Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

The Kaplan University workload is comparable to that of the traditional college student. We do not write long seemingly endless papers, our assignments are designed with our real lives in mind. At Kaplan University the workload is manageable as long as you stay caught up. The thing we complain about the most is paying a technology fee but not having the choice of traditional textbook or e-book. It is by no means a deal breaker. I love my school!

The Kaplan University workload is comparable to that of the traditional college student. We do not write long seemingly endless papers as our assignments are aimed with our real lives in mind. At Kaplan University the workload manageable as long as you stay caught up. The thing we complain about the most is paying a technology fee but not having the choice of traditional textbook or e-book. It is by no means a deal breaker. I love my school!

Students complain about the amount of work they have to do however it is no more than any other school woul give.

Most online students complain about not being to see their instrcutors face to face during seminars (class session). Also, they compain about the fact that only certain classes have flexible seminar.

SHELLIA

The most typical complaints are in not being able to get into Kaplan or being constantly booted out during seminars. When these problems occur Tech support is immediately called and they try to resolve the problem.

Beverly

I really cannot say as far as what students complain about the most, because so far I have not really heard any students or peers complaints.

Most people think that an online school is for lazy people. This is a common misconception. You will have to work hard and dedicate yourself toward obtaining a degree. I think some students coming in to Kaplan University Online believe that this will be an easy ride. I can assure you that it isn't. I went to a campus based college and the amount of work that I had there is the same amount I have here. Kaplan provides you with an excellent education.

Not being able to learn the weeks lesson.Like if class is canceled or the professor did not get through all the weeks lesson

Linsey

Students complain about the financial aide department.

The only complaint I have ever had about Kaplan University's online campus is that their Financial Aid Department "sucks". I would not say that their Financial Aid Department "sucks". I would say that it needs organization and work. First off, let me ask you this question though...whose Financial Aid Department is pleasant? Any time you are dealing with a department that has to collect money, it is usually a more frustrating experience. Once you have given them everything they need as far as paperwork goes, you are pretty much set to smooth sail. Their Financial Aid Department is definitely not a major concern that anyone wanting to attend Kaplan University should have.

I don't know about for everyone, but I have seen many complaints against the new 'mandatory' policy for webinars, especially in classes where there is only 1 seminar you can attend - or an alternate assignment.

Linsey

The FA department

Linsey

The FA department

Tosha

Unfortunately, with online classes, comes technical difficulty. That is the most common complaint at my school. The good thing is that kaplan works hard to resolve any issues and the usually do not last past a day or two.

Tosha

The only complaint I hear about the most about Kaplan online is that sometimes Seminar days and times are not convenient for some students. However, if you are ever not able to attend a seminar they always have a seminar option 2. Which is just another brief assignment, and if you miss seminar but do seminar option 2 you will still get full credit.

The primary complaint about KU is their Financial Aid department. Most of their employees are not college level graduates and they do often make mistakes on your financial aid. They also have access to your FAFSA (even though they tell you otherwise) and can change information on your FAFSA without you knowing about it. Be sure that you visit your FAFSA website at least once per term to make sure no one has been dummying your numbers to set you up for "owing" money upon graduation.