S Portland, ME
Kaplan University-Maine Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kaplan University-Maine Campus

Lindsay

I love Kaplan, which is now Purdue Global. I could not find a listing for purdue global because they are new I assume. So far so good!! The classes are great! The live seminars are wonderful! Loud clear and they explain everything to detail. The assignments are challenging which I like! The quizzes are great! The instructors are wonderful, inspiring, and I feel as if my educational purposes have been met and continue to thrive through Purdue!

Melissa

I have been on campus in Augusta about two times. I went to tour their campus before applying and have been there to meet with the Nursing Director. I enjoy Kaplan because of the atmosphere, just being there twice I can tell it is the place I want to be getting my Nursing degree.

Darleen

I feel that the stereotype of Kaplan University is that it is a military school and that they are a hardcore place to get into and that the expectations to succeed is to great. I also feel that these same stereotypes are what actually make KU what they are. A place where one can come to and though the expectations are high, the staff and students all work together to make ones success a high probability.As for student stereotypes, I truly believe there is none. The thought behind the school is that none is any better or worse than another and all are equals (student and staff alike).

Kaplan University is a diverse student based population. Our school is represented by many minorities and noone is thought of a s a majority. All students work together, side by side as fellow students and unique individuals. Our area has many African/African American folks that enhance the lives of the locals and work hand in hand alongside everyone else. It is this diverse population that has helped us grow into the wonderful community we are. I do not believe that any person would feel out of place at our school. Everyone is treated as an equal, and nobody is any better than person sitting/standing next to another person.. Our dress is casual, just no provocative clothing wear, if one is in the medical field, then most need to wear their provided scrubs, little to no jewelry, and tattoos covered. If one is in the business field one is asked to dress casual, neat, and clean. All other areas are simply expected to be neat, and clean clothed. Our area of town is low to middle class financially and most depend on financial assistance in order to get through our classes.

Kaplan has a wide array of educational opportunities to choose from. The staff work diligently beside each student to help them in the choices of classes and degree programs. Professors work hard with all individual students to ensure that the student is understanding the lessons and the expectations. Is certainly is not uncommon to see professors dropping by the computer labs or the academics room to simply talk with the student and hand out support and praise. If the student is having difficulty the professor will simply stop to try to help. Our newest field of learning is the Human services curriculum. KU also offers Criminal Justice, Child Enrichment, Accounting, Business Management, Medical, Law Enforcement, et al. Professors enforce class participation and oft times has classes break into groups to work together as teams in order to do lessons and then present their efforts to the others in order for all to come up with new ideas and thought processes to the particular lesson of the time. So yes, there is also a lot of class competition between teams and individuals. I have my Associates degree in Business Management with Medical attached, my Associates in Human Services, and am presently working on my Bachelors degree in Human Services. The school stood behind me when I opted to change fields and genuinely helped me to transition quickly and easily. Oft times you will find myself and other students grouped around professors in the hallways, or outside the campus simply conversing about what the day has entailed and what ever may surface for a subject. I have made many friends worldwide thanks to our online classes and have become quite close to many of these students and have become friends even once classes are completed.

Tatiana

The classmates in my classroom are very open, have a lot of experience with examples they can bring to class and are there to better their education.

I have got a lot out of my college experience at Andover College. I love the experience of being a small classroom with about 10-12 students in the classroom. The professors were very personal and knew you by name and were there for you to help you with any problems. The entire school is very small which makes it the perfect opportunity for you to get to know people and receive the help you want without having to wait or make an appointment with your professor. It has been valuable for me to attend Andover College because I have gotten a fabulous education. The professors are there for you and to make sure that you excel. They are always available and make time for you in their daily schedule to make sure that you are getting the education you are paying for. I am very happy with my decision to attend Andover College because I enjoy the small classes and have received a valuable education by receiving the one on one experience with my teachers.

The type of person that should not attend Andover College is, the type of person who enjors a large school with lots of students in a classroom. Anover college does not have on campus dorms and living areas. So if a person is looking for a school that has housing then Andover is the wrong school for them. Also, if someone is looking for a school to do a sport then Andover is not the right choice because they do not have any sports. Andover College is a small school and for some people small schools are not for them.

Those that want to continue their education.

Those that want to continue their education.

It is okay not to know what you want to do with your life. You are a very intelligent girl and the possibilities are endless. Take your time and don't let anyone pressure you. Even though grades are important do not freak out if you get a poor grade. What is most important is that you learn the information.

Someone that has much more going on than being able to attend classes, such as people that have fulltime jobs or that have a family at home. The classes work around your schedule. The best part is that they work with Kaplan University online so you don't have to always go to campus to earn credits.

Kaplan University-Maine Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.