Kapiolani Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kapiolani Community College

Jaycelyn

This campus is a beautiful, and has a lot of things to do that is near by. Academics is well educated by intelligent professors. There is always help and tutoring for those in need. The food is excellent however, the pricing can be a bit high. The people there are very diverse and we also have great help classes, like for registration and fasfa.

My teachers were passionate for their subjects, gave each student equal treatment and made the homework understandable. It's superior campus and academic availability for different classes and majors made it more attractive to continue my education at than Hawaii Community College.

Katherine

It’s a good school. I would recommend it for younger students (18 years or older) and for older students or students who are also in the workforce. I also believe that this college has a good Hawaiian studies department. I would go here again to complete an associates of arts degree.

thao

it's good school to study and has more opportunities to meet a lot of foreign students

Leah

Kapi'olani Community College has such a beautiful campus! The instructors are easily accessible, class size is small, (my professors knew my name within the first couple weeks). There are lots of tables where you can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Krystal

I think that Kapiolani Community College is a great school to attend because of the great programs they offer and the wonderful counselors that work on campus. They have programs that help first year transitioning experience, which is why I love this school so much.

Melisa Fe

I was debating on giving it three stars instead of four stars. The reason behind choosing four stars instead is because of the professors. There are a few professors I've had in the past that weren't the best, but I could tell that they still did their job on teaching the class as best as they could. But majority of the professors I've taken have been extremely helpful. They were always available if I had any questions, always guided me to make sure I passed, and taught their lessons as effectively as possible. Kapiolani Community College lost the last star because of other facilities. The cafeteria has overpriced food that can sometimes be unsatisfying by the amount they give to us. I've also encountered a few disrespectful staff members - but they were mostly college students and not the adults working. But these flaws aren't a big deal because I come to this campus for my education. As long as my professors are helpful I learn what I need to learn, then that is satisfying enough.

Chance

In my opinion Kapiolani Community College may not be as grand as The University of Hawaii at Manoa, but it still has many great things that I do not believe UHM does. For example smaller class sizes that are small enough to have a classroom environment. The teachers there are also more personalized with their students, and we feel like the staff there care about us. Among other things that is pretty much the better parts of Kapiolani Community College, which to me is a great college to start off at.

Francisco

Depending on what you expect from this college, this is a perfect place for me. Nice campus, small class size and lots of resources provided to use. This is not a school for people to party and want big lecture halls, this is a college for people who are ready to concentrate and work hard.

Ka Man

I personally believe KCC has a perfect class size that professor and students are more connected to each other and involved, campus environment is very comfortable. Even though it does not have all the classes that are found in University of Hawaii, it does provides wide choices for student to pick what they are going to peruse in the future.

Austin Taylor

Kapiolani Community College is a very excellent institution, it has a very diverse student body, as well as teachers and faculty that constantly look out for the students whether it be within the classroom, or outside of class hours. The overall campus is very well kept and improvements are constantly being made to enhance the image of the school, and also to make it a better learning environment with countless opportunities.

Will

To me, Kapiolani Community College is just a commuter school. You're only here to learn and, get out. People understand this pretty well since it is a community collage and, not a four-year university. Their professor are really friendly, once you reach out. Other then that, don't exact much from KCC and transfer to Manoa as fast as you can.

Raleigh

Kapiolani would not have been my first choice for a school, as I planned to enroll in an animation program. However, with an extreme lack of colleges that teach animation in Hawaii, I had to choose this one. However, I found myself pleasantly surprised at how great of a school this is. The teachers are all helpful and the faculties are quite nice. However, I could do without teachers giving their political opinions every class period, and belittling the side they don't agree with. This is very unprofessional behavior for a classroom, and I would give a 5 stars if not for this.

Abigail Keiko

My major couldn't be found under "Your Major", so my major is Information Technology, so I just put Computer Science. All the professors are always happy to answer your questions or concerns before, during or after class. If you need to contact your professor outside of the classroom then you can email them and they would always reply to you.

Tasha

I admit I was nervous first to attend. But I have grown to like my campus a lot. I have found the staff very welcoming, helpful and friendly. Personally I had so many questions before attending and I haven't had anyone not want to help me. I feel generally safe at the campus with lots of security and people who care to step in if someone is in need of help.

Julie

Kapiolani Community College is a very diverse and affable school. Many of the students are friendly and the staff are very accessible and are willing to help at any time. The teachers and professors have great relationships with their students and are very good at keeping students engaged. I'm glad to have chosen a great community college to get a head start on my college career.

Cris

It is a very beautiful campus where I could see the ocean, sunrise horizon and Diamond Head Crater. Parking is free and available and everyone there is friendly and helpful. Also, the food is amazing since a lot of the students are Culinary Arts major.

Sisilia

There is no other campus more willing to help students achieve their academic goal like Kapiolani Community College. They are so engaged with the students, each department helps mold and teach the students their study of major for their future careers.

Kaitlyn-Amanda

Great college to go and nice people including the professors.