Honolulu, HI
Kapiolani Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kapiolani Community College

Ethan

I find this essay question rather hysterical because in my little spare time I often think about this. There is a long list of things I advice I would give myself as a high school senior on what to expect and prepare for in college life. The main piece of advice that always comes to mind is to learn how to take thorough notes during lectures. It is impossible to take notes word for word as the professor is speaking. When I try writing the notes in a shorter form, I often find the notes to be unclear and confusing. I have confidence that I will become much better at this as time goes on. However if I would have been better at this a high school senior, I would have a head start in my college career.

I moved from to minnesota to go to college here in Hawaii. I am sure that you know the weather in minnesota is currently undesirable at best. This being the case, I try my very best not to "brag" about my college experience in hawaii. I do inform them how great all of my professors are, and how my awesome professors do a great job of teaching me subjects of studies I once struggled with. I also tell them that my college has a beautiful campus that is a peaceful enviroment that is great to learn in.

justin-marc

i would tell myself the you would do grate in college .dont dout anything anyone tells you to do.yes you will have thoes time when you want to give up but its just a step in learning what you want to learn.you will make friends on the way and they would have your back they would help you out alot and dance take it you will love ityou just will have to study hard you will think that its hard but no. make sure you take the class's before it fills up be on time with that some paper are hard all you have to do is just ask just ask and someone will help you out .time manage its a good thing you know how to do it already it helps alot.and sleep when you can your going to be pulling some all nighters but you will pass. oh and the food in the cafe is a little on the high side so home lunch will help out alot trust me it will so i know you will do good , so good luck and have fun

a person that will givg up and any cost . person that dont take school seirous .that gose to school just to see there friends from high school. a person that would care less if they pass there class's. a person thats not open to try new thing's. a person that will not do there work .someone that would skip class to do other things . a person that just wouldent make the effert to study for a quize a person that just wont learn anything . someone that just is disrespectful and dont take wisdom from there eldors that person.

well i tell them that is a school that you will learn alot from. you will learn meny thing just by sitting in one place looking and hearing other people talk and you would want to take the class just because of what you heard or what you saw.that kcc is a very open school that you will make alot of friends and the class's is are awsome you learn from your teachers . you will pass your class's you can get help from your classmates .there is so much that you can do at kcc

Chanelle

Don't be afraid of college, have courage to be independent. Family and friends will always be your backbone, so don?t be afraid to rejected. Sometimes it takes a couple of fails to know how to achieve a goal, so just think positive and keep moving forward. Time is too precious to waste, being that all the money in the world can?t buy back any of it. Homework is for your benefit, it may not be lovely to do, however it?s lovely for your education. Your future needs your education, so be a good student do your assignments and turn them in on time. Don?t forget to take care of yourself, a healthy lifestyle is key to anything type of success, laying in bed sick for a week doesn?t benefit you, don?t let things like that hold you back. Lastly college is different, it?s not going to be like high school where you?re surrounded by friends; in college you?ll come across people that aren?t the greatest people in the world. So be positive keep your head up you have a lot to offer, don?t let the nonbelievers stop you.

For myself the worst thing about school is the distance. I reside in Waipahu, so KCC is a long journey. So getting to school is quite an adventure for me, because I choose to take the city bus. It takes almost 2 hrs to get to school and 2 busses to get to KCC.

I always brag about my professors, that they're very helpful and understanding. I was always told that college professors are straight forward and don't cut you any slack. However all of my professors are really kind and friendly, which I think is absolutely wonderful.

Chevelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to get as many scholarships as I can. During my senior year of high school, I didn;t take colle serious and I didn't really think about the cost. This would have been so helpful to me because I wouldn't have to worry about paying for college.

The best thing about my school is the degrees that they offer. They have a variety of degrees that many community colleges dont have. This is great for me because I cant affford to go to a university.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the distance I have to travel. It's far away from where I live and it takes me about an hour and a half to get there. I have to catch the bus everyday because if I was to drive it would be a waste on gas. I don't have money to pay for gas so the bus is my only alternative.

Tina

My school is one big melting pot of people, love, and education. It is one of a kind.

if I could go back in time I would tell myslef to never give up and to pursue all of my deams. You only live once and life is good.

The best thing about my school is the teachers and students. The teachers beacause they are so understanding and mdthods of teaching are great. They work really hard and should be recognized for it. The students because there is such a huge diversity of students, and so many new friends I can make. And everyone is so nice, it's great.

Sean

They are from all over the world.

They are from all over the world.

I would tell my former self to save money. College is expensive with tuition, books and supplies. I would also say to prepare for more and difficult assignments.

A person who is lazy or uncommitted. If you cannot put the effort in that is required, than you should not attend this school.

Lyanna

KCC is best known for its culinary and nursing field. It is the home for Culinary Institute of the Pacific, where they have their own resturant on campus and residence & students are able to go there. Even though it is a 2 year college, they offer an ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing). This is very good because after we recieve that certificate we are able to go to a 4 year university and work at the same time.

In highschool, you should search and shadow a few selected occupations that you want to do to see how the enviornment is like and to make sure that you want to be doing that for the rest of your life. This is very important because you do not want to waste money when you are in college, it is very expensive. Also, search for different colleges and get inquiries. Also, make you should start having good study skills because this will determine whether you get an A or F in college.

Anyone is able to attend this college. It does not matter if a person is bad in school because the professors and counslers are there to help them reach their goals. Also, there are many tutors on campus that are glad to help.

krystle

Dear Krystle, Make your senior the best high school, go hard. Get good grades, because in the end it will benefit you in the future. Follow your dreams, do things for yourself. Not for your parents sake, because in the end you'll be the one that will suffer. Always remember college is not easy, you need a lot of determination, but in the end you know it's all going to be worth it. Just remeber do your best always and you will succeed in life.

Mike

As the transition between high school and college sets in, you will need to learn three VERY IMPOTRTANT THINGS. Time management, punctuality, and discipline. Time management allows you to moderate the hours you study for midterms and exams and also complete the required homework in time. Also, you get to plan out when you can have fun with friends. Remember WORK HARD, PLAY HARD. Punctuality is a must for college and work. Being on time and ready for the day will always keep you on your toes and ready to start fresh for a brand new day. Discipline is the most important thing you need to master. Never procrastinate and always do the assignments and term papers even when it's two months away. You can even take it slowly and perfect it as each week goes by. By putting a lot of love in your assignments, you could get back a well deserved rich, fun future. Remember, YOU are the only one who can achieve your dreams. REMEMBER: PROCRASTINATION DOES NOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING.

The teachers and staff are very friendly and are willing to help you out if you are willing to put the effort. There is so such thing as an easy A class or teacher, they motivate you to learn on your own so you can apply in in your future professional career.

The most frustrating thing is that there is a limit of classes that we can take. For example, classes fill up fast and there are not enough teachers to teach some of my required courses. There is also the time factor when we are only available through a specific time of the day and have to work in the other time slot. This burdens multi-tasking students who plan to tackle both work and college.

Kapiolani Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.