Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

I would have to say that finding available parking on campus close to your building is the most frustrating thing a student at K-State would have to encounter! Parking passes are fairly costly and even when you have one, you still have to leave quite early to get to class on time if you live off campus. Things were worse my freshman year, but I didn't have to worry about parking when I lived on campus; since then however, K-State has built a parking garage that I used almost every day this past year!

Currently I've only been at K-State for about three weeks and quite frankly I have not found anything to be frustrating. I mean, I guess as a college freshman there could be one thing that could be considered 'frustrating' and that would be the community bathrooms. But really, they aren't even that bad. So other than that, there is nothing I've found frustrating about my university and I hope I never do. Kstate is the perfect university for many reasons, none of which are 'frustrating' to me.

The basic course classrooms (ie. English 100) were not up to date. Old radiators would clank and rattle during class. Each chair would creek with any type of movement. Basic biology laboratory courses were still doing techniques that were not in use anymore by anyone (industries, or research). In other words, the technology for the basic courses is behind. Although I can only speak for gen ed classes and basic biology and chemistry courses.

The frustrating part about being a student at KState was that, because I didn't grow up in the area, I felt like there were some inside jokes or some information that I wasn't privy to about the area - the history of the place, the fun things to do, stuff like that. It was easy to learn, though. I was also an "older student" there, so it was a little weird going to school with people who were ten years younger than I.

Kansas State University is truly a great institution, but the greatest disatisfaction that I have had here as a student has been talking with financial aid because sometimes it is unclear what exactly you need to due for certain scholarships, when aid is dispersed, when fees are due, and who you need to contact with questions you have regarding your aid.

Everyone, ok- not everyone, but a lot of students are just agriculture majors which is completely gainst my lifestyle. There aren't many people on this campus who share my views on a lot of subjects and there aren't enough people who share my work ethic toward school either. I also don't enjoy that the school is located in a tiny little town.

The only frustration a student can occur here at K-State is with one's self, because the faculty and staff works with each student. As long as the student is willing to work, then the faculty is work with the student. The frustration comes in when the student decides to procrastinate and everything beings to pile up.

As a transfer student, I thought that the transition would be easier. I haven't made as many friends as I had hoped. People here are fairly to extremely nice and easy to get along with. I'm living as a Junior in the Residence Halls with mostly freshmen, so the maturity isn't quite there as I had hoped.

There is a huge focus on sports and funding sports; meanwhile the academic portions are at times highly neglected. The school should also provide larger scholarships to students...as they promise, but fail to deliver. Yet, they will spend significant amounts to recruit basketball and football stars!

The most frustrating thing at K-State is the teacher to student ratio. Classes are so big that it is hard to get face time with your actual instructors. The teachers assistants and graduate students helping with the classes are great, but they are not the ones teaching the actuall class.