Kansas State University Top Questions

There are a lot of groups on campus. Ones that stick out are the fraternites and sororities around the city. But there are leadership groups that have come and talked to us about joining. University Experience is the most popular. they teach freshman how to navigate college and the campus. Plus the give you all the resources you need to be successful. ACIC is another group Academic Career Information Center there are groups you join that fit your strengths and help you take the right classes for certain jobs.

Fraternities and Sororities on campus

Xinchi

A lot of different student groups are here.

There are many things people are involved with, the most important being greek. There are many greeks out there, and while sororties and fraternites are important here, it's not everything. SGA is really popular as well, which stands for Student Government Association. Atheletic events are extrememly popular, and are usually packed. We have really good school spirit here, and I love that about Kstate. There are many things to do that doesn't involve drinking. They have programs at the student union for a couple bucks that you can see. They also have movies that are being played as well. I've made many friends on my floor, through friends and with activies I've done. it's a really friendly campus.

Arkady

Student activities are very important here at K-State. Living in the dorms is a great way to meet people and make life long friends. The people I met on my floor i consider my best friends at K-State. It is a very social environment and almost impossible to be a shut in. There is always someone knocking on your door wanting to go play racketball at the rec or watch a movie. The lobby is always a place to go and work on homework with friends or play games and tell jokes. We go out together and attend campus events. Everybody attends the football and basketball games to support and cheer on the Wildcats.

The most popular student activities include involvement with events put on by the Union, fundraisers, athletic events and events put on by Greek organizations. On the weekends, most people go to Aggieville, parties or other entertaining spots around Manhattan. But if you happen to be awake at 2 AM on a random Tuesday, you are most likely in the Library.

The most popular activities and groups would probably fall into Sports or Greek. Those are the two biggies on campus. We have over 12 sororities and around 24 fraternities on campus making Greek life very large. We like to get our on campus and do services for our communities. There is always some type of event happening that we can attend and Greeks are some of the most involved and some of our highest leaders on campus. Sports being the other biggie is what majority of the campus partakes in. Seems like most everyone goes to or is watching the game and is decked out in purple on game day. We love to celebrate our wins and get excited for every upcoming game.

Everybody love going to football games! Watching movies on weekends in the union is also popular.

Reed

The Greek community is one of the thriving groups on campus. Roughly 15{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the campus is Greek but they hold roughly 75{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the leadership positions on campus. K-State is a hazing-free campus that takes pride in the Greek community. Many students also go to the recreational center in their spare time. The recreational center is expanding and is going to have some awesome features when it is finished. If you want to play an intramural sport, there are more than 40 available. You can play with people you know or join a new team. Hey, you can even have a co-ed team. Athletic games have provided me with some of my favorite experiences on campus. I've traveled to Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New York and all over Kansas to watch the Wildcats play. If you love sports (or just a good time) then you'll make your way to the tailgate scene when the Wildcats play football at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Feel like hitting the town? Aggieville is the bar district at K-State and it gets hopping on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. There are lots of different places to go and each one has a different feel. Prices are great and good times are always in session. Not feeling like drinking or aren't 21? No problem! K-State Union Programing Council holds events every Friday night that students can go to. Plus, with all the shopping, a movie theater, the recreational center and other campus events going on, there is always something else you can do. Last but not least, philanthropy. There are too many philanthropic opportunities on the K-State campus to count. One of them is K-State PROUD, an all student led philanthropy where students help raise money for other students on campus that are facing hard times. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised by students, for students. If you can't find something to do at this university, you haven't tried.

Reed

Reed

some of the greatest activities have come from my dorm floor. we had a bonfire one weekend, a scavenger hunt the next. another popular student groups are the sororities and fraternities, the marching band, k-state singers, and the swing and salsa dance club. there are a lot of fun things on campus to do with friends or the special someone. there is bowling, arcade, billiards and the movie theater in the union.

Kirstin

Greek Life is definitely the strongest organization on campus. There are many sororities and fraternities that people can get involved in! But if someone isn't in one, they aren't ever left out or shunned. It is right for some, not for others! There are plenty of other things on campus if Greek life does not work out. I am in a lot of groups through the College of Education. I also did a lot while I was in the residence halls (I worked as a community assistant, served on the governing board, and was a co-head of the tour team). I actually met most of my good friends through the residence halls. Right off campus is Aggieville, a nice area of shops, restaurants, and bars. It has a popular night scene, but is wonderful for shopping and eating, too! I think that football and basketball games are a big event also. Being in the student section is one of my favorite places to be.

At Kansas State University we have over 475 clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. They range from scuba diving, to Duck's Unlimited, to Student Governing Association. All of these clubs and organizations give students a chance to not only keep their favorite hobbies when they come to college but also create a new network on campus. We have NCAA, Club, and intramural sports here on campus. K-State offers students the best seats in the Big 12, making athletic events a very popular activity for students. As a student you are able to sit on the 50 yard line for football and at mid-court during basketball games. Intramural sports are very popular activities for students to participate in around campus. Each sport has a Greek, Individual, and Co-Ed making many opportunities to be competitive in your strengths as well as meet new people. The social scene is also very strong throughout Manhattan, Aggieville is a great shopping district as well as a nice place for night life. Greek houses also have social events such as date parties, philanthropies, and other activities to be involved in throughout the semester, making social life very accessible at K-State.

Nikita

The sports that exist at K-State have to be the most popular. Everyone is very school spirited and that is clearly noticeable at school sporting events!

Kansas State offers an endless number of activities, groups, clubs, and teams. Everything from intramural flag football to the Advertising Club is available to students. I am involved in a wide array of clubs and organizations, including intramural sports, Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women, Greeks Going Green, Transfer Ambassador Program, and Advertising Club. Every student is free to be involved in whatever group, organization, or team interests them. There is no limit to the amount each person can get involved on campus. Intramural sports are very popular here. So you played basketball in high school, but you aren't quite good enough to play for K-State? No big deal, there's a great opportunity for you to keep playing the sport you love by joining an intramural team! Several of the Greek houses form intramural teams, and every student, no matter if they are a Freshman or "Super Senior", is eligible to play in intramural sports. Sports, clubs, and organizations are great ways to meet new friends. I have made so many new contacts by joining several different organizations on campus. Even just going potluck in the dorms is a perfect way to expose yourself to new opportunities with new people. Most people come to college with the intention of redefining themselves from high school, and K-State is an excellent environment to do just that. With all of the new opportunities, it would be hard NOT to meet new people. Fraternities and Sororities are a great way to meet new people and have great experiences, but they are not the only way. Greek life is not for everyone; starting out your time at K-State by living in the dorms is the way to go, especially if you do not plan on joining a Greek Chapter. By living in the dorms, you get the feeling of community with your floor, and it is an ideal opportunity to make new friends. In most situations, you will have 2-3 roommates - what better and easier way is there to make a handful of new friends? The dorms provide students with a sense of community, and are a perfect way to start off your social life at KSU.

Reese

Fraternities and sororities are very popular at Kansas State. They are a great way to make life long friends and career connections. There are also a lot of clubs to join on campus. There is almost a type of club for any interest. I myself am a member of the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity or TKE for short. I have met many of my closest friends through TKE from being involved in the fraternity for the past 3 years. Not to mention you get to meet a lot of people of the opposite sex. I have many friends who have had long-term, serious girlfriends from being in a fraternity. Most of the girls I have met are also involved in the Greek life at KSU. The girls in sororities love to hang out and party with fraternity guys. People in my fraternity like to party in general a lot but being in the fraternity does not mean you are forced to party. People in fraternities are also very good about having their priorities set which makes being able to party easier. Getting things accomplished is key to success in college and a fraternity/sorority definitely helps. Being involved whether in the Greek community or another student organization is very important to building a good resume for a career after college as well. I also have an on-campus job as an advertising sales representative for the K-State Collegian and K-State Phonebook. My job and my fraternity have put me in good positions that will open many doors for me in my future.

Reese

Our football and basketball team is very popular, game day here is amazing. We have a lot of guest speakers with a wide range of topics that are very interesting and actually enjoyable to attend. There is always something going on at campus, their is movie nights were they show motion pictures, in the spring and summer there is actually movies played outside in our courtyard. There is something for everyone here, we have a drag show once a year that is really fun. Fraternities and sororities are important on our campus, they always have something going on helping the community, there is even a progressive sorority that accepts lesbian and bisexual girls.

Reese

Reese

Reese

Siniva

A large population of students are involved in sororities or fraternities yet an even greater portion of students are involved in an array of organizations on the college campus. Many of the events and parties thrown thought the school year are put on by fraternities and sororities and they are always a ton of fun.Everyone has the opportunity to get involved and the school spirit here at K-State is unprecedented. There is never an empty seat at games and stadiums are packed with loyal fans that bleed school spirit! The athletes are pretty down-to-earth and are very friendly around campus. They love their fans and have no problem showing it outside of games. The dorm life is pretty awesome here.Students feel comfortable leaving their room doors open and are allowed to customize their rooms any way they please. There are rules to ensure the safety of every student and even a system set up to walk students from campus to their dorms during late hours of the night. The dorms are a great place to meet new people especially as a freshman. There are always activities in dorm lobbies and spaces specifically for studying with groups or alone quietly. Aggieville is awesome for those students over 21 that want to unwind and have a few drinks with their peers. Most places in Aggieville throw parties like "Beauty on the Beach" where students can enter contests and win prizes and are a blast. For students under 21 there are a ton of on campus events like cosmic bowling, movies, and other parties that take place almost weekly! Kansas State is the place to be!

I met almost all of my closest friends through the Greek system. Through recruitment week, chapter meetings every Wednesday, and functions with other houses, meeting new people is so easy. It connects you with some of the most active students at K-State because everyone knows someone who knows someone in your house.

As I mentioned before, there are two campuses, the main and Salina. As a member of the Salina campus, picking the most popular activity/group on campus is difficult. Our organizations range from the Greek system, to an anime club, to the Flight Team. Anyone can create their own organization, and no one would turn you down if you wanting to join. In addition, the Programming Board has dozens of activities on campus per semester, and there is always something for the students to do. I love the Greek system, simply because I helped found the only sorority on campus, and being able to empower women on a predominately male based campus, is just awesome to me. My sorority gets support from everyone on campus and I honestly do not know how I would survive college without the friends I have made through the sorority and other student organizations I have been involved in.

Blair

It's hard to mention K-State activities without mentioning the athletics. We are the only team in the Big 12 conference that has our student sections right on the 50 yard-line! We also have an amazing program involving our UPC (Union Program Council). They have substance-free events every weekend for students who are looking for something to do at little to no cost to them. These events include everything from $1 movies on the weekend to free comics to creating wax hands or even dance parties. Finally my personal favorite event at K-State would be the arts. We have several theatrical productions every year and the musical this fall, The Putname County Spelling Bee, was incredible. Not to mention the real-life version of Glee: The K-State Singers!!

Blair

Lori

There's all sorts of things to do on campus. They have this fair at the beginning of the semester to showcase all the different groups if you are interested. I was in marching band-absolutely awesome-and karate for awhile. You can always drink or party on weekends in Aggieville or at parties, but I don't really do that much. There's movies, shopping, concerts, theatre, and Union movies which are a little older but only cost a dollar. I live in a dorm and they told us to not always shut the door. Many times people would just sorta show up at your door and talk to you. Football and basketball are really big events. They are a lot of fun and you get to practice the Wabash-the most recognized K-State tradition.

There are hundreds of organizations to become involved with on campus making it easy to meet new people. One of the most popular way to meet new people is by attending athletic events or getting involved in greek life. There are however, many many chances to attend theater event, lectures, and concerts on campus.

Dani

There is always something going on!! Aggieville is a blast, so are house and frat parties! What is so awesome about K-state is that it is such a "chill" environment that you can go out and sweats and no one will care. Just being with our firends and having a good time is all it takes. No one cares if you're dressed up or in sweats...that doesnt matter!

Melania

There is all ways something you can find to entertain yourself around campus, there are dances going on, parties, and its nice to check out the activities the halls set up. There are many options that don't require you being over 21. Depending on the hall you're in or weather you live in the halls at all, diferent opportunities take place. The bottom line is you will be able to find something to do, in any case, you can just chill with your friends.

Chelsie

I am most involved in athletics. In my opinion the most fun social events are sporting events like football games and basketball games. While tickets for football and mens basketball can be expensive there are also free sports like baseball, women's basketball, and track and field.

The only way i met most of my friends this year was through my sorority. I didn't meet one person that I became friends with living in the dorms. It may have just been the specific dorm i lived in (Boyd) but my sorority (Pi Beta Phi) was where all of my friends and social activities came from.

Connie

There is always something, every day of the week, every week of the year that you can do at K-State. Athletics, academics, social settings, activities, events. It does not matter, you can always find something to do.

Michaela

I decided to live on a cluster floor with other students from my major. I found that not only did students leave their doors open, but there was always people dropping in and out of everyone elses rooms. If someones grandma sent them extra brownies they would take them down the hall and ask if anyone wanted some. If someone had a question about a physics problem they could knock on their neighbors door and ask if they knew how to help. Its a very open environment. Athletic events are like religion. If you are not there than you have nothing to talk about for the next week, especially if we win. On Fridays theres always a movie showing at the Union for only $1, and they do "after hours" events which is where students can go if they don't want to go party. There are concerts and salsa dances, we've even been known to play giant games of campus hide-and-go-seek. Off campus we go four-wheeling with friends or go splash in the water at Pillsbury crossing when its nice outside. When you're stuck in a classroom all week, you're going to want to get outside as much as possible on the weekends.

I am actively involved in the Chi Alpha student ministries group at K-State. It is a very friendly group of individuals that make any strangers feel welcome.

The university is across the street from the historic shopping district Aggieville. During the day it's a great place to shop and hang out. At night, there are bars with live bands, or coffee shops with a great variety of musicians from every corner of the town.

The social life at k-state is always moving. There is always a sporting event, there are plays and concerts on campus, The k-state union is always holding some sort of event. The rec center is always busy with people working out or playing basketball. And don't forget about Aggieville.

Abbey

I'm not really involved with an organization persay, but I do enjoy helping out with the theatre department! I've helped with painting sets and I even learned how to do que to que with a sound board. I'm also big on attending football and basketball games, and try to go to every home game. There's also my random visits to campus events in the student Union and watching all the big productions in the theatre building, Nichols Hall. I don't know what the biggest thing to do is at the moment, except for joining greek organizations, sports games and movies on the lawn infront of Hale library. Most people meet each other in a certain class or just end up bumping into each other while running around their dorm! There's also lots of connections, because your friends tend to know other people, which you may end up just finding your bestest bud among them. If I'm awake at 2am in the morning, then I'm either finishing up on a homework assignment, watching an old classic or hanging out in the lobby with my friends while listening to music and working on a paper. Sometimes I'll be out doing karaoke with one of my coolest friends, then going out for some Sonic tatertots afterwards. It really just depends on my work load, or if I have to get up before the sun rises and shines.

Athletic events are the shit! Everyone has a blast. It is what the week is centered around. Who cares if you have a test there is a game in town! I met my closest friends at football games and in the dorms. People party a lot. Beer pong can be found everywhere! House parties are the best for the under 21 crowd and everyone else goes to Aggieville. If you don't drink, there is a movie theater, Union programs, Dollar movies, Tads snow cone place, any of the lookouts to go get some or just enjoy a good view, or just make your own fun (game nights, etc.). Sororities and Frats are pretty popular I guess. I'm not involved. Some of my friends are though. Everyone either has a really positive attitude about them or a negative attitude. When asked are you Greek most of my friends answer HELL NO, but oh well. Off campus I go to church, shop, go to Walmart, tutor kids, and go to the lookouts.

Barbara

The two close friends I made at KSU I met in classes. Thursday is usually party night in Manhattan. If you are up at 2am on a Tuesday, chances are you are cramming! Fraternities and Sororities make the world go round. I assume most colleges are that way... Not all of them fit the stereotype but 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of them do. If you want an intelligent conversation, those people won't be the ones to talk to to find it.

Rachelle

Greek Life is huge. Get involved in everything you can, but when I say get involved I mean be active in the organization you join! In the dorms peoples doors are always open you meet your future roommates there, your bestfriends, your party friends, and tons of people. You will never be bored. Living off campus is also great, you will get to know all the ohter students living around you and will end up doing things together. Athletics events are huge! The dating scene is good. People are doing something every night of the week and 24 hours a day! Its soooo much fun!!

Some of the dorms are more social than others, for various reasons. Still, I think that living in the residence halls is key for new students, regardless of age. No, they may not be as nice as an apartment or house or offer as much privacy, but this is how I have met many of my friends that I still spend time with today.

Aggieville. McCain series and Landon lectures are great shows and speakers.

the most popular groups and organizations on campus are the frats and sororities and Navigators. i am a member or Kappa Delta sorority and i love it. the frats and sororities give you a place to belong and an instant large group of friends that do a lot of the same things that you do. Navigators is and on campus youth group that meets every thursday night somewhere on campus. a lot of people party every weekend but its not a big deal if you dont and majority of the time people usually pick one night on the weekend to party hard and then just chill the rest of the weekend.

Social life was amazing. So many friends and partys. the frat life os fun but its going more strict and lowering the fun.

Dodgeball Club-Tuesday nights 9-11 p.m. Be there!

The greek system at K State is very strong, a lot of the undergrad population is a part of fraternities/sororities. Football games are a must! Can't beat Aggieville if you're over 21!