Kansas State University Top Questions

Teresa

My school is quite awesome its so comfortable being in it its like u av the whole freedom in it

Seth

Was great

Kansas State University so far is still new to me. There is so many places on campus that when I'm walking around, I just want to go on an adventure. Its cool to see students studying, sleeping, or chilling in a hammocks from a trees. The only thing I don't like is that they give out 15,000 parking passes that you pay for, but there is only 13,000 parking spots in the garage. So it is always a hassle to drive up to the garage and see that the student section is full. But I try and put a spin on it that its better for me to walk, I need the exercise. Hale library is where I spend a lot of my time. Because of living 25 miles away when I'm in town, I got to stay in town, to save gas. So I work on homework and read in Hale.(sometimes sleep) I've also heard this complaints from a lot of off campus students. Well from what I've heard from other people is that K state is a prestige college to attend. that there are many degrees and majors to choose from. Also that the campus is cool and buildings very interesting. now I see what they are talking about. The best class I'm taking is University Experience where they teach you about all the resources and help around campus. The teachers are very helpful and I've learned a lot from them. Overall I like my school and would like it better when graduation comes to have a low loan payment.

I love Kansas State University. It is one of the best choices that I could have ever made. The teachers know what they are teaching and are good at expecting the best from us as students. I love the atmosphere of the school and the "family" and that not one person who lives here in Manhattan is left out of the family.

McKenizie

A friendly and nice campus. With a very active student life.

Xinchi

Very nice university overall.

My overall opinion of K-State is that it is just right for me. The campus is beautiful and it's the perfect size. Even though I am not yet twenty-one I still enjoy going to Aggieville. It has bars, restaurants, places to shop and tattoo parlors. One of the best aspects of going to K-State is Fake Patty's Day. There is a parade every year and every student likes to participate in the day's activities. The only complaint I've really heard around campus is the lack of parking. The great thing about the schools location is that it is possible to walk to class from the dorms and the houses that surround the campus.

I've never heard of a college as friendly, welcoming, and motivated as Kansas State. I came here from Illinois, and I didn't know a thing about it actually, after one week and all the new friends I made, I fell in love. I wouldn't choose any other school. Kansas State is the perfect size, not too big, but not too small where you run into people you don't wanna see.

Kansas State is great in a lot of ways. For one it is a big school but because it is so compact it doesn't feel big. Just walking from building to building I constantly run into people I know and never feel like I'm just one of the thousands on campus. I also love our school pride. Any given day of the week you will see purple K State shirts all over the place where at other schools you will only see them on game days. We at K State love our school and are not afraid to show it. I even where purple shirts when I go home, and I live in Lawrence home of the Jayhawks. Go Wildcats!

Kansas State University is in the center of a town we Wildcats like to call "Manhappiness." Nestled in between the Flint Hills, Manhattan is the perfect sized college town, with plenty to do...it's an amazing place that anyone would be proud to call home. K-State's campus is a great size - you can walk from end to end in 10 minutes! - and the people here are the friendliest you will find. We pride ourselves on being dedicated to making everyone here feel welcome and a part of our K-State family. Not only that, but personalizing each students experience so that they can get the most out of college is our administration's top priority. Beyond that, our school pride is off the charts and on any given day, not just game days, there is no shortage of purple on campus...we bleed purple!!!

Arkady

I feel like Kansas State University is the ideal college for me. While there are a few things I do not like such as parking issues, predominately online classes, and the community bathrooms in the dorms, there are plenty of things that I love about K-State. First of all, I love that the entire town of Manhattan shows their purple pride during football season. You cannot go out on a Saturday in the fall without seeing purple in every store, restaurant, and street you go past. It's a great atmosphere to be a part of. K-State is your definition of a college town. Most people in Manhattan are students at Kansas State, there are other people, but they all seem to be Wildcat fans anyways. There's always something to do at K-State, plenty of events at the student union, clubs to join, and classes to take. It's a very social and friendly campus. I couldn't be happier with my college choice. .

Kassi

Something I love about Kansas State University has to be the people. Just about everybody you run in to are extremely respectful and helpful, whether you simply pass them or ask for help trying to find a building. It is a pretty big school with over 20,000 students, but I really like big schools. K-State, however, does not feel like a big school. Most of the professors are willing to sit down with students individually and help them achieve their goals. Students are not simply labeled as a statistic. I don't think I would change anything about it. Personally, I don't have one specific place I spend the most time at. I go to class, study in my dorm room or the library, hang out with friends all around campus, go to meetings for different organizations and clubs I'm involved in, etc. People definitely know where Kansas State is and understand that it is a college town. On the weekends, "Aggieville" (where a lot of restaurants and bars are) is booming with business. However, campus also has many people buzzing around with all the different activities and opportunities going on. The school administration always has events planned and are knowledgable about students' requirements for their degree programs. There has been a lot of talk about the amount of scholarships available this year. Of course, the biggest controversy on campus is all about whether K-State is going to beat KU in basketball this year. K-State has an extreme amount of school pride. Every game has fierce wildcat fans screaming and cheering with purple across their faces and bodies, both paint and T-shirts. It's awesome. One experience I'll never forget is my first football game I ever went to. There was so much school pride and support for the team that it simply blew me away. Something unusual about K-State is the architecture of just about every building on campus. Most of them look like castles. The first time I visited campus I thought that maybe I had accidentally stepped into the world of Harry Potter. It's pretty awesome. What do students complain about at K-State? I would have to say how awesome it is. Or maybe that they have a 7:30 class in the morning they don't want to go to.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Kansas State University. The atmosphere is fantastic. Welcoming people and a safe environment. I have yet to have a less than amazing teacher, be it Doctor, Professor, or GTA. All the staff are willing to help you in any way they can and seem to love to come to work each day. We have many student work opportunities on campus and there are over 250 clubs to get involved in. I would say the size of KSU is just right. We have between 25 and 30 thousand students in a town of about 50,000 residents. You could say its the perfect college town. Campus isn't too spread out and you can get to any building in about ten minutes of walking. I believe that Kansas State has a great reputation of being the "happy purple place" and is very distinguished in their academics. We have one of the top Architecture and Interior Design Programs in the nation. We also have a very strong ROTC program and programs like aviation that not all schools offer. So weather you know exactly what program you want or if you are completely undecided, Kansas State has an abundance to offer you. The sports are also amazing! We have a very large showing at both Football and Basketball games. Our student tickets go wicked fast once they begin to sell and that is do to two reasons. One, we are treated like royalty by KSU. We get the best seats in the house at both sporting events, fifty yard line and half court. The other reason they sell so hot is that we have so much schools spirit. If you arn't at the game losing your voice cheering you are at a watch party cheering so loud you would think those at the game could here you through the tv. The place I probably spend most of my time on campus tho is the music building. We have an awesome music and dance department that keeps us busy with attending recitals and performances that heighten our drive to do what we love. I also love having coffee dates with my friends at Caribou in the Union or talking walks through campus down to Aggieville for dinner or shopping. I have been here for two years and have truthfully only heard on one altracation that happened on campus at night, other than that it is very common to feel very safe on this campus. I have had casual conversations with our campus night security about their duties and didn't even know that all freshman year they wandered our dorms at night making sure we were safe. I never even knew they were there. We also have blue lights all over campus and if you press one they will be there in a flash. Even if you just don't feel comfortable walking at night someone will come walk with you to where ever you are going. Kansas State University takes pride in everything they do and strive to make our college experience the best that it can possibly be.

Kameron

The university is a very friendly campus and shows a lot of school spirit for sports.

Kansas State University is a great school. The best thing it has to offer is its education. The professors care about their students and the courses offer a satisfying challenge that develop a good work ethic. The size of the school is ideal: not too big to the point where one would feel like just another number, but not too small where everyone knows everyone. The school is in a wonderful college town with lots of places to eat, movie theater, bowling alley, mall, and more. The sports teams at KSU are excellent and there is a lot of school pride. A lot of students spend most of their time at the gigantic Hale Library, perfect for studying and relaxing, or the Student Union, which includes restaurants like Panda Express and Taco Bell, a bowling alley, and even ATMs through a variety of banks (a feature that isn't always considered when choosing a college, but turns out to be extremely convenient). All in all, KSU is an exceptional place.

Dani

I cannot imagine being anywhere else besides Kansas State University. There is a sense of pride and school spirit in every classroom and people respect the school, teachers and fellow students. K-State is a large school, but with a small-town feel. Located in Manhattan, KS, most of the businesses revolve around the school itself. As a senior in high school, I visited the campus on a formal campus tour day and was surprised at how friendly the students and administrators were. Every one seemed to take interest in my involvement and were willing to answer any of my questions. If you are looking for a school with strong academics and a lot of school pride K-State is the place to go! We have a strong football and basketball team and we are a recognized university across the nation. Our most recent publicized controversy was the debate between EMAW and EPAW (Every Man A Wildcat vs. Every Person A Wildcat) and the creation of EcoKat. These two topics were discussed on large news networks but at times, were taken out of context. EMAW has been a continuing traditional slogan for many years and a small number of people involved in K-State felt it was sexist. The idea was that the word "man" did not include women, therefore should be changed to "person". The news portrayed the debate making it seem as though all women were against the use of EMAW, when in fact many discussions in my classes found that most students didn't mind the use of EMAW because it was a tradition. EcoKat was suppose to be a mascot to promote "going green" on campus, but when EcoKat was shown in a picture next to the mascot "Willie the Wildcat" people assumed it was a new athletics mascot. There was a lot of controversy because EcoKat was a girl and this was around the same time as EMAW and EPAW. Eventually, the idea of EcoKat flourished and no one likes to speak of the topic.

The amount of school pride is awesome, K-State students love our school. I can walk across the campus, although it is relatively large in numbers it is planned in such a way that I never spend more than ten minutes walking to any part of campus. One negative thing that people on the west side of campus complain about is the smell of livestock on Sunday afternoons, although a little unpleasant, it's really not that bad. I believe the school's administration does a great job; athletics events are always a blast. For those students of legal drinking age, aggieville is close by and well loved by upper classmen.

Reed

When I started my college search K-State wasn't at the top of my list. But after visiting campus and seeing the town, I knew it was the right choice. To start with, the administration and faculty work hard to make sure that K-State is a student centered university and that students get to play a role in the direction it goes. Not only does this provide students with valuable experience, but it instills a great sense of pride among the student body. The town of Manhattan is a perfect college town. K-State is the heartbeat of this community. With great athletics and a district like Aggieville, you can't ask for a much better place to live. Even with more than 23,00 students on campus, K-State gives students a small college feel with a large university experience. Campus is beautiful and easy to get around.

k-state is the best! there is a lot of school pride, wonderful academic programs, a lot of clubs or organizations to join, nice dorms, great campus to walk through, great security and a great town!

Lynnsey

K-State is a diverse, laid-back school with a lot of school pride. Everywhere you go you see purple, which is the school's color. Football is a big deal at K-State, and our football team is well-known. Furthermore, the school has grown in size, but hasn't become too big. I would say the size of the school is just right. As a new student at K-State, it is easy to meet people because there are so many things to get involved in, and people are so friendly. Just by walking to class, people you don't even know will smile at you. Many students have a hard time their first year being away from home, but students will have a hard time their first year anywhere. I, myself, got very homesick my first year away from home, but by the time the second year rolled around, I felt like I wanted to stay there forever. Last, anyone who attends K-State knows that they are living in a typical "college town." Right next to campus you will find Aggieville, which is two streets worth of bars and shops. Once you are 21, you can go out in Aggieville and bar hop. Sometimes, a couple bars also have "minor nights." K-State also has a big Greek system for anyone interested in joining a fraternity or sorority. However, not everyone in this college town is big on partying, so whether you are big on partying or not, you will be able to find that right group of friends you are looking for. For one of the Big 12 public schools, K-State has amazing academics as well.

Lynnsey

Kirstin

Kansas State sort of "saved" me. I was a transfer student so I had a lot of emotions and complications with my transfer. I thought K-State would be too big, but it ended up being something I enjoyed. The atmosphere was something I really enjoyed! Plus, I was opened up to a numerous amount of cultures that I did not know much about. I lived in the residence halls for 3 semesters and loved it! It was a wonderful stepping stone for getting used to the university and I worked at the front desk for a year, too. A wonderful experience. K-State sort of is a college town, but not like my previous school. There is more to Manhattan than just the university, but most Manhattan residents thoroughly support the Wildcats :) Just more pride in "the hat." There are clubs for everyone, organizations, activities, anything you can really think of (and if we somehow don't have it, make it!). It is so easy to get involved and meet people! K-State also has a strong Greek Life, another way for people to get involved! I will always remember giving tours of residence halls and helping people understand and figure out if K-State is right for them. I love helping people through the process, as I know how troubled I was.

Ever since I took my first step on campus as a freshman on the KSU campus in Manhattan, KS, it has been associated with pure happiness for me. From the pride and friendliness of students to the small town feel of Manhattan, I knew it was the right place to be. The location and size of the town is perfect. Close to Kansas City and other major towns, an urban environment isn't far away. However, there are ample shopping opportunities inside town to suit the needs of residents.

Kansas State University is a very opportunistic campus. With over 475 clubs and organizations, nearly 24,000 students, and 9 different colleges it is very easy for students to find their niche. The K-State campus is also very student lead and driven, students are easily able to voice their opinions and make a difference for the future of their campus. K-State has also been voted as the safest campus in the Big 12. I believe that Kansas State University has a place for everyone within the Wildcat family. K-State's campus is in the middle of Manhattan, KS, a true college town. Everyone in Manhattan bleeds purple which is very visible on game days. Kansas State University is also a very well recognized university for academics and involvement. I believe this is one of the nations best universities across the board. K-State offers a great community for students to feel comfortable yet it also has the academic programs and professors that drive students to succeed within their academics. I have never been to a friendlier campus, the faculty and campus feel makes it seem as if you are the only student they are worried about and as a student you get that feeling day in, day out.

Kansas State University is a very opportunistic campus. With over 475 clubs and organizations, nearly 24,000 students, and 9 different colleges it is very easy for students to find their niche. The K-State campus is also very student lead and driven, students are easily able to voice their opinions and make a difference for the future of their campus. I believe that Kansas State University has a place for everyone within the Wildcat family. K-State's campus is in the middle of Manhattan, KS, a true college town. Everyone in Manhattan bleeds purple which is very visible on game days. Kansas State University is also a very well recognized university for academics and involvement. I believe this is one of the nations best universities across the board. K-State offers a great community for students to feel comfortable yet it also has the academic programs and professors that drive students to succeed within their academics. I have never been to a friendlier campus, the faculty and campus feel makes it seem as if you are the only student they are worried about and as a student you get that feeling day in, day out.

Kansas State University is a very opportunistic campus. With over 475 clubs and organizations, nearly 24,000 students, and 9 different colleges it is very easy for students to find their niche. The K-State campus is also very students lead and driven, students are easily able to voice their opinions and make a difference for the future of their campus. I believe that Kansas State University has a place for everyone within the Wildcat family. K-State's campus is in the middle of Manhattan, KS, a true college town. Everyone in Manhattan bleeds purple which is very visible on game days. Kansas State University is also a very well recognized university for academics.

Nikita

I love Kansas State University. Everyone here is really friendly and the staff is really helpful! I wouldn't change anything about this place! The school pride is phenomenal here, and so far no controversy against my school has come up. One experience that I will always remember would be going to my first K-State football game!

Coming from out-of-state, I get asked the questions, "Why did you pick K-State" quite often. Though I am asked regularly, my answer is rarely the same because there are many things I like about K-State. The fact that it is a larger university and I can still find everything in the town, and see friends on campus while walking to class is one of the biggest perks to the school. One of my friends just visited from UNL (University of Nebraska at Lincoln) and said, "I know Huskers are proud in their school and the color red, but I think K-State has us beat. I keep seeing purple everywhere I go in this town." That statement is exactly right, the pride of the school does not stop at the edges of campus, the entire town represents the Wildcats and I love the feeling of that.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about K-State is school pride. There is an immense amount of Purple Pride going on in Manhattan, Kansas. One might say, "Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat." And it's true; once you become a student here, you'll love your Cats forever. Aggieville, which is the heart of Manhattan, along with campus, is a great place to get your school spirit on. There are several restaurants and bars, old and new, packed into a cozy square mile, and everywhere you look you'll see fans and students sporting their purple, all pumped up for the football game that night. Manhattan has a close-knit community feel, and every student can feel right at home at KSU. Manhattan is definitely the ultimate college town. As mentioned above, Aggieville is the center of all the action. It's where everyone goes to meet their friends, grab something to eat, or shop a little. Just driving down the brick roads in Manhattan, you'll see students out on their lawns playing games and enjoying the weekend. Most of the houses that are occupied by students are very old, but this gives them character. During Christmas, you'll see houses with tacky Christmas lights, spelling out "EMAW" (Every Man A Wildcat) on rooftops. Manhattan is defined by Kansas State. Honestly, the only student complaint that I can think of is the parking situation on campus. With the rapid growth in the number of enrolled students each year, our parking lots seemingly get smaller and smaller. It can be very frustrating at times, especially when you're running late to class (assuming you live off campus and drive to class), and there are no parking spots available. Additionally, the cost to purchase a parking pass is pretty hefty. On top of all the other tuition fees, a parking pass is around $100. Other than the parking inconvenience, however, there's not much to complain about!

K-State is so much fun, because everyone gets into the Wildcat Spirit! The purple pride that we all have in the sports teams and the KSU clubs gives everyone a sense of unity on campus. Game days, especially, are very exciting because you feel as if you're a part of the action!

Joel

To really experience the "College town" her in Manhattan, I feel one should consider going Greek. The Greek community plays a huge part in the planning of Campus Events, Community Service, and Philanthropy. Having a large social network also adds to the bar experience in Aggieville. Once an Individual is twenty one, he has a large group of friends to both socialize with and be accountable for. I lived in the dorms for my first semester and then pledged a Fraternity. It majorly enhanced my experience. On the same note though, it is possible to form a large social group in dormitory life, but so much time was spent not breaking rules we found it easier just to mill around. Even though campus isn't as bright and lively as others, but purple is EVERYwhere. School pride here runs deep. I'll always remember my first semester as a pledge. I loved every second of my time with my pledge brothers. Probably the most heard complaint is about the age of the buidings, but they are starting to update a lot of them. It's becoming a better campus every day.

Personally, for me the best thing about K-State is the Disability Support Services. The staff at D.S.S. are very helpful, and friendly. Their main goal and purpose is to have students succeed at K-State no matter what type of disability they have. The accommodations for students with disabilities is amazing here at K-State, it's also very handicapped friendly, if there is a particular building that is not well equipped for handicapped students the staff at D.S.S. will take this information to the board and implement a plan to remedy the issue. K-State is located in the heart of Manhattan, Kansas. I would describe Manhattan very much as a "college town", in our community we have die hard fans, not only in Manhattan but spread out throughout Kansas. When I tell people I go to K-State I am told often that I'm at a great school, and I truly believe I am. Students here have extreme pride for our school and it shows, not just on campus but all over town. We also have extreme pride in our sports teams, and will travel near and far to support them. K-State has a wide range of majors and is known for its excellent veterinarian program. If incoming students are unsure of what they want to major in, there is staff to help them decided, or at least give them an idea of what is available for their particular interests. The one thing I will honestly always remember is getting my acceptance letter, I have always dreamed about going to K-State and when I was accepted literally my dreams came true, I love K-State!!!!

Kansas State is a truly great school in a lovely atmosphere. Originally from Kansas City though have studied in rural Kansas, I have experienced life both in the city and country and can happily say I have found the perfect medium. There's everything you need to call it a city, plenty of shopping, a plethora of grocery stores, some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at, and quiet coffeeshops. Manhattan is a great place to live. At night, if you want to go out, there are dozens of places to choose from for anyone. So location is really golden to me. K-State pride is seen everywhere in Manhattan, especially during football and basketball seasons.

Reese

I have nothing but good things to say about Kansas State University. Kansas State gives any student an at home feel. Manhattan, KS is small enough to where people don't get lost and big enough to where people don't get bored! Our campus is awesome! Unlike most large colleges, our buildings on campus are in very close quarters to each other. In a matter of 15-20 minutes you can walk from one end of campus to the other. Yes, I said walk! A bus service isn't required to make it to class on time! The staff at Kansas State is great as well. Each student has the opportunity to have a personal relationship with their academic advisors. Advisors are there for their students whenever one would need them. It's always nice to know that when you go into a meeting with your advisor that they know exactly who you are, unlike most large colleges. My favorite thing of all about Kansas State is the student spirit. K-State students are also die-hard fans of K-State sporting events. The student section is always full of students whether it is basketball, football, volleyball, etc. Finally the opportunity to make new friends and "real world" connections is endless. People at K-State truly care about the experience a student receives!

Siniva

A prominent stereotype of students here at Kansas State University is that they are very "preppy" and "snobby." I do not believe this stereotype accurately depicts the vast variety of students that make up K-State. Yes, there is an undeniable abundance of sororities and fraternities here but that has no direct correlation with being stuck-up or snobby. Many of those involved in these organizations are actually some of the nicest, down-to-earth students we have on campus. Of course, you may come across some stuck-up individuals but here those are few and far between, as the majority of K-States community are very out-going and friendly individuals who want to get degrees and have fun.

sarah

The best thing about Kansas State is the way everyone bonds. We are a family here. Although it has thousands of students, its so easy to get connected in something that you are interested: from band, to a favorite coffee shop to the greek community to honor clubs-- they are all great! I love the beautiful campus. Nothing is too far away. You can walk everywhere, but you can also drive if you want. Shopping is close by too. It has a small town and big town feel at the same time. When I tell people I go to Kansas State, they often say "I hope I can go there, or I wish I could go there." I spend most of my time in my studio for interior design, and I love the people in my major. We are like a family. And the professors sincerely care about your learning. They are on top of their work and take it seriously. One experience I will never forget was finals week and the library was packed. A rave was planned and thousands of students bombarded the library for 30 minutes with dancing and loud music. It was so big, the campus police had to coordinate with it. Then it was back to the books.

The best thing about Kansas State University is definitely the friendly people! I have visited so many colleges before, but KSU has the best atmosphere by far! The students are nice, the faculty are helpful, and the whole school just looks like a fairytale castle! (limestone buildings ;P) Plus there is ALWAYS something going on at K-state or in Manhattan. Whoever tells you otherwise, hasn't been paying attention to any of the signs posted on campus! The K-state Union hosts a $1 movie every weekend, a $1 bowling night every monday, and has tons of speakers, magicians, comedians, musicians, etc. who come to our school for the sole purpose of entertaining! And the school also has activities throughout the year such as the Ag. Watermelon Feed, Family Day, and other activities hosted by the colleges on campus. In Manhattan, we have a mall (Lawrence can't say that! lol), the Sunset Zoo, the Carmike Theatres, a local park, Aggieville, an insect zoo, and an ice rink! The town also has an annual "Little Apple" parade which KSU takes part in. And don't forget the awesome football games! Where's the team spirit people!? HERE! K-state has got to have the BEST school spirit! Purple everywhere! (If you don't like purple at the beginning of the year....at the end, I guarantee you will have a drawer full of k-state shirts!) K-state has so much available for students to partake in!

Travis

One of the greatest things about KSU is the friendly nature of it's students. Making new friends on campus is as easy as smiling and saying "Hello!" The students and faculty on both campuses are eager to help you out with any kind of problem, and are very easy to get along with. The only thing I would change on main campus would have to be how good, and available the food is. Seriously, I gained 25 lbs. my first semester! The bakery in the bottom of Derby Dinning Center is killer! I fee like Salina's campus could use better food, and employ more student workers though. Heck, they could hire students to work in the kitchen and kill two birds with one stone! I personally spend tons of time in the libraries and the rec centers. Hale library on main campus has tons of books, great study coves, and ample couches, perfect for that cram session, nap break. I've found some pretty incredible out of print books in their stacks too! The Tech. Center Library in Salina has a lot of books on the topics that apply to the majors they offer, a good number of computers, and some decent furniture. The Salina library can get a little loud at times, making it an unpleasant place to nap. If that's the case though, the cafeteria is usually quieter and has big comfy booths, great for snoozing! The rec center on the Salina campus is awesome, the facility is large enough that we sometimes have baseball practice inside of it! The rec has a social aspect to it, the place is never crowded, but there are always people there. The administration at K-State Salina is incredible, and are constantly striving towards the growth and improvement of our campus! If a K-State Salina student has something to say, the administration not only listens, but if it is feasible and productive, acts on it! Just the other day, I posted to Facebook about an issue I had with the cafeteria workers at lunch. Later that day a member of the administration I'm FB friends with told me, "Travis, I don't want you to think I'm spying on your Facebook page, but I saw your post about the cafeteria, and wanted to let you know that you weren't the only one I've heard that from. It's been taken care of." I haven't had an issue since! K-State is an amazing and friendly place, where you can not only engorge yourself on some heavenly sustenance, but also meet new people and have your voice heard!

When I first started looking at colleges my junior year of high school, I knew I wanted a larger school but I just didn't know how big. When I visited other universities, I felt so small and more like a number than ever. Campuses were spread out and to get around to different buildings took forever. I didn't know how the students did it. When I came to K-State , the campus felt much smaller than it is. It was hard to believe that it is a university by how compact the buildings are. I come from a smaller high school and around 15 people in my graduating class came here. I see them all on a regular basis even though I don't live with them. The size of K-State couldn't be more perfect because you get the benefits of a big university without the feeling of being just a number.

Everything about K-State is something that I enjoy being a part of. We have so many opportunities for students to develop their future goals and aspirations, but know how to create a fun and inviting atmosphere that is contagious to our students. Professors have the drive to want students to succeed, classes are enjoyable, and student life activities are endless. Student organizations help us meet new people and have a sense of belonging on campus. There is always something for the students to do, either on or off campus, and the experiences and friends you make while at K-State are priceless and last a lifetime.

Blair

While K-State has many outstanding aspects that make it a great University the overwhelming response from students I've talked to as to why they chose K-State over another school is the friendly, family atmosphere. K-State has a small town college feel on a large University scale; with over 23,500 students it's big enough to find whatever you're looking for but small enough to walk from one side of campus to the other in 10 minutes. Despite the minor disputes of EMAW/EPAW or whether or not Ekocat was a good choice the general demeanor of students is welcoming.

Lori

THe best part of K-State is how friendly everyone is. The faculty are more than willing to help you with about anything. I was really worried about not being able to keep up with some of the classes, but I found out that the teachers, grad students, and recitation instructors are there to help. There's also a million study and free tutoring opportunities. I spend a lot of my time in Hale library (I'm in engineering) and a lot on the practice field. I was in marching band during the fall and had a blast!! It helped me connect with upperclassmen and to really see all the school pride from the president on down to the youngest freshman.

The size of K-state if perfect. The student body is large but the campus is big enough to accomodate everyone but not so large that you can't walk to every class. No other school I've visited can compare when it comes to school spirit. On game days the campus is completely purple and the streets leading up to the stadium transforms into a sea of purple pride. While the town of Manhattan is not outstanding, the school makes up for it in every way. The student body is very close for it being so large. It's not unusual at all to pass by and have a conversation with the student body president, one other the football or basketball players, or even the dean.

Dani

K-state is the best school to go to if you're wanting to be accepted for who you are and live in a "chill" and friendly atmosphere. One thing i love...no on judges you. I spent most of my time on campus with my friends where ever we happened to be. We love the library, the Union to eat and see lots of people you know and in each others dorm roms. Manhattan is my "home" and when I went home home for breaks... I missed Manhattan more and more! I can definately say... I have met my lifetime friends, the girls who willl be my bridesmaid and possibly my future husband! The Greek life is AWESOME!! Meeting such amazing people makes it that much harder to go home for summer or winter break and being away from them for more than a few days! I count down the days until school starts!

Melania

At K-State you'd learn all you need with access to great resources but you will also write up some of the best years of your lfe. I can confidently say this because I spend all semester without seeing any of my family members and lifetime friends but I still feel I'm right where I should be and feel at home while I'm at it.

Chelsie

My most memorable experience is the toronado that hit 7/11/08. The toronado caused a lot of damage to Manhattan including the campus, but the community is pulling together to help each other. The fact that the people here are so kind and giving really left an impression.

People don't give K-state enough credit, especially when comparing it to KU. It's a lot of fun and there is a lot to do and get involved in. It is a really fun college town.

Connie

K-State had the most welcoming environment that I have ever seen. I could walk through campus and make 20 new friends, every single day. Although the school is rather large, the class sizes are not that big. My largest class only had 500 students, and that was in a very general math class. Also K-State has more pride for the students, the faculty, and the school as a whole that I have ever witnessed. The Greek system at K-State is one of the strongest in the nation, and on campus living creates an environment that is unparalleled.

Michaela

The best thing about K-State has got to be the people. Some of the nicest people I have ever met are people I met at K-State. Its just a friendly, comfortable environment. I would have to say that Manhattan is the epitome of a college town. Everyone that lives here eats, sleeps, and breathes K-State sports. I have never seen so much purple in my entire life! Its really great to be surrounded by so much school spirit and so many other people who love the school as much as you do. One experience I will always remember happened before I even attended K-State. I was there for my orientation and enrollment, and Dean Bosco was giving a speech. He is the reason I came to K-State in the first place! He loves this school with all his heart and he will tell you everything you would want to know. I wanted to come here because I wanted to love my school as much as Dean Bosco did, he is so inspirational. I couldn't wait to be a wildcat after hearing him speak.