Kansas State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kansas State University

Seth

Great Experience both in class and out.

Mawi

Out of all the Universities I have visited, Kansas State offers a friendly campus environment with local coffee shops near and on campus, and short walking distances from the dorms to campus. Likewise, the professors as K -State are phenomenal. During my sophomore year, I was able to take a higher level English class from a professor who graduated from Oxford University and another with his phD from Harvard. Despite not being your typical college of choice, K-State offered me more than what I expected. Not to mention the Konza Prairie, Manhattan Hill, Top of the World, Flint Hills, and (even) Target give Manhattan its own unique characteristics.

Bryana

K-State is family. I have been to a lot of campuses and I can honestly say that this school has the best feeling or inclusion that I have seen. Not saying that we don’t have some work to do to make things even better but they are moving in the right direction

K-State has offered me many wonderful opportunities during my years here. K-State has helped me develop leadership skills and has given me opportunities to grow and find who I am as a person. The social scene allows for fun activities every weekend, as well as some weeknights, but there is also a strong academic community.

Its honestly not a bad University but it really could be better. There's no real guideline for instructors so you can get some serious bad luck and end up with an Instructor who has little to no experience. Seriously I ended up with a Calculus instructor who made mistakes almost every time as the students corrected her. An English instructor would claim she made announcements, and when asking other classmates they stated she never announced a dead line for our paper, also she never posted dead lines online on the university's student website tool (Canvas) thus leading to some clashing (debate) and lost, which resulted me feeling that my work was receiving biased evaluations from then on. I have quite a good list of instructors and professors that don't seem to have a grip on their teaching methods or are either too stubborn to see the flaws in their methods of teaching. Thus far I have only had 2 great Instructors out of 15 and had 1 horrendous professor out of 15. I'd have to say the environment for students is rather amazing. Campus is lively and fairly friendly so no complaints there. Overall it's mainly the lack of investment in trying to get good instructors to teach the classes. You'd think that a university would put a priority on the teaching department but it's not. Currently their priority is to raise funds for a campaign called Innovation and Inspiration and this campaign really has not mentioned bettering the education/teaching for students.

Janetta

It is a wonderful school. The class sizes are quite large. The construction has put a damper on getting food. It has as well made parking horrible. They should really add an underground parking lot so it won't take away from the beauty of the campus

Nick

Everywhere I walk on campus a sense of pride overwhelms me with everyone wearing purple. The school may appear big to people on the outside, but K-State feels like home. Everyone expresses their own opinions and works to create a better community not only for K-State, but for the whole Manhattan area. When people aren't voicing their opinions or spending times with friends everyone is in class. At first I felt overwhelmed going to my first lecture with over 200 students. But, with the recitations, where a graduate student, covers the material more in depth students are free to ask questions. Right now, I am a Freshman at Kansas State, studying Computer Science, and I feel at home here. When I am not in the dorms working on homework or playing videogames with friends I go to clubs. Especially being an engineer, there are so many clubs to choose from including: Game Development Club, Robotics, Board Game Club, Lacrosse, and hundreds of other clubs. First semester I joined the Kansas State Marching Band. Every single person is dedicated to creating perfection for the half time shows at football games. Football is a major deal at K-State where the crowd goes wild to see game. But, if you're not into sports you can make K-State into any type of place you want to live. You can create your own club or help with research with professors. Overall, Kansas State University provides a safe environment for students to grow all at your own pace. I have loved my first year here and I can't wait to see what the next three years have in store for me.

Meredith

Kansas State is a great school that offers a wide variety of learning and extracurricular activities. The campus is big but we still have the small-town/family feel. The surrounding shops and restaurants are one of the bests in the entire state. We know how to party on the weekends and still succeed in the classroom. There are lots of opportunities for internships and hands-on experience in all the fields. The school just built a new dorm and reinvented one of the cafeterias on campus. There is always a variety of food and you never leave hungry. The seating is modern and can accommodate a large group or if you want to dine and dash. The Jardine apartments are great for those that want some more independent living but can still be part of a community and be able to walk to school. I lived there my first year and loved how I could live on my own, but still be a part of community activities like finals week breakfast or pumpkin carving. KSU also is home to the Veterinary Health Center where you can take your pet (dog, cat, snake, bird, horse, etc.) in for top-notch care. There are a variety of outdoor activities, from hiking the prairie to kayaking down the river. Our on-campus gym offers lots of group classes with no judgement. You can get anyway in Manhattan in less than 15 minutes and find what you are looking for, no need to go to the next town. We also have our share of unique traditions (especially during football season) that you don’t want to miss.

Biancia

Kansas State University is a wonderful place. I always feel safe on campus, and if I don't there are resources I can easily access so I don't have to walk home alone at night. We truly are a big family, and I would recommend coming to K-State to anyone whom I know is interested. Of course we have our small issues, but other than that we're great. Campus is beautiful and the people are friendly. EMAW!

Bryn

I absolutely love it here and wouldn't imagine going anywhere else! I love that it is about our education but there are fun sides to it too. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities that you could be involved in and a award winning marching band! KSUMB Pride of Wildcatland!

Mary

Overall, K-State is a fantastic school! There are plenty of opportunities for all kinds of students to find the thing they love best. The best part about this school is that everyone is friendly towards each other and when we say we are a "family" we truly mean it.

Oen

Kansas State University is a good school. The campus is really lovely, and the students and faculty are really kind. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved on campus, as there is a wide arrangement of clubs and organizations to choose from. Manhattan itself doesn't have many obvious choices for off campus fun, but there are options if you're willing to look for them. The recreational center is the best part of campus! I'm pretty sure its the largest in the big 12, and it's really fun to get involved in group fitness classes or intramural sports. If you're a sports fan or an athlete, you'll thrive here!

Kylee

Kansas State is a very special place. Students are excited to be there, and in sharing this mutual excitement, there is a respect among students that is unheard of. I can walk across campus and guarantee that at least 5 strangers will smile and say hello. K-State is the best college in the nation, and we own Texas.

Isaac

K-State is an excellent college but is heavily influenced by ag and engineering. Totally a great atmosphere, but 2/5 people will be one of those two majors if not a combination of both. Social life is comfortable, and there are plenty of opportunities to have fun if you're willing to look.

Mursadeez

Kansas State University is a very good school , the environment is great and its a great school to go to when your really focused on your education. K-state makes me feel like home. On this campus , we are family and we care about one another especially if your involved in the school.

Kansas State University is an outstanding school that I have had nothing but great experiences with throughout my first semester of attendance. Nearly every person on campus, including students and professors, are kind, intelligent, helpful, and overall pleasant. I am a part of the Kansas State University Marching Pride of Wildcat Land (our marching band) and I have met so many incredible people, and learned so many incredible things. Throughout my classes I have been very satisfied and I have learned a lot about the subjects that I have signed up for. Signing up for classes, the enrollment process, and the people that help us get those things taken care of are all fantastic!

Aaron

I like the University, it took me a couple months to get fully adjusted and to understand what each professor is looking for. Unfortunately some professors are obviously more concerned with their research than helping their students learn and there are some unfair classes, but there are also some really good ones too.

Alex

I didn't want to go to college. I was afraid. I would have stayed at home with my family for the rest of my life if I could. But Kansas State made me family and I wouldn't have my life beginning any other place. I love the Purple and I believe in the purple.

Jillian

Great university! Very welcoming. The campus is beautiful and students can be involved. There is a lot of new building going on which tells me the university is thriving. There is a big mixture of cultures and nationalities on campus and for the most part students are very nice and approachable.

Sabre

I love being at KSU! The whole atmosphere is great for everyone, and it was pretty easy adjusting to college life. There are so many things that the campus does as well to help oncoming students adjust to their new situations. There are also plenty of resources that help you and are available to you for anything you have problems with. The teachers are regularly available and are always very happy to help you and answer questions you may have. Kansas State University is a very family oriented college, and they take it very seriously. Everyone is always looking out for one another.

Sydnee

Kansas State is Family. You here that in the classroom, as well as at a sports game. if you need help with something people are there to help you. The teachers are very supportive and the campus is gorgeous! Kansas State is like a home away from home because even if you don't know someone they will probably help you out.

Chelsey

I am a resident of Manhattan, Kansas. Since I was young, I have wanted to attend Kansas State University. The college offers a beautiful campus, with many opportunities. I have noticed that over the past ten years, the college has made many renovations to their buildings. They are famous for the limestone castle look. If one was to look at the front of the new football stadium, they would be amazed. Kansas State does not only care about their athletics, they care about their academics too. A new business building was built. The architecture is phenomenal on the big building. A new facility is also being built for animal science. The new buildings are perfect for the large amounts of students attending the college. I am currently attending a community college because I wanted to continue to play softball after high school. While I have lived in Manhattan, I have been exposed to K-State events. Sports, Aggieville, and the community make the University thrive in Manhattan. Manhattan is filled with purple on Saturdays for game days. Aggieville provides a handful of bars and unique shops to the community. There are many parades and events for everyone to attend. The most popular event of the year is fake patties day! The Community is a huge sponsor to the college. Many alumni are proud of the school and give back. The college has a reputation for the academics. The college is diverse in degree programs and I am excited to start my adventure there.

Whitney

I love it so much. I could not picture myself anywhere else. I am so happy and proud to be able to call Manhattan and especially K-State my home! The one thing that rises above all others, though, is the people here. Everybody at K-State makes you feel welcome and like you belong, from the students to the staff. There truly is a family aspect, even when you are not in Manhattan. You could run into a complete stranger half way across the world in a K-State shirt (trust me it HAS happened) and they will still have a quality conversation with you. The people are part of what make this place home to me.

Zanaiya

Kansas State University is a well rounded school when it comes to academics and sports. The on campus dorms are decent, but I've seen better. Wefald is the really nice dorm on campus. KSU is very friendly an easy to make friends, however the University has a slight issue with learning how to make minorities feel apart of the family, It has its ups and downs but it will give you that college experience that everyone dreams about.

Kansas State University is an amazing school from the outside and the inside. From the looks it seems pretty good in all basic areas, but you don't get to see how great of a school it is until you actually experience it. The campus is clean and is becoming extremely nice with the renovations that are happening. Everyone can't help but feel safe when on campus, which is a huge plus. The living places on and off campus are exceptionally nice. The community at K-State is something I would've never thought it would be, a giant family. Everyone says how much of a family K-State is but you don't really fully grasp that until you're actually experiencing it. The students are welcoming, while the staff and professors are friendly and inviting. Everyone is encouraging and motivates each other to do their absolute best. Kansas State University is one big family and the greatest college around.

Emma

THE BEST

Maria

I love K-State! Kansas State University has a beautiful campus and friendly atmosphere. There is still work to be done to get more diversity, but overall, college life at KSU is a blast! Dining hall food is pretty great and suites are quite spacious. Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese at the Varsity Food Truck on the Weekend? Yes! Pizza Shuttle Drop and other college traditions? Yes! Study abroad opportunities? Definitely! We have fat orange squirrels, a wonderful library, and everything goes down on the weekends. Whether party life is for you or not, we have it all here. Coffee shops and places to grab a bite and have a conversation, or clubs and events to attend for foam parties and our famous annual Fake Patty's Day.

Cynthia

Kansas State University is my second college to attend, I left my first for it and I am immensely happier because K-State is worth the higher cost, the education is high quality, part of the cost goes towards students' free recreational and gym opportunities, the campus is very friendly, politically and environmentally involved, and everyone can find somewhere to fit in. My roommate is highly introverted and is a civil engineer major and she took a leadership role this past spring in a Wind power club that her department sponsors. I have found my home within the computer science department where we have free tutoring, internship and TA opportunities, and a LAN party every other month. Our literature and public speaking department schedule regular speeches from guests who are authors, civil rights activists, other professors from different Universities, and community leaders. There are many recreational activities as well and some residence halls even have their own volleyball court, pool table, or basketball courts. Kansas State University has become my most favorite place to be and I feel I can call it my home more than my family's home from time to time. Switching to K-State was by far the best decision I ever made.

Austin

Kansas State University is the best college campus around! You will not find a better college culture. Everybody treats each other like family and you always feel safe. Sports are everything here but there are also many artistic opportunities around campus and around town. Overall, the best place to be!

Deb

KSU is the premier university in the state of Kansas!

Jenica

I really like it here, but some of the facilities could be better. It often feels like it's divided between people who love football, farm-kids, and everyone else, though. Sometimes it feels like they don't really listen and the administration feels removed and distant from the needs of teachers and students.

Muriel

KSU is filled with students with a strong work ethic; yet, they know when to enjoy our town and our teams. The students, faculty, and community is all bonded through the university and emphasize family and tradition. The instructors treat you as future colleagues so they are personable and accommodating. The student must be willing to contact them first though. The surrounding city has a friendly atmosphere, but there are not many stand-alone activities in town besides the bowling alley and the museum. However, there are many events and concerts through KSU and the city. There is a block of bars within walking distance of the stadium and campus. People will not judge you if you are Greek affiliated or not since everyone is there to learn about their career and themselves. I would recommend KSU if you like a more populated institution while maintaining a small town environment.

I gave Kansas State University five out of five stars because of the friendly atmosphere you feel while walking on campus. Everyone is willing to help you when in need and everywhere you look there is greenery. The facilities and housing were kept in great shape and cleaned regularly. The endless amount of opportunities on campus are greatly encouraging to give every student a chance to get involved. My class size seemed to be perfect to the way I learn and the teachers seemed to be willing to help every single student when they could. I don't think i could've got this good of experience anywhere else. I can not wait to go back to K-state next year!

Loagan

Love every second I am on campus and around Manhattan!

Danica

Horrible class schedules, no decent job opportunities, no parking, and you can’t use your financial aid towards books. Living off campus is expensive but all the places are not nice. Not a lot of places are pet friendly, but the college has a vet school. You feel trapped and there isn’t even a Quick Trip.

Sam

Kansas State University (Manhattan, Kansas) is an incredible school. I am very glad I chose to attend the school I am. Between the students, and the teachers, the campus and school feel like one big family. The activities and recreational services/athletics available are built for anyone and everyone.

Halle

I absolutely love Kansas State! It was nervous about the transition between my high school and college careers since I come from such a small town and am quite shy, but everyone here is super friendly and helpful, which made the transition very easy! I look forward to the rest of my academic and social life here at K-State.

Aliyah

I am in love with this school! Kansas state has been a part of my family and my life for over 20 years now as Manhattan is my hometown, and I would encourage anyone to begin or continue their education here. There is a broad spectrum of people and subjects that anyone can find a way to be enriched in.

I love K-State. Everyone is very friendly and are willing to help out. There are a ton of extra curriculars. All my professors have been extremely helpful and highly available. The university takes pride in academics, sports, band, and the family atmosphere. I feel very at home at K-State. The location is great as well. Manhattan is a great place to live.

Katie

I love Kansas State University with all of my heart. Everyone is so kind and you are definitely treated like family, which is something Kansas State is known for and very proud of. The classes are not too big and the professors are great. They have their office hours stated on the syllabus and are very easy to get a hold of. Living in the dorms is so much fun (the Strong Community is the best) and the food is not too bad, as far as college food goes. Everyone is super helpful and the campus is easy to navigate. With it's beautiful buildings and lovely landscaping, Kansas State is an enjoyable campus to walk around. This university is known for being an extremely safe campus. There are several "help buttons" placed around campus that send police to your location in case of an emergency. I would not want to attend any other university.

Danny

We have the happiest students in the country, and among the best campuses and college towns in the country. The division 1 sports culture here is outstanding, especially in football, and the community is welcoming, helpful, and frankly charming. K-State is overall a fantastic place of higher learning.

I would say my overall opinion of Kansas State University is great. Kansas State has classes that are in walking distance, great teachers and a wonderful looking campus. There is only one hill and that is not bad. During the winter it is so convenient for all the buildings to be close if you live on campus because you wouldnt go to class freezing.

Emmaline

Kansas State University is overall a great fit for me. Some of my favorite things include; the small town feel, teachers, and the sports environment. There is always something to do here, no matter what your scene is. I enjoy the farmer's market, shopping on poyntz, football, etc. There are also plenty of arts things going on, with shows, and musicals.

Jayson

I love the university. Everyone is always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. The campus is beautiful and everything is within walking distance. The professors are for the most part very willing to help, and are easy to contact when you have questions.

James

Kansas State University is a warm, welcoming community of people who genuinely care about each student's education. All of the professors make the students' success s priority and take a personal interest in them. The campus is beautifully manicured, and the dining centers are absolutely fantastic.

Michaela

Kansas State University is small compared to some other universities, but that's exactly why I enjoy it so much. Having a smaller campus helps make it feel as though everyone is a apart of the community, its hard to feel like you're an outsider when you're on campus or off. The students and faculty at K-state are all so friendly and inviting and have a lot of spirit for their school.

Fiona

I think K-State is definitely a proud Kansas school that cultivates a unique and welcoming culture for students of all backgrounds. There are numerous opportunities for involvement across campus from athletics to the arts; the facilities are also state-of-the-art and students are encouraged to succeed everywhere.

Joseph

Kansas state University is a great school to be a part of. I was very hesitant to go to college at first, but my mom made me at least go shadow colleges. I looked at KU first and that campus proved my point on why I didn't want to go to college. then, I went to KSU. I fell in love right away, I felt like I was home and the campus is all together and close. friendly people.

linruo

It is a wonderful university if you are enjoying study. I spend almost all my sparetime in library and Rec-center which are amazing place to have fun! The only think that I don't like is there is not much Chinese restaurants to fulfill my stomach. Overall, I love this beautiful town so much!

Sydney

I absolutely love Kansas State. There is a 'Family Atmosphere' that you will not get anywhere else! The professors within the programs are very helpful and are always eager to see you succeed. Manhattan is full of friendly people and I just believe that this is such a great place to be!