) but these people can give great insight and diversity to the university. Also, there are a lot of out-of-state students that come to K-State for quality education and the fact that they got great scholarships.

There is a huge Greek Community, but you can get along just fine not being a part of it. Most of the campus is overwhemingly preppy looking, but everyone is very friendly. I've yet to meet someone at K-State who wouldn't help you if you needed it. And surprisingly the student body is more liberal than you would expect. Everyone's political opinions are welcome there.

While a good portion of the school comes from Kansas, there are diverse people from all over the country who come for the quality of the school. Manhattan isn't the most exciting town but it has a fair amount of things to occupy your time without distracting from your studies. For bigger activities it is a short drive to Topeka, Lawrence, and Kansas City.

The ag program is very strong, but it's only one part of K-State. And yes, there are a larger number of small-town, country guys (and gals) at K-State, but they aren't the only ones here! There are lots of more "cultured" activities and programs to get involved with. And yes, campus often revolves around football here--but what college doesn't?