Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

When talking to my friends about Kansas State University, the thing i most brag about is its prominence and prestige on the national level. The university ranks first in the nation among all state universities in its total number of Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater, and Udall scholars since 1986. Several of its colleges, including the college of Engineering, rank in the top ten nationally. While providing the very best education, K-State also offers plenty of opportunities to unwind by supporting it's sports teams or enjoying the many attractions of Manhattan.

I chose K-State for its architecture program, so I often brag about how high K-State is ranked nationally among architecture programs. The thing that has surprised me most, however, is how intimate and connected I feel despite K-State's size. I visited other big schools, and I just felt so insignificant. Here, with relatively small classes, especiailly in architecture, and so many opportunities to get involved and become active, I don't feel overwhelmed. But most of all, of course, it's always fun to brag about our sports teams success whenever I get the chance.

Definitly the people! The staff, students, and leaders on campus are amazing. All of my teachers have been fantastic, including GTA's, Professors, and Doctors. Not to mention the outstanding level of education they provide. The students seem to always be in a good mood and KSU has been refered to as the "Happy Purple Place" by many. Lastly, the staff are always happy to answer questions and help you find your way. It is a safe community and really has everything a college can offer. I can't say enough good things about Kansas State University.

As a native Kansan you are raised to cheer Jayhawk or Wildcat. I was raised a Jayhawk, but with out a doubt, I brag about attending Kansas State University and being a Wildcat. I have felt welcomed and proud to be at this university since the moment I arrived. There are always going to be differences between myself and any institution, but my campus has always been accepting and willing to improve or adapt based on my needs. I am thankful for the education I receive and the professional development opportunities that are consistenly offered.

I brag about the quality; the quality of people, the education, the sporting events, the pride, and the fun. I'm from a very small town in rural western Kansas, and the quality of just nice people who are always available at KSU amazes me. It's a decently large, diverse campus with many different characters, but there's still a huge emphasis on doing good and right to everybody in this world. The morals and quality of everything you recieve on campus extend into the Manhattan community. It's just a good place to be!

I brag about the kindness of the students and faculty. The are always willing to take the extra step to helping you. Whether its finding scholarships like this one, or taking you exactly to your next scheduled class. They constantly set up tables throughout campus to help you figure out where you need to go. The staff is willing to look around to help you find what you need. Even personally introducing you to someone who can help. It is truly the friendliest campus in the world.

KSU is a great campus with friendly students, everyone is courteous and helpful. The engineering department has doctors and professors that are involved in activities with students and reflect with cordial understanding of an individual being away from home. My Freshman year has been a living and learning process, but in all KSU is a great learning environment. KSU activities are a must to attend the football and basketball games, the basketball team is experiencing a great year.

Kansas State University is the happiest college in the world, and it is because everyone has a home at K-State, a place where they belong. There are so many majors and minors, you are almost guaranteed to find an academic interest to study, and the numerous student organizations offer a social life specific to one's interests as well. There is a general pride among the students and faculty for being a part of the K-State community, and everyone is generally happy to be there.

I brag about the 'small town' feel. It is a Division 1 University and it feels like you're learning right next door to home. The classes are big but the professors make you feel like you are in a small classroom and being taught one on one. Going from a small high school to this big university, I figured would be an awful change but it has turned out to be a great one. I brag so much about how I genuinely love going to class because I feel like it is JUST for me.

The school spirit at Kansas State is awesome! Everyone is supportive of school teams and school functions. Because of the small town atmosphere, the students of Kansas State are backing up all the different organizations and possesses as much pride as any college can. Everyone knows how to have a good time and include everyone in everything. You will make a lot of friends for a lifetime if you go to Kansas State University and make many memories with friends.