Kapiolani Community College Top Questions

Gretchen

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are so many things that I could tell myself to change and to do differently. But in telling myself to do so would be changing the experiences I went through, the lessons I learned, and the person I became. I am proud of who I am today. I have made mistakes, and I have failed. I have fallen, and I have picked myself back up. It took a lot to get me to realize that school is important. But if I hadn't gone through the struggles that I did after graduating high school, I'm not sure that I would ever understand the real importance of having an education. I worked three jobs to keep a roof over my head, often going without food on the table. I will never go back to that, and that's because after those experiences, I have come to realize that education will lead to a career, which leads to better pay, and a better life for myself and for my family. So what would I tell my highschool self? I hope you're ready to make mistakes.

Ethan

I find this essay question rather hysterical because in my little spare time I often think about this. There is a long list of things I advice I would give myself as a high school senior on what to expect and prepare for in college life. The main piece of advice that always comes to mind is to learn how to take thorough notes during lectures. It is impossible to take notes word for word as the professor is speaking. When I try writing the notes in a shorter form, I often find the notes to be unclear and confusing. I have confidence that I will become much better at this as time goes on. However if I would have been better at this a high school senior, I would have a head start in my college career.

justin-marc

i would tell myself the you would do grate in college .dont dout anything anyone tells you to do.yes you will have thoes time when you want to give up but its just a step in learning what you want to learn.you will make friends on the way and they would have your back they would help you out alot and dance take it you will love ityou just will have to study hard you will think that its hard but no. make sure you take the class's before it fills up be on time with that some paper are hard all you have to do is just ask just ask and someone will help you out .time manage its a good thing you know how to do it already it helps alot.and sleep when you can your going to be pulling some all nighters but you will pass. oh and the food in the cafe is a little on the high side so home lunch will help out alot trust me it will so i know you will do good , so good luck and have fun

Chanelle

Don't be afraid of college, have courage to be independent. Family and friends will always be your backbone, so don?t be afraid to rejected. Sometimes it takes a couple of fails to know how to achieve a goal, so just think positive and keep moving forward. Time is too precious to waste, being that all the money in the world can?t buy back any of it. Homework is for your benefit, it may not be lovely to do, however it?s lovely for your education. Your future needs your education, so be a good student do your assignments and turn them in on time. Don?t forget to take care of yourself, a healthy lifestyle is key to anything type of success, laying in bed sick for a week doesn?t benefit you, don?t let things like that hold you back. Lastly college is different, it?s not going to be like high school where you?re surrounded by friends; in college you?ll come across people that aren?t the greatest people in the world. So be positive keep your head up you have a lot to offer, don?t let the nonbelievers stop you.

Chevelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to get as many scholarships as I can. During my senior year of high school, I didn;t take colle serious and I didn't really think about the cost. This would have been so helpful to me because I wouldn't have to worry about paying for college.

Tina

if I could go back in time I would tell myslef to never give up and to pursue all of my deams. You only live once and life is good.

I would tell my former self to save money. College is expensive with tuition, books and supplies. I would also say to prepare for more and difficult assignments.

Lyanna

In highschool, you should search and shadow a few selected occupations that you want to do to see how the enviornment is like and to make sure that you want to be doing that for the rest of your life. This is very important because you do not want to waste money when you are in college, it is very expensive. Also, search for different colleges and get inquiries. Also, make you should start having good study skills because this will determine whether you get an A or F in college.

krystle

Dear Krystle, Make your senior the best high school, go hard. Get good grades, because in the end it will benefit you in the future. Follow your dreams, do things for yourself. Not for your parents sake, because in the end you'll be the one that will suffer. Always remember college is not easy, you need a lot of determination, but in the end you know it's all going to be worth it. Just remeber do your best always and you will succeed in life.

As the transition between high school and college sets in, you will need to learn three VERY IMPOTRTANT THINGS. Time management, punctuality, and discipline. Time management allows you to moderate the hours you study for midterms and exams and also complete the required homework in time. Also, you get to plan out when you can have fun with friends. Remember WORK HARD, PLAY HARD. Punctuality is a must for college and work. Being on time and ready for the day will always keep you on your toes and ready to start fresh for a brand new day. Discipline is the most important thing you need to master. Never procrastinate and always do the assignments and term papers even when it's two months away. You can even take it slowly and perfect it as each week goes by. By putting a lot of love in your assignments, you could get back a well deserved rich, fun future. Remember, YOU are the only one who can achieve your dreams. REMEMBER: PROCRASTINATION DOES NOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING.