Kaplan University-Davenport Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kaplan University-Davenport Campus

Ruth

Honestly, overall Kaplan University is a good school to attend the academic advisors are good and understanding and try to provide you with the help you need. The instructors are the same they are resourceful and provide great information for you (the student) to conduct their work to the best of their abilities they provide articles and/or textbooks to help guide you in the right direction. The interaction that you receive through the seminars are great as well and the interaction that you receive through the discussion boards are also great along with your colleagues (other students). Now in regards of the Financial Aid department the school could benefit from training their Financial Aid advisors which some are students working for Kaplan to not just provide students who are calling with generic information in regards of stipends or their funds since the student who is calling has to pay it back anyway. Also, this department has a lot of "system upgrades" but its still remains the same in addition they may want to work on fixing the financial aid section on the KU portal for students who can't access and not give them the run around such as call technical support and the technical support tells you that they can't fix it only Financial Aid can just have some one fix it and avoid the run around because this often causes frustration and stress to the student who is calling and the advisor on the phone. Other than that I think the University is great to attend and get a degree in which ever program you are interested in just watch out for the Financial Aid department.

Lisa

Kaplan, now known as Purdue University Global, has a wonderful staff. From the moment you talk with your first advisor, you feel welcome and confident that you will succeed. The professors are very involved and are happy to help you whenever needed. The financial aid department is very knowledgeable and are willing to help you at all times. The online campus is easy to navigate and live seminars are held each week to explain the unit assignments and what is expected. There are extra webinars given by the university to help you with APA guidelines, study groups, and time management, to name a few. I have been extremely pleased with my experience.

I am currently enrolled with Kaplan University on their on-line classes. Thus far I am pleased with the interactions with the professors, students and staff. Although I have not attended the actual Davenport campus I have made a visit to the Philadelphia location. It was amazing to see the staff and students treated me as if I've been a student there forever. Kaplan is a terrific school to attend.

Felicia

Kaplan University has been great thus far, I am now a second year student. Kaplan University offers 24-hr tech support, tutoring and most professors make themselves available outside of office hours. I have experienced two professors that should consider going into another career but the rest have been great. I was concerned when I had made my decision to return to school that I wasn't going to do well at all. It seems I was concerned for nothing. I am a 40 year old online student who has not attended school in over 20 years and I have a 4.2 GPA thanks to all the support provided by Kaplan University.

alexis

This school is not a good school. The classes don't teach you any thing and the online portions are over priced. They kick you out of school if your tuition isn't paid and ask for too much information for financial aid. If you are looking for inexpensive online tuition. This university is not for you.

Venus

its done all online. If I lived in Davenport area i would have most definitely attend. The idea of meeting new people and having a one on one conversation with professors to me is truly the right way to learn. Overall Kaplan University is a great place to learn whether online or on campus.

Sharla

Kaplan University-Davenport is a great university to attend. The professors are always available. They have a great curriculum and graduation rate. I feel Kaplan University will give me the best skills needed for my future career.

Kelly

This is an online campus. Many of the topics this questionnaire asked about are things I can only guess at, such as dorm life, or campus life. The best thing Kaplan On-line offers is canceling the daily road trip to class. Each student is responsible to do their own work, and complete their coursework. Kaplan University is good discipline. There is a question around town if employers will regard a degree at an on-line college as equal to a traditional degree from a campus college. Sometimes communicating by electronics only is a barrier to achievement and good interpersonal relationships with staff. The wait time on the phone to talk to faculty or staff can be really long. This is a little disturbing since you cannot go to talk directly to someone right away. The upside is that you can get everything you need from your online virtual classroom. You do not have to be right there with classmates and teachers to communicate on course topics or ask questions.

Katherine

I have a grievance pending

Karla

Kaplan is the best!!!! The online classroom experience is awesome as well! You have a chance to meet with your professors and classmates efficiently in both settings. Your advisor is in contact with you on all levels of your education and there is always help. The environment is comfortable.

I am on online courses and the online campus is great! Interactive learning, at your own pace, very nice teachers and staff, very helpful and overall good experience! The only problem that I keep running into is funding, I am having a hard time getting funds for college. I don't have the money for it myself. It's a very nice school and i love it there. ~Elizabeth

michelle

nice

Regina

I attend Kaplan University's online learning program. It is the best online college I have ever attended. The professors are professional, knowledgeable, and challenge me to do my very best work. When I have had questions or concerns, the professors have responded right away. My educational adviser has been very supportive, helping me choose classes that will not only help me earn my degree, but also challenge me to grow in my career. It is also more affordable than any other university offering my degree of choice. The university offers a very supportive tutoring system and extensive online library that has been very helpful. I highly recommend Kaplan University.

Nelene

It's a great university. They are now Purdue Global University. I'm looking forward to great opportunities in the near future. The professors are great and caring. Academic advisors are always willing to help. I'm happy I made this University my higher education choice. I have achieved so much there.

Cara

Kaplan University has employees that are truly there to help you! From the Financial Aid Advisors to my Success Manager, I wanted to quit but they gave me more confidence is continuing on. And here I am feeling so proud of myself and giving thanks for helping me!! Go Kaplan!!

Jill

I attend the online courses only, so I really could not say what actual campus activities are like. For the most part, the professors have been very educated and available for questions I may have. The online program does have its glitches; occasionally the syllabuses do not match up with course descriptions of assignments so I need clarification. I would say that financial aid has been the biggest barrier because of the lack of communication. Overall, I am satisfied with every other aspect aside from the financial portion.

Tiffany

I have received my Masters in Criminal Justice from Kaplan and could not be more pleased with my experienced. In fact, it was partially persuasive towards my return to Kaplan to work towards acquiring a Certificate as a Crime Scene Technician. I solely attend classes online which is amazing for an individual such as myself that can find it challenging to have face-to-face learning with my professor and fellow classmates. Overall, my time at Kaplan has been wonderful, and I would highly recommend Kaplan to anyone.

I love it! They understand that people have other lives outside of the classroom and they try to make things as relaxed and easy as they can. The teachers are very understanding and are always there if you need anything. I am able to be a full time college student, work full time, and still do things I love all while getting great grades.

Mike

well I have to be honest I am a online student starting my first year out of a 4 year degree. I only have reviewed the campus online & my submissions are from what I have researched. But I was as honest as I could be. I think this University is a great way for people like me to earn their degree. The staff & enrollment staff have been so helpful & understanding. I have taken my first live seminar & found it to be engaging & productive. I'd totally recommend this University to others. Thanks & God Bless.

Qunci

I love the school . All of my professors and advisors are always there for me . My teacher once called me to have a one on one. I was so frustrated in the class ans now I get it 100%. My advisor is super nice and encouraging . She calls me to check on me and my personal life as well.

Nelleen

I'll give Kaplan University-Davenport Campus an 'A+'

Kendra I

When I first enrolled with Kaplan I was totally unsure of which classes or what I really wanted to be. But after about 2 yrs I finally realized the importance of knowing what I wanted Yo achieve and what it was going to take for me to become that awesome individual who strives for excellent with Kaplan University

love it, They are easy to talk with if a person needs helps. they email you back right away and I enjoy taking classes from them and I would prefer them to other students that are looking to continue their education. I'm currently a student there and I rate them a five star and I hope others take the time to look into this campus and they will see how much help and they are there for you.

Tiffany

I am an online student so my learning environment is at home. The class sizes are good. Teachers are accessible outside of the class if you need assistance. Classmates are well mannered and approachable. There are not too many social clubs but there are some that students can participate and be involved with.

Monique

This is my second online school that I have attended, and I have to say that I love how the courses and school give its students the help and guidance they need. My favorite part that I love the most are the live weekly seminars. That has the students interacting with one another as well as having our professors give a lecture so we can learn more about the unit topic.

Renee

Kaplan has the best professors that is always helpful and motivated to help us succeed. The lesson plans are geared to further achievements in the real world. They teach us about our career life as well as or professional goals.

Jena

I absolutely love Kaplan University. I have a full time job, and a family, all my classes are online and work well with my schedule. I take one course every 6 weeks so I don't get to stressed out. I love that I can further my education but it don't take time away from my family or my job!

Kaelyn

Being here at Kaplan University, I really enjoy it and cant wait to keep furthering my education here! Kaplan is very flexible and understanding. The professors are always on top of their students and keep a great one-to-one bond with their students because the classroom size is very reasonable.

Lakeyta

Attending Kaplan University has been a very pleasant experience for me. The academic advisors and other staff are very helpful and want to see you succeed. The professors are always available for questions and are prompt in returning emails. After becoming ill and unable to continue working in my current profession I chose to return to college and redirect my path. Kaplan University has been essential and has made this transition a pleasant one for me. I feel encouraged to do my best. I look for to attending class discussions and the topics are interesting. Overall I like the structure of how the university runs. I would be a spokesperson for this university if given the opportunity

Shannon

Everyone is friendly. All staff are knowledgeable, kind and very helpful. My advisor assisted me in registering for all classes clear up to when I am to graduate. The online library has amazing resources and tools available. I've found the writing workshop is a great way to assure I'm going to turn in quality work. Professors are easy to work with and make selves available through phone and email. Overall, this is a fantastic school!

I am not sure what the campus life is like, I do all programs online from my home. This campus is the main campus that used for all the students that are enrolled online at Kaplan. I have been to the Augusta Maine campus and I would feel very safe there. They do not have dorms at this campus. I can contact my professors by phone, email and they do great getting back to the students. I would not change my online experience it has been great and works with my life style.

The online school is one of the best. All of faculty whether it is professors, advisors, or technical support, all are readily accessible. All of the students participate during seminars and we always hold very good conversations that get you thinking. I think it is a wonderful online school and I have recommended it to friends.

Ke'Ora

I absolutely love Kaplan university! Their online program is amazing and they are an accredited institution which means all credits earned online can be transferred to Universities. The teachers are helpful and the seminars help are always recorded just in case class is missed. There are also options of writing a paper just in case a person cannot make it to class on time. I am glad I did my research on Kaplan and chose their school because I am very pleased with them academically.

Looooove it, love that I can do classwork/homework on my own time. Love that I don't have to go anywhere to be in class like, being in class while in my underwear haha!Love that its affordable.Love that I don't need a baby sitter to graduate! I love absolutely everything about it!

Natalie

I am currently going for a medical assistant through their online program and then continuing on to pursue sonography. Kaplan is amazing, and the professors are what make it truly a great experience. They are always available, even during the hurricane in Florida, our professor who lives in Florida was available to us. Amazing!

Alison

It is a great on-line school so far. I am still new. This is my first time doing online classes so it is hard sometimes. I will get a hold of it and graduate with flying colors. When I start something I finish. This is to important to me to fail. This college was a perfect fit. Everyone has been so good to me. I love it.

This so far has been a good experience, there is a lot of support thus far and many many forms of communication and engagement to ensure the students are oriented and set up to begin the process and are successful.

Savannah

I am currently a student at Kaplan in the BS of Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis. I love Kaplan. I am learning a lot and hope to graduate shortly. Teachers are always there when you need help, which I appreciate, and I am glad to have chosen this university.

It is amazing. Always lots going on. Teachers are always there to help you. Lots of help when needed. The tutoring is great and there when you need. Have made a lot of new friends while going to school here. People are always having great discussions about class and about life.