Kaplan University-Davenport Campus Top Questions

Venus

online there is no one to help you when you need it

Deborah

Job placement post graduation.

toni

all the writing that has to be done on the discussion boards and assignments

daneisha

To me as a Kaplan University student online campus the most frustrating thing about school for me was the seminars . The seminars was frustrating because they tend to kick me out alot in the middle of the seminar and had alot of technical difficulties during live seminars.

Mark

Kaplan is a great school with excellent professors.

Leistey

Attending college is very rewarding to me. The most frustrating thing about school to me is managing it along with a full-time career and family. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but in the end is very rewarding! I feel blessed to be able to attend college!

Heather

Financial aid! They seem to have too many students to give much personal help. Plus with the classes running on a 10 week schedule, the financial aid is always late.

Lola

It takes a lot of dedication and planning to be an online schedule. If you get behind, it can be very difficult to catch back up.

Brandi

Financial aid confustion

Marsha

Sometimes the lack of communication between the departments within the college can be very frustrating.

The instructors are not always available to answer questions, and they do not explain the course material in detail.

chrystal

It is very expensive

Brad

I am new actually haven't started yet, but will in the next couple weeks.

wanda

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the classes fill up quickly.

Brenda

The most frustrating thing for me at first was the discussion board . Because I use to be the type of person that would't participate in discussions because I was to afraid of giving the wrong answers. But that didn't have anything to do with the school, it was on me. I have overcame that fear now I have finished my first term. I have learn to respond whether my answer was wrong or right. It's all about the participation in class.

Brandy

Nothing about Kaplan University frustrates me.

Angelina

The most frustrating aspect of school is the expense. I come from a well off family that worked hard to live a prosperous life, however no one has a degree. I need to fulfill 36 credits before I can receive my degree. The other 144 are not attainable, because I have a $7,000 debit with the school. My student loans are with a company that is loosing money, and due this no new loans are being extended. The amounts of variables that exist due to payment are too much, but all I want to do is learn.

gehad

I am just returning, so from the educational stand point I have not been frustrated. My frustration come from finances. I am currently unemployed and returning to complete my degree. I am finding that in this current economic condition money is hard to come by. I am frustated that finances have to interfere with my decision to complete my education.

Princellena

With online classes I would have to say the most frustrating thing is the team projects. The main reason it's frustrating is because of the lack of communication that goes on between our classmates. I guess it would be different if we were in a classroom because we would see each other and the contact would be easier. I can understand that for some people it may be difficult to keep up with communicating for group projects online, but one of the reasons for taking online classes is to understand the different ways of communicating through different technologies.

Melissa

There is nothing frustrating about my school so far, but if you'd like to know about UC I could go on forever. First of all, the fees are insane! Who wants to pay over $200 for an all day orientation there is no use for ? And as for scholarship help from your advisor, you might as well forget that. My advisor and I were e-mailing back and forth about my new classes when I asked about help to pay for it and still to this day I haven't recieved anything back, THANKS.

I have not been in school in 7 years.. I am very much looking forward to going back!

Kellie

The most frustrating thing is that the academic advisor is not real helpful.

Lisa

I love attending Kaplan. I would have to say that the most frustrating is when your listening to seminars and you lose the voice or get booted out. It doesn't happen very often, and I think the audio is more on the professors end than the schools itself. If you get booted out, you can get right back in so it's really not a big deal.

Carissa

So far, the most frustrating experience I've have to deal with at school is the location of my dorm. It is the dorm located furthest away from everything; the classes, the workout center and the dining services. It really does put a damper on motivation to want to do anything, especially in the Wisconsin winter climate!

Diane

Dealing with administration because you do not see them eye to eye, over phone or email is difficult and response time is slow.

Sheila

The most frustrating thing about my school is, not all online courses are audio.

Rosemarie

Its 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} online

Sometimes I do not get a response back in a timely fashion from some of my teachers. Overall the teachers are pretty good at getting back to me!

Monisha

N/A

Michelle

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tuition.